Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
|| TM22 ||
THF VIP Member
|| TM22 ||'s Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 9,881
Subtract from || TM22 ||'s ReputationAdd to || TM22 ||'s Reputation || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000
#311
07-29-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuFf1n View Post
No sher sh.tlock.
He's probably replying to all of the people that are saying it looked too corny and cartoonish.
Thomasxp5
Art thou feeling it now?
Thomasxp5's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,582
Subtract from Thomasxp5's ReputationAdd to Thomasxp5's Reputation Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Thomasxp5 Send a message via MSN to Thomasxp5
#312
07-29-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by || TM22 || View Post
He's probably replying to all of the people that are saying it looked too corny and cartoonish.
Exactly, thank you.


WATCH MAI FINAL MAWNTAGE

thestrangestick
Level 14
thestrangestick's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK2USAbreh
Posts: 213
Subtract from thestrangestick's ReputationAdd to thestrangestick's Reputation thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
#313
07-29-2010
Default

IMO the High Voltage trailer HUD wasn't good. Sure, it was original, but it was so static that it just looked so artificial and out of place next to the constantly varying HUD of Halo 3. To make a custom HUD work you have to put the time in and pay attention to every minute detail to make it look like it belongs there. A measure of how successful something like a custom HUD is is how much it stands out. If it's painfully obvious that it's different, then the editor has failed at believable integration. If I were to make another montage (be it in Halo 3 or Reach) with a custom HUD, I'd try something really unique, but I felt that, for the first Halo montage with a completely custom HUD, what I did was the correct amount of 'different'.

I also find it tragic how so many of the users here are like sheep, repeating points other people have made. It personally upsets me that it's currently 'cool' to rip on my montage because I spent ten months on it and I believe it to be the most well executed example of a custom HUD ever seen in the world of Halo montages, as I made sure it was perfect by editing it frame by frame. Even people like Fragtality , who claimed to like it in the announcement thread, are now seemingly indifferent to it. And, whilst I appreciate that how I put it together wasn't perfect, because using 'serious' editing software was a learning curve over the 10 months I spent on it, to say the editing and execution of the HUD itself is bad is delusional.

I also think the gameplay is original because I chose so many of the clips because they have a back story to them. One example is the overkill on Narrows, which I got when I had Stoned Bunny, a member of the MLG forums who goes to the same university as me, round for a meet and greet. People seem to assume that I used my own clips because I'm stupid and thought that they were really good, but I used them because they went with the theme and idea behind the montage.

tl;dr - I realise now I should have done a Terminator style HUD instead, sorry about that.

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
FraGTaLiTy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limbo
Posts: 7,716
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
#314
07-29-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
=Even people like Fragtality , who claimed to like it in the announcement thread, are now seemingly indifferent to it.
You're forgetting that I was one of the judges who voted to nominate your video in the first place for Most Original. It's all about relativity, I stand by what I said in the announced thread when I said it is one of the most original videos in the competition (hence why I voted to nominate it), but that doesn't mean I think it is the absolute most fitting for the Most Original Award. I'd put LBYL 3 first, and then yours or Black Box 2nd/3rd.
Standards
Level 47
Standards's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Odessa, TX
Posts: 6,757
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
#315
07-29-2010
Default

That is why I don't like you. Not many people have "ripped" on your montage, yet you act like everyone is out to get you. You also act like just because you spent around a year on it, you deserve everything possible, and that makes the montage instantly original. no one said the custom HUD was bad because it wasn't terminator bullsh.t, it was bad because the colors didnt go together at ALL.

You say people point stupid things and "rip" on your video, but you point out stupid things trying to make it look better, you are a hypocrite. And about your point about the gameplay being original, I want to punch you. You are crying for attention now. How are we supposed to know you were playing with a good friend or something? And how does that make your clips better than others? You're telling me, if I'm playing with good friends or something random completely irrelevant to the clip itself is going on, It's an original clip? I'll look into that..

Last edited by Standards; 07-29-2010 at 04:03 PM.
thestrangestick
Level 14
thestrangestick's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK2USAbreh
Posts: 213
Subtract from thestrangestick's ReputationAdd to thestrangestick's Reputation thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom thestrangestick wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
#316
07-29-2010
Default

When does this competition end anyway? If it's another 24 hours, it's going to be a suspensefully slow affair, seeming as how there now seems to be one vote every ~3 hours.

EDIT: @ Standards: You're a master at making your angry opinions sound like facts. Plenty of people liked the colours, plenty also did not. There's no definitive opinion on that subject though.

By the way, you are what is wrong with the internet. You're an angry, overly opinionated tool, and you fill every thread on this site with your vile, misplaced anger. Stop cowering behind your screen and mindlessly threatening to punch people that live on the other side of the world and grow up.


Last edited by thestrangestick; 07-29-2010 at 04:08 PM.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
FraGTaLiTy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limbo
Posts: 7,716
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
#317
07-29-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
When does this competition end anyway? If it's another 24 hours, it's going to be a suspensefully slow affair, seeming as how there now seems to be one vote every ~3 hours.
It's in the OP.
ReziLienT
Level 28
ReziLienT's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killadelphia
Posts: 1,428
Subtract from ReziLienT's ReputationAdd to ReziLienT's Reputation ReziLienT is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ReziLienT
Stagga
Level 48
Stagga's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,594
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
#319
07-29-2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
killerxjake
Level 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 96
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
#320
07-29-2010
Default

at this rate i feel like there is someone out there who was hired to keep these videos tied or within one for the rest of the competition. this is crazy. as for strangestick, idk why you feel the urge to defend your video. Would it make you feel better if i said our clan put around 16 months of work into our video? if i said that every bit of our content was intended to be original and creative? No. Because no one cares about that stuff WYSIWYG and how you interpret it, determines your vote. just let people make their opinions.
Looking for anyone to play some H2 on XBC with.
~ killerxjake
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off