Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which videos deserve to advance?
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 141 59.24%
"Roadblock's Final Montage" - Edited by Backfire 96 40.34%
"Contractus" - Edited by Nv1ncible 97 40.76%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 84 35.29%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 82 34.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
crucifix
wsup den
Subtract from crucifix's ReputationAdd to crucifix's Reputation crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNit000 View Post
You're an awesome guy crucifix.
Thanks sexy username person. I do agree that I'm that awesome.
reow
Spoiler!
CaptainCrunch
Level 13
Subtract from CaptainCrunch's ReputationAdd to CaptainCrunch's Reputation CaptainCrunch is a novice
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
It's not about money, it's about recognition. We make vids for the recognition, the views, and the praise. When a video like RB gets the recognition over people like us who go to great lengths to create something special for the community, it's a pretty sh.tty feeling. That recognition should go to a video that tried to go above and beyond and change things, not a video that sends the message, "hey, f..k those guys who try so hard at making something new, watch this sh.t, vote for it, and rub it in their dumb faces for trying to be good at something all of us see as insignificant, but hey, while we're at it, lets also recognize the great effort put into M2 to really piss them off and get them confused." I'm sure RB's vid didn't intend to do that, but that's the message the community is sending people like me, by voting it into the top 3.

Do you get it now...?
I am SO FUCKING GLAD that not everybody shares your opinion, because according to you apparently, everybody has to subscribe to a certain type of video for it to go whatever you call 'up and beyond'. I loved Roadblock's because of the lack of crazy stupid editing that is in every fucking video nowadays. The game play was so clutch, making the video have alot of re-watch value. I surely can't sit through 10 minutes of one of your over-edited eye blasting videos where all you see is some random's head being blown off then the clip changes. Everyone has a different opinion on what is good and what is bad. You get a bad vibe that a different style of video is beating youre style of video, an youre getting butthurt? I have a suggestion. STOP FUCKING EDITING HALO VIDEOS. There, problem solved. Otherwise, get the fuck over it? Yeah. That.
~CaptainCrunch41
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom pTw wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
08-27-2010

You need to stop being a women and voting with your "feelings" Capt' crunch, and be a man like me and vote with integrity.
CaptainCrunch
Level 13
Subtract from CaptainCrunch's ReputationAdd to CaptainCrunch's Reputation CaptainCrunch is a novice
08-27-2010

Quote:
You need to stop being a women and voting with your "feelings" Capt' crunch, and be a man like me and vote with integrity.
Hypocritetroll.
~CaptainCrunch41
Dudeman27
Level 31
Subtract from Dudeman27's ReputationAdd to Dudeman27's Reputation Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield Dudeman27 finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Dudeman27 Send a message via Yahoo to Dudeman27
08-27-2010

Oh my god this thread is so ridiculous.

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
08-27-2010

Quote:
It's not about money, it's about recognition. We make vids for the recognition, the views, and the praise. When a video like RB gets the recognition over people like us who go to great lengths to create something special for the community, it's a pretty sh.tty feeling. That recognition should go to a video that tried to go above and beyond and change things, not a video that sends the message, "hey, f..k those guys who try so hard at making something new, watch this sh.t, vote for it, and rub it in their dumb faces for trying to be good at something all of us see as insignificant, but hey, while we're at it, lets also recognize the great effort put into M2 to really piss them off and get them confused." I'm sure RB's vid didn't intend to do that, but that's the message the community is sending people like me, by voting it into the top 3.

Do you get it now...?

Quote:
So when are you going to put down the front and be honest? If you admitted that RB's tage in the top 3 is bad for the community and makes this comp a joke, it makes YOU look bad because you are helping to run the comp...who cares? Drop the act and be realistic. Roadblock's tage in the top 3 encourages people to make videos with less effort put into them...and that's bad. Ya, translucent editing, highlight style film instead of artistic style film etc whatever, it's still detrimental to the community and encourages lower quality films.

Who said this competition is about deserving anything? The point of the competition is to encourage higher quality videos. That means, a step up from whatever was considered "high quality" last year for example, or LAST COMP. Outside of RB's tage being in the top 3, this competition has accomplished that. However, it's detrimental to the development of the community to be praising RB's video when a video like Tizoxic's(or any other pro tage) brings everything RB's video brings, AND MORE.

You really need to stop putting up this fake front. If you're going to be fake and not post your thoughts there's no point in arguing with you, you know RB's vid in the top 3 is bullsh.t, and you know there was nothing impressive in 3 that made the top 10 over a bunch of solid pro entries.

Your point of view is very humble, but humility is often accompanied with ignorance, and you my friend are being ignorant right now.
This is very... disappointing to me that you honestly believe that.

You are completely convinced that other people are required to like your video based on how much editing work it took. It's almost as if you feel justifiably entitled to it, as if subjectivity does not exist in entertainment and your preference on editing is the correct preference.

You are also completely convinced that the editing component of video making is not in the same league as the gameplay component of montage making. The important of editing vs footage is subjective, not objective. You really need to lose the editing ego-trip; editing may require more work and less "fun time" then obtaining footage, but at the end of the day, both are equally critical, and equally capable of creating an awesome video on its own.

In entertainment, what you prioritize over the other is nothing more than personal preference; the only wrong answer is the one who claims his answer is correct in an absolute sense. That's what you are doing right now. It's time to grow up and respect other people who have released something successful, regardless of if you agree with those who embrace it. Roadblock's success isn't teaching people to create "bad" videos because it's not a bad video in the first place. If anything, it's teaching people how powerful gameplay can be. Apex did that, and I suppose we needed a reminder.

You're being very closed-minded and condescending right now. I believe the very nature of competitions bring out the worst in people, because this is not the pTw I know.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 08-27-2010 at 08:52 PM.
terv
YOU AINT GOT NO YEEZY?!!
Subtract from terv's ReputationAdd to terv's Reputation terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000 terv IS OVER 9000
08-27-2010

more estrogen in this thread than my tuesday night knitting circle.
GT: ayy terv

http://www.youtube.com/user/PAYN3isTehSecks
Subscribe plz (:
Married to NickV
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
08-27-2010

Quote:

Do you get it now...?
Maybe its time for you guys to realize that you dont have to spend that much time to make a great video.

Those videos with tons of editing still get good reviews.. look at Dutchy and pretty much all the videos in this contest. Roadblock is just a video that was really chill and had an amazing feel.

You are literally crying over the fact that a video with less than a week spent on it is beating a video which had 3+ months spent on it.

This is a competition, people vote for which one they like the most. Obviously lots of people liked Roadblocks montage.

stop crying.

edit: just noticed frags post. Pretty much what I mean. I just said it in a way worse way because i am an uneducated canadian.
ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
08-27-2010

mattisson/ptw are right and frag/eamonn are wrong.
Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
Contractus > FA. Your vid lacked emotion, the reverse shatter got annoying after the first 500,000 times I watched it, the game audio placement was f..ked up, he didn't randomly alternate between CC and no CC which made the theme inconsistent, and it had less retarded moments like this.

Just sayin'. Contractus had replay value, FA did not. The only thing that was really special about it was the intro.

You can follow tutorials better than Jake and Billy can, would you like a cookie?
You are a f..king idiot. Go read your post on what you posted in FA's thread before you two face yourself to dumbf..king b..ch. So tired of you kid. Yes this is what happens when you are tired of a little 15 year old kid who thinks he has an ego to even say mattisons work wasn't special. When what seraphic, what project have you released. Remind us all please do. If you are going to sit here and two face the sh.t out of mattisons vid i would f..king gladely like to hear what you have done that is better. There is a reason it got how much recognition it did. You will never evereververgerverveverververf..kingever create something as good as FA. Why? Because you are a f..king little twat that thinks he is something on this site when really you are nothing. Loose your f..king ego and release something, im sure everyone is waiting to see you pull off the greatest f..king video of all time. Renzo said it perfectly imo. This competition has turned into purely a popularity contest. This sh.t shoulda been on mlg so the community could of just voted on the best video, which probably would still be dutchy but at least the other results would be better. IM ANGRY

Last edited by Wanny; 08-27-2010 at 10:16 PM.