Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
I GinG I
I put the G in G.
Subtract from I GinG I's ReputationAdd to I GinG I's Reputation I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000 I GinG I IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to I GinG I
12-14-2013

I wish halo didn't suck so bad that it made people stop playing lol.
Marruk
Level 20
Subtract from Marruk's ReputationAdd to Marruk's Reputation Marruk still downloads from Mythica Marruk still downloads from Mythica Marruk still downloads from Mythica Marruk still downloads from Mythica Marruk still downloads from Mythica Marruk still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to Marruk
12-14-2013

Dutchy if you want any tips on how to get good clips you can always call me.

Hihi
Stobs
Classic.
Subtract from Stobs's ReputationAdd to Stobs's Reputation Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000
12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marruk View Post
Dutchy if you want any tips on how to get good clips you can always call me.

Hihi
There was a dancetage you edited, or something similar, that was awesome. It had these funny text moments like "thought were were done?" (Or something along those lines) and I remember a hilarious clip where the banshee fell and splattered the player.

I need a link. Haven't been able to find it in forever.
Dkahre
Threshold
Subtract from Dkahre's ReputationAdd to Dkahre's Reputation Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000
Send a message via ICQ to Dkahre Send a message via Skype™ to Dkahre
12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobs View Post
There was a dancetage you edited, or something similar, that was awesome. It had these funny text moments like "thought were were done?" (Or something along those lines) and I remember a hilarious clip where the banshee fell and splattered the player.

I need a link. Haven't been able to find it in forever.
Was it this?

Stobs
Classic.
Subtract from Stobs's ReputationAdd to Stobs's Reputation Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000 Stobs IS OVER 9000
12-14-2013

Holy shit, yes. Thank you much.
P For PaniC
Level 30
Subtract from P For PaniC's ReputationAdd to P For PaniC's Reputation P For PaniC is legendary P For PaniC is legendary P For PaniC is legendary
Send a message via AIM to P For PaniC
12-14-2013

i was entertained throughout
g7ags
sm panic

nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLippiN C View Post
Now you've done it Johnny Quest!
iDiesel
Level 37
Subtract from iDiesel's ReputationAdd to iDiesel's Reputation iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to iDiesel
12-14-2013

can't get this god damn download (MEGA) to go all the way. stopped at 78% -__-

watched on youtube and was amazed. will post a full review if i can ever get this on my computer
Maple.
poooooooooo
Subtract from Maple.'s ReputationAdd to Maple.'s Reputation Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GocrazyAwesome View Post
This was rude and disrespectful. You act like your subjective opinion is fact
this is stupid

great video
Maple.
poooooooooo
Subtract from Maple.'s ReputationAdd to Maple.'s Reputation Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Maple. wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitplague View Post
he posted it as if it were facts.
this is stupid part 2
xSunShiine
Level 25
Subtract from xSunShiine's ReputationAdd to xSunShiine's Reputation xSunShiine is on the rise to fame xSunShiine is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to xSunShiine Send a message via Skype™ to xSunShiine
12-15-2013

After watching this multiple times to be able to give a multiple perspective opinion to kind of go with all the polar opposite comments so far, here we go.

The first time I watched this it was solely to see the clips, and for entertainment value, and let me tell you, holy shit was I blown away. The song choices were amazing, minus the rap song in the beginning, it seemed random and didn't fit or flow well with the others, and wasn't placed well in the video. On the subject of song placement, my only gripe was that I feel that the "That's Classic" song should have been earlier in the montage, for multiple reasons. I loved the editing to that song and Puba, it seemed like you were just in your zone and element editing to it, because it was so smooth and precise and perfect. It was fun, weird, and gave me chills because of how much fun i had watching and how much I enjoyed it. Putting that song earlier in the video would've given it more longevity I feel, if another song closely similar to that style replaced one of the earlier songs.

The gameplay was obviously amazing, and there were so many sick shots, clutch plays, and things I never thought would happen EVER in a montage. The 2for1 trocity to quickscope jaro on snowbound, ALL the team slayer killpocs, and some of the clutch noscopes (noscope pit mlg tac, closed street quickscope to back sword tac just to name a few) were just ridiculous. Those shots were what made the gameplay for me, as it wasn't just the same old crappy multi-team clips we always see that involve shotty, sniper, and regen on epilogue, etc. My only gripe gameplay wise, was there felt to be a large amount of AFKs in clips, like the pit snipers tastrophe, or the construct rumble pit tastrophe, with the troc and tast on an AFK, but I've definitely seen worse in montages, and the clips referenced were still insane.

Now on my second time I watched this was mainly to pay attention to the editing, and all the small details. I, too, didn't like all the flashes and pan/crops syncing to beats, but they were only really prominent in some of the early songs and they were used moderately in the later half, and done only when necessary. The color was obviously mostly bright throughout, but the color correction matched the songs perfectly with the theme, feel, and mood of each song. So color correction was pretty spot on throughout the video, nothing wrong in my perspective. The angles, man the angles. There wasn't ton of angles thrown in the clips, or having 3 angles per 1 clip, which I LOVED. The angles were used to help explain some clips, or used for cinematic purposes throughout the intro and most of the song transitions. Watching this is a perfect example of how angles SHOULD be used; sparingly, and most importantly, with a purpose. When Nvincible was saying how the editing was "horrendous", I tried to understand what he was trying to get at and kind of got what he was getting at. Watching this montage with the mindset of looking SOLELY on the editing aspects of this montage, without regard to enjoyment or entertainment value, yeah it can look like a big, bright, shakey mess. But in the overall scheme of things, all those pieces came together to bring us one of THE MOST enjoyable montages to be edited. The small details you added really brought out some of the best parts of the songs, for example, at 9:31 when the lyrics say "EVERYTHING THAT SHINES AINT ALWAYS GONNA BE GOLD" the sun coming from the doorway behind the opponent flashes bright, which was subtle, but honestly my favorite little bit. You paid attention to every detail and aspect of both the songs and clips, which gave that overall enjoyment factor its main success.

Puba, I've always loved your edits and style, and you are the only person in the game right now most suited for a montage of this caliber, and you, my friend, fucking killed it. Props on everything; making one of the best videos in the past couple years, showing off Dutchy's spectacular gameplay, and bringing this golden era of Halo 3 montages to a close.

Many montages will be made from here on, but none will match what you have done here.