Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
TwoElitesOneCup
Level 10
Subtract from TwoElitesOneCup's ReputationAdd to TwoElitesOneCup's Reputation TwoElitesOneCup is a novice
01-07-2015
Default Need help with TS on Lockout/Ascension

Or Zenith, whatever it's called in H2A...anyways, I find myself doing noticeably worse on these maps compared to maps like Shrine or Warlord. It's weird because I used to love these maps back in the H2 days, but I've grown to really dislike these two maps since starting playing again with MCC.

On both maps it just seems like it always ends up being a stalemate. A team will get sniper and post up at big tower/snipe, and I feel forced to try forcing the issue. Unfortunately I've mainly been playing solo, so coordinating a move with teammates in matchmaking isn't really an option since finding teammates who actually communicate is a rarity these days with party chat. If I can manage to hold snipe on these maps, I usually end up doing well. If I don't, then it's typically a long game filled with frustration. I have a good BR, but it just seems to rarely come in handy because as soon as I get 2-3 shots on someone, they retreat back and I'm left to hoping for a hail mary nade. I hardly ever come across people in middle areas where it's 1-on-1. It just ends up being two teams on opposite sides waiting for someone to make a move.

So when you're playing solo and the other team ends up getting power weapons and getting the advantageous area, what's the best plan of action?
GT = PRIMETLM3
Invite/add me for MM or customs

H2F ShocK
H2F OG
Subtract from H2F ShocK's ReputationAdd to H2F ShocK's Reputation H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000
01-08-2015

1. Have a teammate grab rockets (so you don't get shot).
2. Get in the banshee and be a menace.
Sausy
Level 15
Subtract from Sausy's ReputationAdd to Sausy's Reputation Sausy taps Cortana Sausy taps Cortana Sausy taps Cortana Sausy taps Cortana Sausy taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Sausy
01-08-2015

As far as Lockout goes, I try and use the breakable ice to my advantage. That mitigates the stalemate problem slightly. Also, the Sword is very useful for breaking a snipe tower setup. A few well placed nades can back off players long enough to hop up to S2 (or S3) with Sword to do work. Going top mid from library also works, as long as there isn't a player top lift.
CrosS_
Level 26
Subtract from CrosS_'s ReputationAdd to CrosS_'s Reputation CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield CrosS_ finally popped his Bubble Shield
01-11-2015

my opinion isnt worth much, but you can have it since you asked.

when i solo queue, i dont worry what the rest of my team is doing, aside from yelling at them off mic when they do something stupid. i play the best game i can, and try to be as obnoxious and annoying to the other team as possible in the way i play. you would be surprised how big a difference it can make when you just nade people to death, or just run straight at them with your br, hit 2 shots and then melee them. you'd be surprised how many people will panic when they try to out strafe you and you just keep moving up.

in reality though, just play positions that give you advantages, no matter how small they are. they have sniper? make them miss shots and get closer to them so you can nade/br them. sure you may die a couple times, but you'll eventually work yourself into a better position and maybe the game will turn to your favor. there's no formula or strategy to 100% wins. play your game and adapt it to your most successful strengths and worry about teamplay as plan b.