Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAN73D View Post
See, I'd argue she's one of the most realistic characters in the film, in terms of human behavior. Since when are people rational? Since when do they see what's right in front of them?
If she's an accurate depiction of who some people are, then I do not want to meet or associate with these people, ever.
I'm pretty sure behavior like Jenny's kickstarted the phrase "If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best". Name one redeemable trait Jenny possessed. What redeemable traits did any character in that movie have, besides Forrest, whose simplistic and one-track approach to everything automatically fell into the category of being morally "correct"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
I mean, she came from a home with an abusive father, so you can expect some irrational decisions when it comes to the men in her life.
Yes, it makes sense that her judgement could be affected by that sort of abuse, and trust is not something she would be able to reciprocate right away. But in the movie, she made zero good decisions, until placed in checkmate by HIV/AIDS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet

Last edited by Stagga; 07-19-2013 at 10:06 PM.
WAN73D
Level 24
Subtract from WAN73D's ReputationAdd to WAN73D's Reputation WAN73D wears a live rattlesnake as a condom WAN73D wears a live rattlesnake as a condom WAN73D wears a live rattlesnake as a condom WAN73D wears a live rattlesnake as a condom WAN73D wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to WAN73D
07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagga View Post
I'm pretty sure behavior like Jenny's kickstarted the phrase "If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best".
I think that's actually one of Marilyn Monroe's many shitty quotes.

Quote:
Name one redeemable trait Jenny possessed. What redeemable traits did any character in that movie have, besides Forrest, whose simplistic and one-track approach to everything automatically fell into the category of being morally "correct"?
You're basically stating the point the film is trying to make about life, or one of them at least.

tfw you realize characters don't have to be likable in order to be realistic, empathetic, or meaningful.
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
07-19-2013

And that doesn't seem realistic to you? People become un-fucking idiots the moment life decides to shake the living crap out of the hourglass. It's expected.

Last edited by Shunt; 07-20-2013 at 12:28 AM.
|| TM22 ||
THF VIP Member
Subtract from || TM22 ||'s ReputationAdd to || TM22 ||'s Reputation || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000
07-20-2013

Stagga, if you're that impacted by her character then they did their job.
Stagga
Level 48
Subtract from Stagga's ReputationAdd to Stagga's Reputation Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000 Stagga IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Stagga
07-21-2013

Okay, I guess you guys got me on Jenny. I still don't like Forrest Gump as a whole. People praise it for its approach to history, but when I watched the scenes where Forrest met someone significant, it just felt like a novelty to me - I was aware they were green screening Hanks in and making him do ridiculous or antithetical things to what the scene was about. Some may find it funny, I found it cheap.

/offtopic

Waking Life is like the equivalent of listening to and feeling the impact of a GY!BE record for the first time. One of my favorite films, ever. One of my favorite soundtracks, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
stagga stood with his palms in a sweat
wetter than eminems, i would bet
but his voice in a mic
was something to like
he'll be drowned in a pussy quartet
Peng
Well you are a festizio.
Subtract from Peng's ReputationAdd to Peng's Reputation Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield Peng finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Peng Send a message via MSN to Peng
07-22-2013

Not a movie and not the best quality, but this fucking episode gets me dude.
Sparkasm
Level 69
Subtract from Sparkasm's ReputationAdd to Sparkasm's Reputation Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin' Sparkasm is osageballin'
07-22-2013

Schindler's List. Not only is it my favourite film but unlike a lot of this shit in here, the story is completely legit.

In b4 big man Shunt says it didn't make him cry. Nigga, crying isn't a sign of weakness, in fact not crying in some situations makes you emotionally retarded.
dano
come to the dark side
Subtract from dano's ReputationAdd to dano's Reputation dano finally popped his Bubble Shield dano finally popped his Bubble Shield dano finally popped his Bubble Shield dano finally popped his Bubble Shield
07-22-2013

^ saw that movie when i was like 5. one of the most moving films i've ever seen in my life.

here's a few movies that get me:
turtles can fly
the boy in the striped pajamas
rainman
the end of toy story 3
armageddon
up

and finally..

^ i honestly just cried while i posted this clip. this clip fukkin softs me up
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
07-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkasm View Post
Schindler's List. Not only is it my favourite film but unlike a lot of this shit in here, the story is completely legit.

In b4 big man Shunt says it didn't make him cry. Nigga, crying isn't a sign of weakness, in fact not crying in some situations makes you emotionally retarded.
.....why the heck are you bringing me up? I love that movie.