Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
Maple.
poooooooooo
Subtract from Maple.'s ReputationAdd to Maple.'s Reputation Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-10-2011

Pan's Labyrinth

Received so much praise and won the academy award for best foreign film (I think) but then I watched it and was completely underwhelmed. Acting was extremely mediocre at points very bad. The concept itself was interesting but it did not include enough of the fantasy elements to set it apart from most "rebellion under terrible odds" films. Yes I know that wasn't the basis of the film but a large portion of the story is told through it.
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyDahmersBedsheets View Post
I think some people don't understand "Overrated." Films that got mass praise from the public and critics alike but in your opinion - didn't deserve it.

Might have to agree with the OP on Lost In Translation. Some stupid b..ch I worked with when I started a job in a video shop asked me did I like Lost In Translation as a make or break question. I thought it was alright nothing special. I must rewatch it as I haven't seen it since it came out.

True Grit was good. Sorry.

Little Miss Sunshine was great. Then again I seen those films without knowing anything about them. I try avoid hype where I can, hence me not seeing Lord Of The Rings yet.

The Deer Hunter is totally overrated for me. It comes up in best films of all time lists all the time. I wrote another huge post on that on another forum so I'm not willing to go in to huge detail here.
Pft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple. View Post
Pan's Labyrinth

Received so much praise and won the academy award for best foreign film (I think) but then I watched it and was completely underwhelmed. Acting was extremely mediocre at points very bad. The concept itself was interesting but it did not include enough of the fantasy elements to set it apart from most "rebellion under terrible odds" films. Yes I know that wasn't the basis of the film but a large portion of the story is told through it.
Sounds like you got trolled by satire and didn't get it.
Scott
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Scott's ReputationAdd to Scott's Reputation Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to Scott
07-10-2011

Quote:
I think some people don't understand "Overrated." Films that got mass praise from the public and critics alike but in your opinion - didn't deserve it.
Quote:
Might have to agree with the OP on Lost In Translation.
not sure if serious
-Clint-
Level 10
Subtract from -Clint-'s ReputationAdd to -Clint-'s Reputation -Clint- is a novice
07-10-2011

/thread

Maple.
poooooooooo
Subtract from Maple.'s ReputationAdd to Maple.'s Reputation Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDevy View Post
Pft.

Sounds like you got trolled by satire and didn't get it.
I understood it fully. It wasn't very good.
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
07-10-2011

Quote:
Lol.
Maple.
poooooooooo
07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDevy View Post
Lol.
Face it bro.
Being White
Level 39
Subtract from Being White's ReputationAdd to Being White's Reputation Being White is a novice
07-17-2011

Upon finally watching it, Full Metal Jacket.
...Is clearly better.

SeaHan
Wu-Tang Banga
Subtract from SeaHan's ReputationAdd to SeaHan's Reputation SeaHan is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SeaHan Send a message via Skype™ to SeaHan
07-17-2011

Quote:
2deep4u
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being White View Post
Upon finally watching it, Full Metal Jacket.
God I need to watch that movie.

"im pretty sure when i said, was because its the same word. not a different word. then the meaning's of the word... but okay"