Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Substance
Level 28
Subtract from Substance's ReputationAdd to Substance's Reputation Substance is a novice
11-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfor1v1 View Post
Sorry, but WRONG.
If they had, everyone would be a non-beleiver.
But obviously, there is tons of evidence for God's existence.
You can't just explain it ona forum in a matter of minutes.
It takes a while.
While you may have all day to go on this forum, most of us don't.
So find the answers (the right ones) instead of brainwashing other doubters on this forum with the garbage you call logic.
Blind faith, my friend. You are a great example of it too.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
11-27-2007

Quote:
Sorry, but WRONG.
People seem to love avoiding evidence. That's why people still don't believe in evolution.

Quote:
It takes a while.
You spend enough time to do some of it. You copy and paste a ton, why not do that again with this supposed proof?

Quote:
So find the answers (the right ones) instead of brainwashing other doubters on this forum with the garbage you call logic.
I've shown the answers; epistemelogically there are no answers, and no truth.

LOL@"Garbage called logic"
Busy, busy, busy
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
11-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
People seem to love avoiding evidence. That's why people still don't believe in evolution.

You spend enough time to do some of it. You copy and paste a ton, why not do that again with this supposed proof?

I've shown the answers; epistemelogically there are no answers, and no truth.

LOL@"Garbage called logic"
LOL!!! 'Garbage called logic'. He denies the fundamental logical laws of our Universe - can we just write him off as a complete moron without looking back?
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
11-27-2007

Quote:
Sorry, but WRONG.
It takes a while.
While you may have all day to go on this forum, most of us don't.
Every logic based argument for the existence of G_d I'm familiar with fails.

As far as evidence for G_d's existence, this is a debate forum. Provide your evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
LOL!!! 'Garbage called logic'. He denies the fundamental logical laws of our Universe - can we just write him off as a complete moron without looking back?
Bah... My overly optimistic views on human nature don't permit me to. I have a biased view 'cause I've gotten the benefit of being around very intelligent people for just about all of my schooling.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
Tormaster
Level 24
Subtract from Tormaster's ReputationAdd to Tormaster's Reputation Tormaster is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Tormaster Send a message via MSN to Tormaster
11-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
I'm all for that. Someone please ban him for stupidity. I know you can do it.

GT: torwizzle

add for customs and all that crap.
DrastiK
Level 22
Subtract from DrastiK's ReputationAdd to DrastiK's Reputation DrastiK is a novice
Send a message via AIM to DrastiK
01-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
I'm wondering why you are atheist. I was talking to someone about religion and why they believe in god and he brang this up. The only populated planet is earth, earth rotates on a 23 degree axis, the only liquid that expands when frozen is water, how complex and detailed everything is cant be just big bang or chance.

Can you guys give me your stance on these points.

Thanks
What makes you think that some sort of super power can do that then?

Mr Evil Guy
Level 28
Subtract from Mr Evil Guy's ReputationAdd to Mr Evil Guy's Reputation Mr Evil Guy is a novice
01-14-2008

There is absolutely no basis for any kind of deity. Science has proven many things and have many theories that are actually backed up by cold hard facts. I remember I when I used to go to the YMCA after school, and we had a 30 minute "devotion" time. One day I asked my counselor, "How do we know that any of this stuff is real?" He gives me this cold look, then points to the Bible. I reply "Okay, but how do we prove that Christian beliefs are real?" and he points right back to the Bible without saying a word.

That was the first time I questioned Christianity. I spent 8 years of my life in North Carolina, and I literally lived a mile away from a Baptist Seminary (there's only 3 in the United States) so obviously I took on Christian views. Until that point, I blindly followed Christianity without really questioning it. But when I saw that my own YMCA counselor, who was supposedly raised on Christianity and was supposed to teach a bunch of kids about it, couldn't even answer the simplest questions I had about it, it really got me thinking. Maybe this is all a bunch of crap. It took me a few years, but I just sort of decided one day that the idea of God was just too illogical, and I became an atheist (technically though, I consider myself an agnostic, I don't believe that you can prove or disprove his existence, but I doubt his existence)

Of course, this doesn't mean that I go around telling Christians my beliefs like a pompous jackass (not accusing anyone here of that, I'm just saying). I let Christians believe what they want, and as long as it makes them happy, then who am I to judge them? Some of the happiest people I know are deeply religious, and if they think that a lifetime of good deeds will help them get to Heaven, more power to them.

Last edited by Mr Evil Guy; 01-14-2008 at 05:21 PM.
KNIGHTSPAWN555
Level 33
Subtract from KNIGHTSPAWN555's ReputationAdd to KNIGHTSPAWN555's Reputation KNIGHTSPAWN555 is a novice
01-14-2008

Evidence for "god" not existing??

You are, I am, NiceGuy, the whole planet is.

Look at how bad humanity has become. Wow after all these years, I would have thought that "god" would put an end to all our crimes and "sins" and all our evil-doing.

And giving us "free-will" is redundant. Why would and omnipotent being give someone the right to fuck up someone else's life?? Its stupid seeing it that way. The sole purpose for life is to enjoy it and to not worship some asshole that doesnt do squat shit about his "creations".

We're bad by nature, so its funny that "god" can claim that he is our lord and ruler. Seems somewhat like a dictatorship to me..

And on life and the whole universe's creation, well that, sir, is hard to explain. No one can come around and simply elaborate on it. Aliens, yes, extraterrestial life. Other planets, other stars, other life forms are present all over the galaxy. Its so obvious we are not alone. Open your eyes and just live life normally and dont let some "god" take ahold of it.

You know what book you need to read??!
Anton Szandor Lavey's The Satanic Bible.
Its a great book. No, it doesnt make you a satanist, thats your choice, alone. It does, however, tell you that life is about indulgence and that its to be taken advantage of by living it, being happy and by not letting false crap get ahold of you.

Give it a try, it might open your eyes.
Have a good day sirs.

=)

NiceGuy talks gooooddd, like ..wow....
I love your stuff on the "life after death" thread.

Peace. (religion cant say that..)
GT --> Lacrimosa555

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy412 View Post
Well I uhhh.....a while back when I would be home alone I would role play with my stuffed animals. Like in a sexual way. I would dress them up in my clothes and play strip games with them like strip poker and strip dice games and take their clothes off when they lost. But for some reason we all lost at the same time and I would roll around in them and jack off. Yea that's f..king weird isn't it? *regrets writing this*
^^
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!
lookinfor1v1
Level 28
Subtract from lookinfor1v1's ReputationAdd to lookinfor1v1's Reputation lookinfor1v1 is a novice
01-15-2008

I beleive in God b/c I studied both sides of the issue and found that Theists have insurmountable evidence for the case of God
Though it takes time, patience, and will to fully comprehend it, its VERY clear in the end.

II JumpiN II

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.
Mohandas Gandhi

Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God.
Tom Stoppard
lookinfor1v1
Level 28
Subtract from lookinfor1v1's ReputationAdd to lookinfor1v1's Reputation lookinfor1v1 is a novice
01-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTSPAWN555 View Post
Evidence for "god" not existing??

You are, I am, NiceGuy, the whole planet is.

Look at how bad humanity has become. Wow after all these years, I would have thought that "god" would put an end to all our crimes and "sins" and all our evil-doing.

And giving us "free-will" is redundant. Why would and omnipotent being give someone the right to f.ck up someone else's life?? Its stupid seeing it that way. The sole purpose for life is to enjoy it and to not worship some a.shole that doesnt do squat sh.t about his "creations".

We're bad by nature, so its funny that "god" can claim that he is our lord and ruler. Seems somewhat like a dictatorship to me..

And on life and the whole universe's creation, well that, sir, is hard to explain. No one can come around and simply elaborate on it. Aliens, yes, extraterrestial life. Other planets, other stars, other life forms are present all over the galaxy. Its so obvious we are not alone. Open your eyes and just live life normally and dont let some "god" take ahold of it.

You know what book you need to read??!
Anton Szandor Lavey's The Satanic Bible.
Its a great book. No, it doesnt make you a satanist, thats your choice, alone. It does, however, tell you that life is about indulgence and that its to be taken advantage of by living it, being happy and by not letting false crap get ahold of you.

Give it a try, it might open your eyes.
Have a good day sirs.

=)

NiceGuy talks gooooddd, like ..wow....
I love your stuff on the "life after death" thread.

Peace. (religion cant say that..)

So that's where you're heading as an atheist nowadays, to the satanic movment,
And you'r telling others to try it in order to get a new perspective on life...
I'm not surprised.

II JumpiN II

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.
Mohandas Gandhi

Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God.
Tom Stoppard