Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobs View Post
Serious review incoming.

Well, this was everything I wanted (and expected it to be) and SO much more. I guess I didn't realize that Dutchy had gameplay that was this spectacular. I mean I know you're Dutchy and everything.. but this even puts your old stuff to shame. It was phenomenal.

The editing was glorious, I love Puba's style. But this montage did something for me that I don't think any other montage has done, which is actually play to my emotions. There was a rap song in the first half somewhere that had me smiling and feeling joyous..

..And then when the Pursuit of Happiness cover came on, holy shit. I got SO nostalgic and sad and happy and overwhelmed. Man, it feels incredibly weird to say that about a Halo video but I was almost tearing up during that song. So much emotion. I couldn't handle it.

It was spurred on by the fact that I don't think there'll ever again be a Halo 3 montage released that's this great.

To highlight specific points will be hard because I was just enjoying it for what it was the first time around, but I will say that my jaw was hanging open almost the whole time. I wish I had recorded my reaction live.

Also, I loved the used of Phurion's unused commentary from Lag Warrior, that shit is great.

I will certainly watch this video countless more times. So, so many more times. And when I do, and I can highlight specific points in my mind, I will come back here and review it again.

I love you both for what you have created and what you've done for the community, especially in the dying state that it's in.

Oh boy, I'll stop writing for now until I've watched many more times. The emotions.

p.s. Thanks for the shoutout Puba, you'll always be my favorite son.
As soon as I saw your name I wanted to punch myself for forgetting to put you in the credits.

I appreciate your review and kind words Means a lot coming from you. I still regularly look back at our tri-tage, and I hope the future holds more opportunities for us to make something together.
join the revolution.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Dutchy; 12-13-2013 at 04:48 PM.
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
12-13-2013

I smile each time i see that lawl o caust sig.
Will watch asap when i wake up, been a while d man hope youre doing well

edit:
k finally checked it.

so I was quite curious as to the build up, havent seen a high intensity FX editor go 10+ minutes in a while.
your choice to continue through song transitions was quite brave as that's hard as fuck, the on point synching and consistency in effects really helped keep it together. I wont comment on the kind of FX as some of it just isnt for me but it def helped keeping the beginning feel like '1 part' as I think that was your intention.
I was very much ready for a slow fade out at some point tho, and you gave it to me altho of course still with quite a lot of jazz.
then I felt I could really use a different kind of clip like a fun double stick or spree and you gave me the spree on the ice map.
It may have needed more but those moments assured me you were conscious of the viewer experience.

when editing frame by frame and watching stuff back after having seen it so often you as the editor can often totally get your own intentions but it may go too fast for the viewer to get it or appreciate if fully. Pretty sure there's some stuff in my videos no one has ever consciously or unconsciously experienced. there were a couple of moments that came close to that for me, but then again there's gonna be multiple watch throughs for most so that will help.

Really appreciate the POV dominance, I feel a longer tage needs that. You used the angles as the rest moments, which for me there couldve been more of but I was happy with the application of angles either way. 2 seconds of *unedited* (i know thats a moronic term) angle here and there definitely helped.

GP, obviously quite ridiculous. come on Dennis.
I do feel a bit more variety wouldve been cool, not to say you need vehicle launches but some fun/creative doubles/triples or like in the credits the skull clips wouldve been cool. then again not using those clips in this tage is also silly and I dunno what your selection was like.
It would help with the flow and build up tho, big multi's are long ass clips and with a high level of exact synch there's gonna be a bit of clip cutting no matter how hard you try which makes cutting to another clip where you're also cutting kinda blend no matter if its on a different map. Especially when you have the consistency of FX and synch that's something to keep a very close eye on.
Variety helps separate and keeps the mind excited/guessing to what we're gonna see next, as it was nice and consistent in the editing the gp wouldve been the place to do it. no matter if we expect high multis from dennis, you dont want our brain to assume it while watching. I always struggle with long clips tho so making a video out of even a third of those multi's.. I'd probably fail hard.

so yeah, very interesting watch. I think you did well puba, hope my ramblings make sense, it's just from one viewing.
Didnt expect to see my name up there this time for some reason, caught it out of the corner of me eye.
All the best D man, thanks for some of the best times. glad I got some of em on video to return to.

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late

Last edited by slater ohm; 12-17-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Stobs
Classic.
Subtract from Stobs's ReputationAdd to Stobs's Reputation Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000
12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
As soon as I saw your name I wanted to punch myself for forgetting to put you in the credits.

I appreciate your review and kind words Means a lot coming from you. I still regulary look back at our tri-tage, and I hope the future holds more opportunities for us to make something together.
Hey, don't sweat it
I appreciate you even saying that. Thanks man, meant everything I said about the video.

And I'd absolutely love to work together in the future, whenever and on whatever, you know how to get ahold of me
Dkahre
Threshold
Subtract from Dkahre's ReputationAdd to Dkahre's Reputation Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000
Send a message via ICQ to Dkahre Send a message via Skype™ to Dkahre
12-13-2013

u 4got me phaggot

Jk, in all seriousness.

This is the best tage I have ever watched in my life, seriously, this has beaten apex. I fucking screamed about half of the clips in this tage. Dennis, you're the best at getting Halo 3 clips now. I don't care what anyone saids, you're the best man. If I was at the Netherlands, I would smoke so much weed with you right now babe.
Llama
Look at Clock
Subtract from Llama's ReputationAdd to Llama's Reputation Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000
12-13-2013

Amazing and entertaining montage. Well played.
Edgify
What's it all about?
Subtract from Edgify's ReputationAdd to Edgify's Reputation Edgify IS OVER 9000 Edgify IS OVER 9000 Edgify IS OVER 9000 Edgify IS OVER 9000 Edgify IS OVER 9000 Edgify IS OVER 9000 Edgify IS OVER 9000 Edgify IS OVER 9000 Edgify IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Edgify
12-13-2013

QuiGz
Kaze Ni Nare
Subtract from QuiGz's ReputationAdd to QuiGz's Reputation QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to QuiGz Send a message via Skype™ to QuiGz
12-13-2013

unknowassin wanted you to thank him, cmon you lil nerd.
Bitplague
Subtract from Bitplague's ReputationAdd to Bitplague's Reputation Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000
12-13-2013

yes please fix it overlord dennis

Tarzan
insignificance
Subtract from Tarzan's ReputationAdd to Tarzan's Reputation Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000
12-13-2013

bout to download. getting my popcorn ready

EDIT: should i watch it on youtube now, or wait till tomorrow for the download?

Last edited by Tarzan; 12-13-2013 at 05:33 PM.
ohem
キラー羊
Subtract from ohem's ReputationAdd to ohem's Reputation ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000 ohem IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to ohem Send a message via Skype™ to ohem
12-13-2013

nicely done dennis. long time no see