Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
ThaggleS
The one and only!
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ThaggleS Send a message via Skype™ to ThaggleS
07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wananay View Post
Gomakeathreadaboutwatchingbeerpong.
Getnewmaterialthatisrelevant.
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
07-16-2011

Damnit, just now seeing this thread. I posted this in general movie discussion thread:

They expanded on Snapes story so much in the book I would've been so pissed if Snape just murmured a few words before dying or something. I have a lot of mixed feeling on the movie. Overall I liked it but some things that bugged me was Voldemort's anticlimactic death of him just evaporating into the air, the book was much better and much different. I also thought it was weird how the entire movie was pretty much just one big fight stretched throughout two hours. In the book the secret tunnel and Dumbeldore's brother and a few of the forest scenes lasted much longer while in the movie they were just a few minutes at most.

Sort of ranting, still liked the movie a lot and will be buying the entire bluray boxset first thing when it comes out. Just some things that personally I would've liked to have seen different.
Garen
Dunkmaster
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wananay View Post
It just seemed to me that every scene was drug out so long and was just ruined. They could of easily combined the two movies and it would of been 10x better, they just wanted more money. The only part i enjoyed of the movie was when they went into snapes memory. You are on crack if you think the actor who played Harry was good, he is honestly the worst actor in the movie. I didn't even go into the movie with a high expectation and I just hated it. Everyone around me had the same exact feeling as I did, idk I was just disappointed. All of the movies sucked and so did this one. One thing that extremely pisses me off is that people get so hyped over movies like these and the actual good ones get way less attention, oh well thats America for you. To sum it up it never kept my interest, I felt no emotion(except snapes memory), the action scenes were sh.t, harry can't act, many scenes were drug out, climax was awfully done compared to the emotion of the books.

bringontheflame
Drawn out lol not drug. But anyways the reason I enjoyed this one more so than the others is because the great thing about the Harry Potter books is the incredible detail JK Rowling goes into to describe every scene. I think the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th part one both absolutely failed in that category. Watching the movie I didn't feel the same emotions I did when I was reading the book. Part two however I felt was largely different, while straying from the book in some categories I thought they did a fantastic job of creating a good film as well as sticking close to the heart of the book. Just my $.02.
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-16-2011

Wow.

Hoping Alan Rickman gets a supporting actor nomination. He was phenomenal.
Garen
Dunkmaster
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
07-16-2011

I feel he wasn't that major of a role to earn that, I know its supporting actor, but this film seemed to have like, almost no other major leads besides Harry and like Grindlewald. Emma Watson hardly said two words the entire time.
briansoupy
Level 31
Subtract from briansoupy's ReputationAdd to briansoupy's Reputation briansoupy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to briansoupy Send a message via Skype™ to briansoupy
07-16-2011

Why do people care about Rotten Tomatoes?
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
Quote:
to say god, is to sing god
to sing to god, is to draw near to god
to the nearness that is god
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
07-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
Wow.

Hoping Alan Rickman gets a supporting actor nomination. He was phenomenal.
As much as I love Rickman, I didn't think he was anything special in this film. And that disappoints me because what I was really looking forward to was Snape's part in the movie. Unfortunately, Rickman was.....mediocre :/
Garen
Dunkmaster
07-16-2011

Or as he would have said it,

"Rick.......man.........wa.......s........med..... ..io.........creeeeeeeee."
zer0mystery
Catfish Billy
Subtract from zer0mystery's ReputationAdd to zer0mystery's Reputation zer0mystery is a novice
07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansoupy View Post
It was pretty good. Part One was really more my type of movie though.

wut

And hahaha this Armond White guy is ridiculous. From wikipedia:
Maybe it's because I saw it in non-3D, but the camera work and the angles and all that felt distorted and just the perception of everything seemed off... But I did also sit in basically the front row, so that could have messed with things as well.
Andrew
I am the liquor
Subtract from Andrew's ReputationAdd to Andrew's Reputation Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000 Andrew IS OVER 9000
07-17-2011

Going in an hour to see this =]