Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
09-23-2011

Updated with a second synopsis that popped up on the official Prometheus Facebook page.
belayet12
Level 31
Subtract from belayet12's ReputationAdd to belayet12's Reputation belayet12 is a novice
09-23-2011

next summer is gonna end up being one of the top grossing quarters of all time for film
idk what my username means.

to hell with tech
The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
10-01-2011

'Prometheus' Scribe Damon Lindelof Talks Robots, Slimy Corporations & Ridley Scott Collab

Quote:
The official "Prometheus" synopsis has been unleashed, and as cool as it is — A discovery about the origins of humanity! An intergalactic voyage! An extraterrestrial battle with genocide-level implications! — the description still leaves much about Ridley Scott's "Alien"-DNA project unknown.

All in good time. Back at San Diego Comic-Con, though, "Prometheus" writer/producer Damon Lindelof kicked us a ton of info about his collaboration with Scott, the nature of the roles Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron play in the film, and who might actually turn out to be the hero-heir to Sigourney Weaver's Ripley. With the "Prometheus" synopsis on the web, we figured now is the right time to roll out our interview. Read on for insight into the 2012 flick, in Lindelof's own words.

Collaborating with Ridley
"Having done 'Lost' for six years, I felt this tremendous responsibility because I'm one of the visionaries behind the show, so there's no safety net below you. When I got the call [from Ridley] I had this tremendous amount of relief and comfort that Ridley Scott is going to be the safety net. What ensued was a series of conversations where I was kind of interviewing Ridley to get a sense of the movie he wanted to make. Once I got a sense of that, then it was really about channeling that idea so that I was realizing his vision, as opposed to imposing my vision on it. That was my perspective. His perspective was more kind and generous in terms of ideas that I brought to the movie. But really everything I was coming up with was just a different spin on what he was saying to me."

Fassbender's Role
"He plays a robot. One of the things that evokes the idea of 'Blade Runner' is, 'What does the movie look like from the robot's point of view?' If you were to ask him, 'What do you think about all of this? What's going on? What do you think about these humans who are around you?,' wouldn't it be cool if we found a way for that robot to answer those questions. When you cast a guy like Fassbender, who's going to bring a lot more to it than [makes clichéd robot movements] — that was me doing the robot, I don't know if you could tell — it's not Anthony Daniels. All due respect. He's phenomenal. But C-P3O…"

Theron's Role
"Her character's name is Meredith Vickers and she's sort of a corporate entity. That's another one of the familiar things from the 'Alien' movies — that there are corporate interests in play. I feel like Charlize brought a new spin on that old variation. It's a remix …. I don't think she's slimy [like Paul Reiser's character in 'Aliens']. She's not the fast-talking, snake-oil face of the company. By the way, "What company is she a face of?," I think is a big part of the fun. As we were developing the script, she had some really cool ideas that made it not the suit you're used to."

The Ensemble
"I think one of the really cool things about the first 'Alien,' if you watch it cold, Ripley is kind in the background like one of the crew members, and you're like, 'Skerrit's [who played Captain Dallas] the hero of the movie,' and he's one of the first to go. And then you're like, 'It's [the engineer played by] Harry Dean Stanton.' And, no, he's gone… and suddenly Sigourney Weaver, in the last 40 minutes of the movie, is the only one left alive. I think the idea of building a really cool ensemble and again presenting the audience with like, 'Who's going to be left standing at the end of this movie? Maybe all of them. Probably not,' [that's] part of the fun of what we set out to do."
iKaRiZzMa
anal
Subtract from iKaRiZzMa's ReputationAdd to iKaRiZzMa's Reputation iKaRiZzMa finally popped his Bubble Shield iKaRiZzMa finally popped his Bubble Shield iKaRiZzMa finally popped his Bubble Shield iKaRiZzMa finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to iKaRiZzMa
10-01-2011

Movie sounds really interesting.

slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
10-01-2011

thanks for the updates sicktistik (holy shit I spelled it right)

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
The Big Lahey
Couple
10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post
thanks for the updates sicktistik (holy shit I spelled it right)
That's a first.

I am really looking forward to see Fassbender channel some bishop. I will be looking for an inconspicuous knife somewhere in a shot with him. They gotta.

Darko
I was wrong.
Subtract from Darko's ReputationAdd to Darko's Reputation Darko is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Darko Send a message via MSN to Darko
10-02-2011

Just going to say the only thing that needs to be said.

Prometheus is written by Damon Lindelof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyer View Post
Why did black people never create civilization and enslave whites?

Why did blacks never go any farther than mud huts, and whites created 3 masted battle ships and giant civilizations with government.
The Big Lahey
Couple
11-08-2011

Ridley Scott Spills the Secrets of ‘Prometheus’

Quote:
Now that we know film director Ridley Scott plans to helm a “Blade Runner” sequel, let’s turn our attention to his just-completed film, “Prometheus,” which marks his return to science fiction after nearly three decades. (He’s also an executive producer on a new television series, “Prophets of Science Fiction,” on the Science Channel.)

The highly anticipated “Prometheus,” filmed in 3-D and starring Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron, is scheduled to be released by News Corp.’s 20th Century Fox in June 2012. Scott and the cast members have been pretty tight-lipped about the high-profile project, but in an interview with Speakeasy, Scott shared some new details about “Prometheus”:

– The central metaphor of “Prometheus” is about a “higher being” (Scott’s words) who challenges the gods, and the gods don’t want to give him fire. “Fire is our first form of technology,” Scott says, and so by taking fire, the higher being is punished “in perpetuity in a horrible fashion.” Much like the story of the mythological god, Prometheus, who stole fire from Zeus and for his actions was bound to a rock with an eagle eternally devouring his liver. (Let’s hope things turn out differently for our higher being…)

– Scott is especially excited about the story of “Prometheus” — you can hear the enthusiasm in his voice when he discusses the film. The screenplay was written by Damon Lindelof and Jon Spaihts. “I think the reason why I haven’t attempted science fiction in a number of years is because I haven’t really come across a script that I really liked,” Scott says. “This developed and came out extremely well.

– The last eight minutes of the “Prometheus” story evolve into “a pretty good DNA of the ‘Alien’ one.”

– We confirmed with 20th Century Fox that Sigourney Weaver, star of the first four “Alien” films, doesn’t make a cameo in “Prometheus.” Too bad, Ripley fans.

– Regarding the use of 3-D and CGI, Scott says he has “completely taken off into this cyberworld” and called working on”Prometheus” “the best time I’ve had in a number of years making a movie.”

– Although Scott embraced “all the tricks, the toys” of computer-generated imagery and 3-D, he says, “I’m a great believer in filming the real thing if you can and so I did a lot of building the real thing.” He used the “007″ stage (more commonly known as the “Bond” stage) at Pinewood Studios in the U.K., one of the biggest stages in Europe at about 59,000 square feet. He used other stages at Pinewood too.
Gah, just come out already. I'm already betting that the derelict ship from Alien is going to have a presence in this movie. Again, they gotta.

Last edited by The Big Lahey; 11-08-2011 at 04:59 AM.
|| TM22 ||
THF VIP Member
Subtract from || TM22 ||'s ReputationAdd to || TM22 ||'s Reputation || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000 || TM22 || IS OVER 9000
11-08-2011

Holy shit this looks epic as fuck. I could'nt help but think 2001 from that photo. I can't wait to see a trailer. aklhbaoie;hbor
The Big Lahey
Couple
11-23-2011

Derp.