Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
Subtract from ExuS's ReputationAdd to ExuS's Reputation ExuS is on the rise to fame ExuS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ExuS
07-17-2011

Can somebody tell me how they explained how Harry survived Voldemort's curse in the forest? In the book, it all made sense in the following chapter but in the movie..?

I want to know how someone who hasn't read the books understands it, because I was unconsciously filling the gaps myself.

FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExuS View Post
Can somebody tell me how they explained how Harry survived Voldemort's curse in the forest? In the book, it all made sense in the following chapter but in the movie..?

I want to know how someone who hasn't read the books understands it, because I was unconsciously filling the gaps myself.
Didn't they explain it during the King's Crossing scene in the movie? I remember them doing it.
ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
Subtract from ExuS's ReputationAdd to ExuS's Reputation ExuS is on the rise to fame ExuS is on the rise to fame
07-17-2011

I recall they never included the part about Harry's and Lily's sacrifice(s) into the conversation and nothing about Voldemort using Harry's blood from the 4th film/book. Which was the key to his survival wasn't it? He was protected or some sh.t.

My friends didn't really understand it, and they have only seen the movies so that's why I'm asking.

crucifix
wsup den
Subtract from crucifix's ReputationAdd to crucifix's Reputation crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000 crucifix IS OVER 9000
07-17-2011

Saw it yesterday. Great movie. Great fights. Surprisingly awesome acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Didn't they explain it during the King's Crossing scene in the movie? I remember them doing it.
Didn't he have the ressurection stone from the snitch? But i do remember seeing him drop it for some reason.
reow
Spoiler!
ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
07-17-2011

He used the resurrection stone as an motivation to confront his fear of dying and they also served the purpose of keeping the demontors away that was patrolling in the forest, since he didn't have the strength to bring a patronus out himself (they weren't there in the movie).

Read the book twice when it came out, first on English, then on Swedish months later. My memory serves me well, no?

Brightside
because the internet
Subtract from Brightside's ReputationAdd to Brightside's Reputation Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000
07-17-2011

Quote:
I recall they never included the part about Harry's and Lily's sacrifice(s) into the conversation and nothing about Voldemort using Harry's blood from the 4th film/book. Which was the key to his survival wasn't it? He was protected or some sh.t.

My friends didn't really understand it, and they have only seen the movies so that's why I'm asking.
My mom texted me and asked me the same thing last night. She's only seen the movies and was curious how Harry survived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix View Post
Didn't he have the ressurection stone from the snitch? But i do remember seeing him drop it for some reason.
He dropped it in the book, too
Muddawg
nah, i was like, yeah.
Subtract from Muddawg's ReputationAdd to Muddawg's Reputation Muddawg is a novice
07-17-2011

Quote:

The main idea was that the part of voldemorts soul latched onto harry, thus making him the 7th horcrux. So harry didnt die, but the horcrux (represented as the red voldemort-esque creature in kings cross) was destroyed.

Twitter - @Tva_Muddawg

I play lax, yo.
ExuS
【=◈︿◈=】
07-17-2011

Makes sense I guess for the average movie-fan. Not a satisfying solution though, the King's Cross chapter offered so much more depth than that.

I guess it's all about which part of the audience you want to please. I think they made the right choice in the end.

Last edited by ExuS; 07-17-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Frezz
Level 40
Subtract from Frezz's ReputationAdd to Frezz's Reputation Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000
07-17-2011

I want to see this but i still havent seen part 1
Garen
Dunkmaster
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddawg View Post
The main idea was that the part of voldemorts soul latched onto harry, thus making him the 7th horcrux. So harry didnt die, but the horcrux (represented as the red voldemort-esque creature in kings cross) was destroyed.
I thought that was more a representation of Voldemort himself, especially when Dumbledore just kept saying how there's nothing you can do to help it. To me it represented Voldemort's soul, one that is extremely weak and alone due to not having love in his life.