Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Which video is the most original?
"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick 74 32.17%
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 13 5.65%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 33 14.35%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 12 5.22%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 77 33.48%
"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat 11 4.78%
"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark 10 4.35%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-26-2010
Default 'Most Original Entry' Award | Look Before You Leap 3 WINS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Congratulations to 'Look Before You Leap 3' for winning the Most Original Entry award in the Halo3Forum Halo 3 Movie Competition 2.
Welcome to the official "Most Original Entry" voting grounds. You can only vote for 1 video. Each vote towards a video counts as "1 point" for it. The nominated video entry with the most points at the end of the voting period wins this award. The voting period ends on July 30th at 2:19 AM, Eastern time. For those of whom get confused easily, that means 2 hours and 20 minutes after 11:59 pm, July 29th. Please watch ALL Most Original Entry Award nominees again before voting. They've spent months creating these videos, and they deserve a few minutes out of your day before you finalize your choices.

Most Original Entry Award

Originality is the backbone of development. It is to attempt something new, to take an idea or inspiration, and mold it in a way that defines your inner expression and celebrates individuality. Another important component to originality is effectively masking your various inspirations. As Albert Einstein once said, "the secret to originality is knowing how to hide your sources".

The thing about originality and creativity is that there is no garentee in positive reception as there is when regurgitating popular concepts from the past. However, without any bold risk-takers willing to try something new, there is little forward progress and inevitable boredom.

Today we are here to celebrate the boldest risk-takers in the competition who pushed the envelope the furthest for creativity in video making. Our judges have hand-picked the 7 most original video entries in the competition, and it is up to you to determine which video entry is the newest, the freshest, and the most innovative.

Eligibility

You must have a minimum of 50 posts to be eligible to vote during this competition. Multiple accounts on the same IP will results in all accounts banned under said IP without question. Off topic thread spamming will also result in the same consequence. I don't mind frequent on-topic posts, but when you begin spamming, you've crossed the line. If anyone sees anyone spamming frequently with off-topic posts in threads, please report the post(s).

Most Original Award Nominees

-"The Animatage" - Edited by thestrangestick
-BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage"
-"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3
-"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson
-"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay
-"Question Reality" - Edited by Hazmat
-"Veni Vidi Vici" - Edited by Atiemark

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 08-03-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
07-26-2010

Loved the animatage and i loved LBYL3. But Black Box is probably my favorite in this competition. It is probably one of the most original videos i have ever seen in my life. The camera angels he used and the way he defined Black Box at the beginning of the video just blew my mind. The intro was also just so original. I hope it does well on this. And i think it should.
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
Papa
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Papa's ReputationAdd to Papa's Reputation Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000 Papa IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Papa Send a message via Skype™ to Papa
07-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaZ_iN_LoVe View Post
Is it too late to change my vote to this tage?

edit: You guys have to watch at least the 1st 25 seconds of this tage.^^

Last edited by Papa; 07-30-2010 at 03:44 PM.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
07-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaZ_iN_LoVe View Post
Sorry, this isn't the personals section of the forum.
Standards
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is legendary Standards is legendary Standards is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-26-2010

LBYL3 has got this by a long-shot.
xOVERKiLLx117x
(・(ェ)・)
Subtract from xOVERKiLLx117x's ReputationAdd to xOVERKiLLx117x's Reputation xOVERKiLLx117x is a novice
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
You seem to be forgetting that the best-montage-ever aka frendurrdurr arrdurr is a nomination.
killerxjake
Level 11
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post

we're hoping for this one more than any category.
good luck to everyone
Looking for anyone to play some H2 on XBC with.
~ killerxjake
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerxjake View Post

we're hoping for this one more than any category.
good luck to everyone
It was between you guys and Black Box man. I loved the montage, but Black Box is my favorite and i dont love jump tages, but you guys deff made me look differently. Hope you guys do great in the comp!
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
iSkRiLLZ
Level 14
Subtract from iSkRiLLZ's ReputationAdd to iSkRiLLZ's Reputation iSkRiLLZ is a novice
07-26-2010

Well The Animatage got my vote! IMO, its by far the Most Original. Never has something like that been done. Its not just editing or GP. That concept is truly original! Great job to thestrangestick! Good luck to all nominees!