Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > Creators Platform

Display Modes Thread Tools
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
08-05-2010

So, theoretically, if you capped a 640x360 video in a truly uncompressed matter (ex: with a BMI) and interpolated to 1280x720, that would be better than just capping at 1280x720? What if you interpolated a 640x480 video (capped with a BMI) to 1280x960?

Also, would interpolating Dazzle-captured footage work? (like from 640x480 to 1280x960?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldYrPistlSTR8 View Post
So, theoretically, if you capped a 640x360 video in a truly uncompressed matter (ex: with a BMI) and interpolated to 1280x720, that would be better than just capping at 1280x720? What if you interpolated a 640x480 video (capped with a BMI) to 1280x960?
No.

Quote:
Also, would interpolating Dazzle-captured footage work? (like from 640x480 to 1280x960?)
Yes, but I don't know how well the results will be. I don't think the results will be that great. After you interpolate the resolution 2.25x, you won't get much better results.
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
08-05-2010

wait wat

640 x 2 = 1280
480 x 2 = 960
Quote:
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-05-2010

Quote:
wait wat

640 x 2 = 1280
480 x 2 = 960
Math fail. What do you do when someone gives you the amount of pixels high and the amount of pixels across of a rectangle, and you want to find the total pixels?
BangsnipE
n00b (level 8)
Subtract from BangsnipE's ReputationAdd to BangsnipE's Reputation BangsnipE is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BangsnipE
08-08-2010

Damn it this site would have all the stuff I need for rendering needs

Join singles ladder, doubles, and squads and match up against me or other top notch players.
Stagga
Level 48
08-10-2010

For those of you skeptical about his normal and ultimate presets, if you have the computer power and time, use the ultimate presets. The difference in quality is huge, and the filesize ends up being slightly smaller.

Of course, if you have to meet deadlines, by all means, use his regular preset or *shudders* wmv, but eventually try to re encode the video you worked so hard on with the best settings possible, so everyone can see what you worked so hard on and all the little details that you wanted them to notice.

It may not look very different to you, but in the future, we'll all have larger monitors, and when you rewatch your montage, you'll slap your head, squint at the screen, and say, "Why didn't I do this right?"

Do your montage justice. Remember, Frag, low strife, bjorn, and Muff1n are working their asses off to archive all the Halo montages created, so do you want your video to be archived with sh.tty quality? No. Besides, for all the (silly) Mac users out there, give them a break (However much you hate them) and render to x264 so their Macbooks can do something useful other than being a fashion statement.

/mini-rant

Regular:

Ultimate:

From what I see, the edges in the Ultimate are slightly sharper and the grain is much more pronounced.
Quote:
but his voice in a mic
was something to like

Last edited by Stagga; 08-10-2010 at 08:03 AM.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
08-10-2010

Quote:
For those of you skeptical about his normal and ultimate presets, if you have the computer power and time, use the ultimate presets. The difference in quality is huge, and the filesize ends up being slightly smaller.

Of course, if you have to meet deadlines, by all means, use his regular preset or *shudders* wmv, but eventually try to re encode the video you worked so hard on with the best settings possible, so everyone can see what you worked so hard on and all the little details that you wanted them to notice.

It may not look very different to you, but in the future, we'll all have larger monitors, and when you rewatch your montage, you'll slap your head, squint at the screen, and say, "Why didn't I do this right?"

Do your montage justice. Remember, Frag, low strife, bjorn, and Muff1n are working their asses off to archive all the Halo montages created, so do you want your video to be archived with sh.tty quality? No. Besides, for all the (silly) Mac users out there, give them a break (However much you hate them) and render to x264 so their Macbooks can do something useful other than being a fashion statement.

/mini-rant

Regular:

Ultimate:
The real difference will be in the file size. The regular preset is a CRF 18, so it will always look good... but the file size will be pretty damn big. With the Ultimate presets, you can crank your bitrate down to like 12000 for 1080p and 6000-7000 for 720p with no quality loss.
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Math fail. What do you do when someone gives you the amount of pixels high and the amount of pixels across of a rectangle, and you want to find the total pixels?
Multiplicate the height and the width together?

Quote:

/mini-rant

Regular:
Ultimate:
Please shut the fuck up. You have no ground to stand on to critique the choices made by members in the past, like phurion and bipolarnick (only people I can remember using macs to edit, nick used a mb). I forget whether zola uses a mac, all I know is he uses OS X.
Al's sweet ass

Stagga
Level 48
08-10-2010

They're the few that don't use it as a fashion statement. I applaud them for that.
Quote:
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
BaGeLzz
Level 28
Subtract from BaGeLzz's ReputationAdd to BaGeLzz's Reputation BaGeLzz is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BaGeLzz
08-13-2010

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PUVC0GJR

Does anyone know why that's happening? I followed the tutorial step by step. Everything looks fine except for the reticule and the medals, but that's a big problem. Also it randomly spazzes and loses color. I did everything with uncompressed avi and made sure that I followed every step. I tried this multiple times with different clips, but the same thing keeps happening.