Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
Tophs
Level 49
Subtract from Tophs's ReputationAdd to Tophs's Reputation Tophs taps Cortana Tophs taps Cortana Tophs taps Cortana Tophs taps Cortana Tophs taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Tophs
07-15-2011

I never read the books so can somebody tell me if it was relatively accurate?

ThaggleS
The one and only!
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ThaggleS Send a message via Skype™ to ThaggleS
07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
if this is the biggest let down of the year for you, you've had a pretty good year so far.
He's waiting for Twilight.
Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaggleS View Post
He's waiting for Twilight.
Gomakeathreadaboutwatchingbeerpong.

I was talking about movie wise rhis
Brightside
because the internet
Subtract from Brightside's ReputationAdd to Brightside's Reputation Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000 Brightside IS OVER 9000
07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophs View Post
I never read the books so can somebody tell me if it was relatively accurate?
Fairly accurate
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atiemark View Post
they did a pretty good job converting it
Honestly didn't think that was possible after seeing Clash of the Titans, but if you say it's good, I'll give it a shot.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
Garen
Dunkmaster
Subtract from Garen's ReputationAdd to Garen's Reputation Garen posts before he thinks
07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wananay View Post
Gomakeathreadaboutwatchingbeerpong.

I was talking about movie wise rhis
Why? I thought it was actually very good, the dialogue wasn't painful like in the past, the CG was miles ahead of any of the other films, and I really thought Daniel Radcliff did a great job as Harry. Great way to round out the series I thought.
briansoupy
Level 31
Subtract from briansoupy's ReputationAdd to briansoupy's Reputation briansoupy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to briansoupy Send a message via Skype™ to briansoupy
07-15-2011

It was pretty good. Part One was really more my type of movie though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0mystery View Post
Seent it... Wasn't too impressed. It felt like a trip on shrooms the entire time.
wut

And hahaha this Armond White guy is ridiculous. From wikipedia:
Quote:
White, who has asserted in an interview that "most films are dismissable",[16] has been described as the "most contrarian"[17][18] of film critics for allegedly "position[ing] himself in diametric opposition to virtually every film critic on earth".[19]
Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
Quote:
to say god, is to sing god
to sing to god, is to draw near to god
to the nearness that is god

Last edited by briansoupy; 07-15-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Victory View Post
Why? I thought it was actually very good, the dialogue wasn't painful like in the past, the CG was miles ahead of any of the other films, and I really thought Daniel Radcliff did a great job as Harry. Great way to round out the series I thought.
It just seemed to me that every scene was drug out so long and was just ruined. They could of easily combined the two movies and it would of been 10x better, they just wanted more money. The only part i enjoyed of the movie was when they went into snapes memory. You are on crack if you think the actor who played Harry was good, he is honestly the worst actor in the movie. I didn't even go into the movie with a high expectation and I just hated it. Everyone around me had the same exact feeling as I did, idk I was just disappointed. All of the movies sucked and so did this one. One thing that extremely pisses me off is that people get so hyped over movies like these and the actual good ones get way less attention, oh well thats America for you. To sum it up it never kept my interest, I felt no emotion(except snapes memory), the action scenes were shit, harry can't act, many scenes were drug out, climax was awfully done compared to the emotion of the books.

bringontheflame
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
07-15-2011

I think it was the best adapted book to a movie in terms of accuracy. That being said, this movie covered only like 6 chapters of the book.

Anyways:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Fast-paced, action-packed, and true enough to the book, the finale of this long-going series is an exciting and emotional cherry on the top of what has to be the greatest true movie series of our generation, and maybe of all time.
Full review

"im pretty sure when i said, was because its the same word. not a different word. then the meaning's of the word... but okay"
Conspiracy
balls so low
Subtract from Conspiracy's ReputationAdd to Conspiracy's Reputation Conspiracy is a novice
07-15-2011

Spoiler!