Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 141 59.24%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 96 40.34%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 97 40.76%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 84 35.29%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 82 34.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
::SK MEDIA::
Level 28
Subtract from ::SK MEDIA::'s ReputationAdd to ::SK MEDIA::'s Reputation ::SK MEDIA:: is a novice
08-28-2010

"The Academy Award for Best Motion Picture is considered the most important of the Academy Awards, as it is the final award presented, and represents all the directing, acting, and writing efforts put forth for a film."

Convert this with aspects to the halo comp videos, and you have your answer.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
Subjectivity in entertainment doesn't exist when one video BLATANTLY ignores all aspects of video making, which according to you is "translucent editing."

Let me rate roadblock's vid TMV style for ya:
Creativity: 2 - cuz it used a rap song
Content: 9 - great footage
Editing: 5 - Not much to judge
Soundtrack: 5 - just cuz I like eminem, but this song doesn't belong in a tage, just listen to the lyrics...
Quality: 10 - just for kicks I give it a 10
That's an overall score of 31/50 which is a 6.2...

Editing is not capable of creating an awesome halo related video without any kind of halo related content. halo related content is already a form of media so it can provide entertainment right off the bat, but it is very limited unless editing comes into play. Editing comes in and distorts/shapes it into the image/vision of it's creator, so when you get a video that has a lot of thought and effort into it, you get a movie and not clips on a timeline. Do you understand? Of course you do, you already understood this a couple posts back but you wont drop the front. A great example of this is Single Gaming 3, a video that features an amazing array of frags, to a unique storyline that captures the viewer and makes them believe what they are watching is more than just clips on a timeline, but at the same time maintains/enhances the footage. GP gets old, editing is unique and can be expressed in an infinite amount of ways, this is why the combination of GP(or media) is accompanied by editing(creativity), to create something deeper and to give the media more meaning than it has...to be CLEAR editing is not more important than GP, but GP alone does not make for a better video than GP + editing.

I never said it was a bad video, you're turning what I'm saying into something subjective by misinterpreting what I'm saying. The fact of the matter is that RB's video lacks effort, and having it in the top 3 shows people in this community that you don't need to put effort into your work to feel appraised, which is a terrible thing to advocate, but you seem to be completely ok with it because you like to argue for the sake of arguing...which is really annoying. A video that lacks effort being given recognition and shown approval advocates lack of effort...it doesn't show us how powerful gameplay can be, we already know how powerful it can be, the damn game's been out for 3 years, we've all seen our fair share of vids like Roadblock's, and you'd be a fool to argue that Roadblock's GP with SG3's storyline and editing wouldn't make a better video than Roadblock's GP with no storyline or editing. Jeeeeeeeeez.

lol wtf

You really don't get it, do you...

A Halo montage can be amazing without noticeably good content (aka Black Box), it can also be amazing without any noticeably good editing (aka Apex, Roadblock, Rush). Learn to appreciate other styles of videos. You seem to think the world revolves around editing, and that's just not true. Sorry.

I want the old and humble pTw back from the Invincible/Snipers United days

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 08-28-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Shadowolf19
Level 29
Subtract from Shadowolf19's ReputationAdd to Shadowolf19's Reputation Shadowolf19 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Shadowolf19
08-28-2010

Blackbox, FA, Dutchy. I still don't see why Roadblock's made it this far o_O
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::SK MEDIA:: View Post
"The Academy Award for Best Motion Picture is considered the most important of the Academy Awards, as it is the final award presented, and represents all the directing, acting, and writing efforts put forth for a film."

Convert this with aspects to the halo comp videos, and you have your answer.
Last I checked, the Academy didn't award Best Picture based on open voting to the public.

This is H3F, this award is based on popularity in terms of entertainment, hence the open voting. The award we have closest to Best Picture is Judge's Choice, and even that's not really comparable since we only have 6 judges, whereas the academy has over 100 people.
Krayte
Level 22
Subtract from Krayte's ReputationAdd to Krayte's Reputation Krayte is legendary Krayte is legendary Krayte is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Krayte Send a message via Skype™ to Krayte
::SK MEDIA::
Level 28
Subtract from ::SK MEDIA::'s ReputationAdd to ::SK MEDIA::'s Reputation ::SK MEDIA:: is a novice
08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Last I checked, the Academy didn't award Best Picture based on open voting to the public.
The award we have closest to Best Picture is Judge's Choice, and even that's not really comparable since we only have 6 judges, whereas the academy has over 100 people.
fair enough then.
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-28-2010

Quote:

You really don't get it, do you...

A Halo montage can be amazing without noticeably good content (aka Black Box), it can also be amazing without any noticeably good editing (aka Apex, Roadblock, Rush). Learn to appreciate other styles of videos. You seem to think the world revolves around editing, and that's just not true. Sorry.

I want the old and humble pTw back from the Invincible/Snipers United days
The community is not ready yet.

I hate being called out on humility, cuz you can't be like "No! I'm still humble!" So I dunno what to say about that except I am just confident in myself, but to call me cocky or arrogant is just wrong. I do so much for people over AIM and never ask for a thing in return except a bit of respect and common courtesy.

Anyway, I'm sorry you dislike me even more now XXL, I'm simply posting my thoughts like anyone else does, and I firmly stand by them, what kind of a person would I be if I abandoned my beliefs at the first sign of resistance? I'm sorry if I pissed anyone off with what I said, but it's how I feel. As for people still thinking I'm butthurt about SQ or whatnot, I'm not, I actually posted a bunch of stupid sh.t in that thread that I wish I could take back, but what's done is done. Spazz, you need to learn how to post without insulting people, all I read was a bunch of sh.t talk in your post, if you want to throw down fisticuffs, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for ya, right here. Frag, I'm sorry for saying you're putting up a front and other stupid disrespectful sh.t I probably said to you.
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-28-2010

Quote:
The community is not ready yet.

I hate being called out on humility, cuz you can't be like "No! I'm still humble!" So I dunno what to say about that except I am just confident in myself, but to call me cocky or arrogant is just wrong. I do so much for people over AIM and never ask for a thing in return except a bit of respect and common courtesy.

Anyway, I'm sorry you dislike me even more now XXL, I'm simply posting my thoughts like anyone else does, and I firmly stand by them, what kind of a person would I be if I abandoned my beliefs at the first sign of resistance? I'm sorry if I pissed anyone off with what I said, but it's how I feel. As for people still thinking I'm butthurt about SQ or whatnot, I'm not, I actually posted a bunch of stupid sh.t in that thread that I wish I could take back, but what's done is done. Spazz, you need to learn how to post without insulting people, all I read was a bunch of sh.t talk in your post, if you want to throw down fisticuffs, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for ya, right here. Frag, I'm sorry for saying you're putting up a front and other stupid disrespectful sh.t I probably said to you.
You're missing the point, completely.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
SpaZZ
Level 26
Subtract from SpaZZ's ReputationAdd to SpaZZ's Reputation SpaZZ is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SpaZZ
08-28-2010

Quote:
Spazz, you need to learn how to post without insulting people, all I read was a bunch of sh.t talk in your post, if you want to throw down fisticuffs, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for ya, right here.
I know how to post without insulting people I do it on the daily. You just need to stop arrogant and then I wouldn't have to insult you. But watch out he'll throw down with me, I might get the e-beatdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
My polo game isn't even fair.
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
08-28-2010

Quote:
This is H3F, this award is based on popularity