Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
PichuFrenzy
Level 12
Subtract from PichuFrenzy's ReputationAdd to PichuFrenzy's Reputation PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to PichuFrenzy
01-11-2015

Here is my feedback. I posted it on HaloWaypoint forums.

Spartan abilities

Sprint
Players can still stay alive by sprinting away toward teammates. I think a good way to fix sprint is to allow player to sprint only if they are full shield and full health. In this way, people will have to find creative and skillful ways to stay alive instead of just running away. In addition, this will increase the importance of putting shots at the beginning of a game when people will go for power weapons.
This will also allow to add some new gameplay feature like making a player still be able to sprint when not full shield and full health if he grabbed a speed boost power-up or the Prophet’s bane.
The sprint has a glitch where you cannot sprint at your maximum speed for unknown reasons. At one point, I was actually sprinting slower than I was walking. I happens very rarely but it still needs a fix.

Thruster pack
Fine as it is. Maybe people should be able to shoot while thrusting to add an offensive option.
Hitboxes while thrusting seems weird. It might be because of online experience but I got killed too often while thrusting behind a wall.

Clamber
Remove the ability to hold to clamber. Player should achieve jumps by pressing the clamber button at the right time, not by holding it. This will slightly increase skill gap in jumps.

Stabilizers
The Spartan ability I enjoy the least. It allows the player to get a better angle that he should not get and in a safe way as he can drop or thrust whenever he wants. This is game breaking and it should be removed.

Slide
Fine as it is.

Ground pound
I love it. This ability is perfectly balanced and skillful. Sometimes people will survive a ground pound if you land on them and you will end up on their head: http://youtu.be/0_hcclKanrk
The fact that ground pound is on the same button as crouching is sometimes annoying.

Spartan charge
This ability needs a few fixes. I don’t know if it is already the case or if it is due to inconsistency but a player should die from a Spartan charge in the back like a classic beat down, and from a Spartan charge by someone holding a sword.

Weapons

AR & SMG
Damage should be reduced. Spread/precision should also be increased/decreased slightly when scoped. Headshot damage should be removed because of randomness.
Automatic weapons are really easy to aim with and it’s hard to not miss shots. Aiming with a precision weapon is harder, and missing shots is a lot more punishing. This is why an automatic weapon should not kill as fast as a precision weapon.

Magnum
Bloom should be reduced and its precision should be increased when scoped.

BR & DMR
These weapons kill times are too fast.

Light rifle
The new light rifle feels great. It’s more powerful but still very well integrated with the gameplay and does not have too much ammo.

Sniper rifle
I like how slow the sniper shoots. It punishes players for not hitting the headshot with the first shot.

Hydra
Prefect as it is.

Rocket launcher
Powerful but not overpowered.

Sword
Players should not be able to get hit by melees when using a sword. Sword should win every time in close quarters. You should not be able to trade kills against a sword with a simple melee. Sword blocking melees is a must.

Prophet’s bane
Same as the sword. I like the idea of a more powerful sword.

Human grenade
I found that the damages are rather inconsistent. Sometimes they will annihilate you, sometime they will just do little damage. I think that the curve damage of the blast radius needs a rework.
The explosion blast is too powerful (or the Spartans are too light) and makes people fly too high in the air. I remember being launch away in Eden and hitting that return to the battlefield countdown at the top of the map.

Plasma grenade
The plasma grenades have less magnetism than in Halo Reach or Halo 4. It is harder to stick people and this is a good thing. The weapon launching is also a good addition and very useful to get weapons at the begging of a game.

Grenades in general also have a huge hitbox: people accidentally shot them in the air way too often and they bounce against some surfaces when they should have go through.

Maps

Truth
I like this map a lot. I can’t find anything wrong on it.

Empire
Good Slayer map, but poor Strongholds map. The map is too small for this gametype and players keep spawning on enemy objectives.

Regret
The starting spawns in the bottom of the bases are a good thing to prevent people from converging too fast in the middle of the map in the beginning.
The spawns on ramparts are overpowered. This is a power position. No one should ever be able to spawn here. Theses spawns should be put on bottom arc instead.
The hydra seems to be the perfect power weapon for this map.

Eden
Starting spawns are fine.
I really don’t like flow of the map. Red building and security tower are too easy to lock down. I feel that there is not enough action going on in blue building and outside. Maybe power weapons placement should be switched.
The map is too dark at some places.
Some walls should be more soft and clean. I got stuck too often against pipes and other decorative elements when I was walking or sprinting along the walls.
The crates inside the bases are too heavy. I’m supposed to be a Spartan who flips Scorpion tanks and I get stuck by some crates on the floor.
It should have been tried in Strongholds.

Pegasus
Good map, but starting spawns are unbalanced considering where the rocket-launcher is spawning.

Gametypes

Slayer
Nothing wrong.

Breakout
A lot more enjoyable than Swat, but still not my cup of tea. Halo is Halo and I want my normal shield and slow kill times. My only complaint would be that the BR is too powerful to be put at the start.
Sometimes people might fail the jump at the beginning due to some lag issues: http://youtu.be/bTzJ9D-x9JM

Strongholds
Nothing wrong except the huge frame drop when watching the objective.

Other

Animations
Scoping animations and pick up animations should be faster for the majority of the weapons.
I don’t like how the weapons move while sprinting. It doesn't feel natural. Halo Reach and Halo 4 made a better job on this point.

Armor customization
More armor pieces should be customizable. Halo Reach and Halo 4 were a good example. The customization menu is also too dark and glitchy sometimes. Bring back unlockable weapon skins.

Deaths
The music that plays on your death combined with the weird killcams are too distracting.
It’s easy to see that killcams doesn’t feat in Halo. First, medals are unable to appear after death. Therefore I can’t see if I got a multikill, a simple kill, an assist or nothing. Secondly, killcams show nothing. All I see is a grenade on my feet blowing up and it doesn’t help me at all. Finally, I want to be able to see around me on my deathcam to make callouts for my team. I want to know if they grabbed the rocker-launcher, where the enemy team is pushing or how many dead people there are in both teams with the scoreboard.

Descope
People aiming with the left trigger have a big advantage: if they hold their aiming trigger and get descoped, they will automatically scope again. This must fixed. These players must release and press again the left trigger to scope a second time.

Friendly fire
I know friendly fire is a great debate in the Halo community because of people betraying each other for power weapons/vehicles but it allows people to spam grenades without the fear of betraying teammates. If you don’t want to put friendly fire back, what about bringing back some friendly fire customization from Halo CE like “Shield damages only” or “Explosives only”?

Kill feed
There is not enough room for everything. When too many things are going on like mass killing or saving teammates, the kill feed continues to print text and it continues under the screen.

Medals
Some medals don’t have the good image or the good name when showed up at the bottom of the screen.
I would like to see some medals you brought back in Halo 2 Anniversary like power weapons sprees and legendary medals such as Steaktacular and Perfection.
Some existing medals are questionable. Armageddon for getting a 4 kills spree with the rocket-launcher and Rocket Mary for getting a long range rocket kill are fun but Target Practice for killing an enemy player capturing a base with a rocket-launcher seems useless. I still don’t know the difference between the Brawler medal and the Melee kill medal: they are too similar. There is also a Gun Punch medal for getting a 2-shot beat down kill with the BR. Some medals are too redundant.

Matchmaking
I am matching people with lower rank than me. If there are 200 pro ranked, I should only be matching pro ranked people or semi-pro ranked people at worst.

Post-game stats
I can’t see my medals. I can’t watch my stats a second time if closed them.

Power weapons announcer
I think announcing power weapons in 30 seconds is too much. Maybe it should only announce them in 10 seconds or just when they spawn.

Ranks design
Ranks design should be more advanced and more beautiful to watch.

Scoreboard
Players should be able to move while watching the scoreboard.

Smartscope
Some scopes need a design rework. This is ok: http://i.imgur.com/gRuq04V.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nnQT6DP.jpg ; this isn’t ok: http://i.imgur.com/S0bN89J.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4glci9J.jpg . My suggestion is to put the weapon closer to the camera like this: http://i.imgur.com/aE5cHk8.jpg . It will feel better for players used to Halo and will offer a better view.
Reflects and glares should be removed from the screen when scoped.

Weapon design
Bring back the classic rocket-launcher, as another rocket-launcher at least, like the sword and the prophet’s bane.

Weapon pickups
There should be an icon of the weapon I can pick up instead of its name in full text to make it easier for the players.

Weapon variety
I hope Covenant and Promethean weapons are all still here with some new additions. A third grenade type is always nice.

Last edited by PichuFrenzy; 01-11-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Al
EXPECTO PATRONUM
Subtract from Al's ReputationAdd to Al's Reputation Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Al
01-11-2015

why is the AR so goddamn powerful?

Lat3ksi
Level 19
Subtract from Lat3ksi's ReputationAdd to Lat3ksi's Reputation Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000 Lat3ksi IS OVER 9000
01-11-2015

Remove sprint. Hell, you can't even do anything while sprinting. Make the spartans walk faster or create a bunnyhopping mechanic utilizing the thrusters on their backs.
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
Subtract from Scace's ReputationAdd to Scace's Reputation Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000
01-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat3ksi View Post
Remove sprint. Hell, you can't even do anything while sprinting. Make the spartans walk faster or create a bunnyhopping mechanic utilizing the thrusters on their backs.
I can tell you right now sprint won't be removed.
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
Subtract from Scace's ReputationAdd to Scace's Reputation Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000
01-12-2015

Pichu Frenzy, great fucking write up man! The list is pretty stacked now! We also had some of the same ideas Overall great suggestions, this is exactly what I was looking for.

A few questions/comments.

1. Stabilizers I don't think this will be taken out & I've heard some of the pro's saying that they really enjoy it.

2. I disagree with the BR/DMR kill times being too fast. It feels fine to me.

3. Sword What did you mean when you said, "Sword blocking melees is a must"
PichuFrenzy
Level 12
Subtract from PichuFrenzy's ReputationAdd to PichuFrenzy's Reputation PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000 PichuFrenzy IS OVER 9000
01-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scace View Post
Pichu Frenzy, great fucking write up man! The list is pretty stacked now! We also had some of the same ideas Overall great suggestions, this is exactly what I was looking for.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Sword What did you mean when you said, "Sword blocking melees is a must"
It was hard to explain but when you try to sword someone watching you, he will manage to hit you with a melee during your lunge animation and you will end up being one shot after getting the kill, or sometimes you will even trade with him if you were already one shot. I think you shouldn't receive any melee damage when you kill people with a sword.
It was already the case in previous Halo games. It started with Halo Reach where you will loose some shields but you will never trade.
With H5 gameplay, it's already really hard to get that Prophet's bane and to get close to enemies. This is a power weapon and it should win every close quarters battle without trouble.

Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
01-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichuFrenzy View Post
You're welcome.

It was hard to explain but when you try to sword someone watching you, he will manage to hit you with a melee during your lunge animation and you will end up being one shot after getting the kill, or sometimes you will even trade with him if you were already one shot. I think you shouldn't receive any melee damage when you kill people with a sword.
It was already the case in previous Halo games. It started with Halo Reach where you will loose some shields but you will never trade.
With H5 gameplay, it's already really hard to get that Prophet's bane and to get close to enemies. This is a power weapon and it should win every close quarters battle without trouble.
Okay, yeah I understood that part. Do you think you should be able to deflect a sword with a perfectly timed melee?
PichuFrenzy
Level 12
01-12-2015

Quote:
Okay, yeah I understood that part. Do you think you should be able to deflect a sword with a perfectly timed melee?
No, this is what made the sword useless in Halo Reach before the TU. I could easily deflect an enemy sword then finish him with a few well placed Magnum shots.
In Halo 5 you already have a thruster pack and the ground pound ability which gives you a higher chance to win against a sword guy. I ground pounded so many people rushing me with a sword because of how predictable they were.

Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
01-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichuFrenzy View Post
No, this is what made the sword useless in Halo Reach before the TU. I could easily deflect an enemy sword then finish him with a few well placed Magnum shots.
In Halo 5 you already have a thruster pack and the ground pound ability which gives you a higher chance to win against a sword guy. I ground pounded so many people rushing me with a sword because of how predictable they were.
Good point. Do you find it impossible to thrust away from sword? I could do it in H4.
Dante
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Dante's ReputationAdd to Dante's Reputation Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000
01-12-2015

Quote:
Good point. Do you find it impossible to thrust away from sword? I could do it in H4.
The regular energy sword is an absolute joke. If I use my thruster right and the person with it doesn't surprise me, I'll win 9/10 times. The lunge distance feels incredibly insignificant. Even the Prophet's Bane I feel is only 50/50 that they'll kill me. I feel both need a retooling as they're incredibly dependent on sprint and smartscope currently. I also take issue with how long it takes to bring the weapon out and use it, but feel that way with almost every weapon.
TIFE LIFE