Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
gotzeus
Level 45
Subtract from gotzeus's ReputationAdd to gotzeus's Reputation gotzeus IS OVER 9000 gotzeus IS OVER 9000 gotzeus IS OVER 9000 gotzeus IS OVER 9000 gotzeus IS OVER 9000 gotzeus IS OVER 9000 gotzeus IS OVER 9000 gotzeus IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to gotzeus
12-03-2011

ancient aliens....fuck yeah

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/
belayet12
Level 31
Subtract from belayet12's ReputationAdd to belayet12's Reputation belayet12 is a novice
12-03-2011

is it tied to the alien franchise or not? this thread has been teetering on the fence about that
idk what my username means.

to hell with tech
The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by belayet12 View Post
is it tied to the alien franchise or not? this thread has been teetering on the fence about that
Yes, it is. This movie centers around the "space jockeys" that were introduced in Alien. The whole alien presence came about after humans found a crashed alien ship on LV-246 in Alien. There has been theories since the first film that these space jockey's bio-engineered the aliens as a weapon, Ridley seems to be expanding on that theory.

We actually caught a glimpse of one of the jockeys when the humans were exploring the ship.

It also had a hole in it, most likely from a chestburster. I'm wondering if they will address this in Prometheus, seeing how the last 8-minutes or so are rumored to focus on the derelict ship and how it ended up crashing on LV-426

Last edited by The Big Lahey; 12-03-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Darko
I was wrong.
Subtract from Darko's ReputationAdd to Darko's Reputation Darko is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Darko Send a message via MSN to Darko
12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicktistiK View Post
Yes, it is. This movie centers around the "space jockeys" that were introduced in Alien. The whole alien presence came about after humans found a crashed alien ship on LV-246 in Alien. There has been theories since the first film that these space jockey's bio-engineered the aliens as a weapon, Ridley seems to be expanding on that theory.

It also had a hole in it, most likely from a chestburster. I'm wondering if they will address this in Prometheus, seeing how the last 8-minutes or so are rumored to focus on the derelict ship and how it ended up crashing on LV-426
THIS. Is why I cant wait. Along with the writer and director.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyer View Post
Why did black people never create civilization and enslave whites?

Why did blacks never go any farther than mud huts, and whites created 3 masted battle ships and giant civilizations with government.
The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko View Post
THIS. Is why I cant wait. Along with the writer and director.
Slowly starting to appreciate writers in general because of your love of Lindelof. I haven't strayed far from Fincher though, I'd have to say Andrew Kevin Walker interests me the most at the moment, before I even knew of him, I was always thinking 8mm was the Fincher film that never was.
Darko
I was wrong.
Subtract from Darko's ReputationAdd to Darko's Reputation Darko is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Darko Send a message via MSN to Darko
12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicktistiK View Post
Slowly starting to appreciate writers in general because of your love of Lindelof. I haven't strayed far from Fincher though, I'd have to say Andrew Kevin Walker interests me the most at the moment, before I even knew of him, I was always thinking 8mm was the Fincher film that never was.
And sadly Lindelof is one of few people who write because of the love for films, not for cash.

I am starting to enjoy television shows more than I do movies now. Specifically because of how much time you have to tell a story with television; and in the small bits called episodes.

Some shows rival Hollywood classics and blockbusters in my opinion.

One of Finchers films is a great example of how a good director can make a bad movie. Alien 3, was far too much out of his control and therefore was not really a 'Fincher' film. So with that in mind I always like to give other directors and writers a second or even third chance. Here's looking at you James McTeigue and Francis Lawrence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyer View Post
Why did black people never create civilization and enslave whites?

Why did blacks never go any farther than mud huts, and whites created 3 masted battle ships and giant civilizations with government.

Last edited by Darko; 12-09-2011 at 12:29 AM.
The Big Lahey
Couple
12-10-2011

Quote:
And sadly Lindelof is one of few people who write because of the love for films, not for cash.

I am starting to enjoy television shows more than I do movies now. Specifically because of how much time you have to tell a story with television; and in the small bits called episodes.

Some shows rival Hollywood classics and blockbusters in my opinion.
Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad, etc.

Quote:
One of Finchers films is a great example of how a good director can make a bad movie. Alien 3, was far too much out of his control and therefore was not really a 'Fincher' film. So with that in mind I always like to give other directors and writers a second or even third chance. Here's looking at you James McTeigue and Francis Lawrence
I might have to upload this myself, the only version of it is a short and shitty cam, but at least it has what I'm looking for. Right around 45 seconds. Still cracks me up lol. I can't believe how short-handed Fox was with that movie, especially given that it was a follow-up of arguably the best sci-fi movie of all time. It was a mess, and the budget simply does not compute with me. Alien 3's budget was around $50 million, compare that to Aliens' $18 million budget. It's genuinely amazing that despite all of this, it turned out to be an alright movie. Fincher and Weaver certainly nailed the despondency of Ripley. Pretty sure Fincher was not about to go back to Fox after that, but with his success with Se7en, they came back pleading. Thank god HE gave THEM a second chance, or else Fight Club would of been a very different movie, if a movie at all...

Last edited by The Big Lahey; 12-10-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Pyro
Internet Vigilante
Subtract from Pyro's ReputationAdd to Pyro's Reputation Pyro is on the rise to fame Pyro is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Pyro
12-14-2011

"I am tired of Earth. These people. I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."
The Big Lahey
Couple
12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
The Big Lahey
Couple
12-18-2011

Pretty awesome interview with Ridley. I wonder what people were seeing on some of the sets, because apparently there are no xenomorphs in this movie.

http://filmophilia.com/2011/12/17/in...riginal-alien/