Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > Creators Platform

Display Modes Thread Tools
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
11-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0ls View Post
wait can't you just use the built in capture device and upload your clips to one drive so you can get them on your computer for editing????? Seems a little easier than using a stream.
It's an extra step when doing that. This just records straight to your computer. The Xbox DVR thing involves saving a clip, editing the clip, and rendering/uploading the clip. Then you download the clip from the OneDrive.

If you have a good upload speed the twitch idea is definitely a good choice.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
11-11-2014

recorded this last night at 2000 kbs stream or wahtever.. looks bad. I think its due to this computer I reecorded it on. I'm going to try again with my good computer.

*Ignore my voice haha. Up all night getting mad so I'm pretty out of it.
FrothySoma
Level 25
Subtract from FrothySoma's ReputationAdd to FrothySoma's Reputation FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin'
11-11-2014

Lemme know if changing computer helps, or if its just the stream bitrate
FrothySoma
Level 25
Subtract from FrothySoma's ReputationAdd to FrothySoma's Reputation FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin' FrothySoma is osageballin'
11-13-2014

updating OP with some halo footage I captured.

Last edited by FrothySoma; 11-13-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
11-15-2014

So when i start broadcasting, it says at the bottom (broadcasting 3 viewers)...how do i turn that crap off?
FrothySoma
Level 25
11-15-2014

you can't, as far as i know. that's what lets you know that your stream is working. Does that really bug you that much? cause I don't even notice.
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
11-15-2014

it bugs me to no end, frothy
FrothySoma
Level 25
11-15-2014

I would suggest buying a capture card or trying to get the in-game DVR to work then, friend.
CrosS_
Level 26
Subtract from CrosS_'s ReputationAdd to CrosS_'s Reputation CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield
11-24-2014

im not sure if it is my internet thats causing it or if it's the method of recording, but the video files i get are recorded in mpeg 2 and are grainy/blurry as all get out even though i stream at 2500kbps.

the file type cannot be placed directly in sony vegas OR virtual dub either...

is there a way to change the file format for the output video, or a way to raise the quality of the output?

also, no 60fps.
FrothySoma
Level 25
11-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosS_ View Post
im not sure if it is my internet thats causing it or if it's the method of recording, but the video files i get are recorded in mpeg 2 and are grainy/blurry as all get out even though i stream at 2500kbps.

the file type cannot be placed directly in sony vegas OR virtual dub either...

is there a way to change the file format for the output video, or a way to raise the quality of the output?

also, no 60fps.
That's odd, when I stream at 2500 kbps I get pretty crisp 720p.
You can download file converters that will do it for you, but I'm pretty sure mine is saved as .avi.
Yeah this method will get 30fps. Not the best, but its free!