Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
Scott
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Scott's ReputationAdd to Scott's Reputation Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to Scott
04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
You got it too? Nice.

Is it possible to play with friends?

EDIT: crafty.gough
Unable to find friend. I don't think Europeans are allowed to play with Americans. Can't even add them.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
04-06-2010

Still can't find you, scott.

Looking for other players, if there are any. . .

Also, the shout casts on youtube are pretty fun to watch if you guys want to see examples of people playing. I subscribed to HD starcraft.

"im pretty sure when i said, was because its the same word. not a different word. then the meaning's of the word... but okay"
Scott
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Scott's ReputationAdd to Scott's Reputation Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided Scott is bustin' chills and getting paided
04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
Still can't find you, scott.

Looking for other players, if there are any. . .

Also, the shout casts on youtube are pretty fun to watch if you guys want to see examples of people playing. I subscribed to HD starcraft.
I watch HD too, and Husky, since they do dual commentaries. Husky does a lot of useful vids of his own though. And BlizShouter/Crota is good too.

www.livestream.com/orbtl <- best link for watching Starcraft. Orb's an extremely good Protoss player and he's very entertaining to watch because he rages so much. He's also good at figuring out the imbalances in the game, and then of course raging about them. He's got really good micro though, especially with sentries. He's usually on like 6PM EST I think.

Crafty we're gonna have to wait until Blizzard put cross server support into battle.net, though it probably won't happen till the game is actually released.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
04-07-2010

I've been hearing about these livestreams, and didn't really knew what the hell people were talking about, haha. I'll have to watch that. I take it you're going protoss all the way?

And I would imagine that game would have to come out soon, seeing this beta. Maybe less than 6 months? Is that too optimistic?

"im pretty sure when i said, was because its the same word. not a different word. then the meaning's of the word... but okay"
Scott
uber n00b (level 2)
04-07-2010

I'm guessing the end of the year or early 2011.

And yeah I wanna get good at Protoss. The playing style of Terran does not suit me at all, but I wouldn't mind playing Zerg. Protoss is def my favourite though.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
04-07-2010

In what little time I play SC, I pretty much used only Terran. A pretrty easy race to get into when you first play, but I'd like to become good with Zerg, then hopefully Protoss as my #2 option.

CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
04-07-2010

I can 9 or 10 pool semi-decently, so if you play with me scott and get like 2-3 zealots when my 12 zerglings are done, we could rush the shit out of guys and win a lot of games.

Scott
uber n00b (level 2)
04-08-2010

We'll def have to 2v2 when cross server support is enabled.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
04-08-2010

Make some room in your collection, as Blizzard Entertainment has revealed StarCraft II Collector's Edition, and you're going to want it.

Retailing for $99.99, the collector's edition comes packed with goodies, including:
  • The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
  • An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
  • A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
  • The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
  • StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
  • A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
  • Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
If you're not one for all the extras, you can pick up the standard edition, which Blizzard has confirmed will retail for $59.99. Still no release date, but Blizzard says we can expect that information "in the coming weeks."

CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
04-08-2010

Beta patch 8 is out (version 0.10.0.14803) and it is addressing concerns regarding the Marauders slow and early rushes.

General
Korea
Added support to display the game rating information on the login screen.

Balance Changes

TERRAN
Thor
Build time decreased from 75 seconds to 60 seconds.

Siege Tank
Build time decreased from 50 seconds to 45 seconds.

Marauder
Concussive Shells now require an upgrade.

Barracks Tech Lab
Concussive Shells upgrade added.
Concussive Shells upgrade costs 100/100 and takes 80 seconds to complete.

PROTOSS
Void Ray
Changed to only have 2 damage levels instead of 3. Still takes the same amount of time to fully charge.
Base damage changed from 2 (+4 armored) to 5.
Powered-up damage changed from 8 (+16 armored) to 10 (+15 armored).
Armor value decreased from 1 to 0.
Cost increased from 200/150 to 250/150.

ZERG
Roach
Burrowed move speed decreased from 2 to 1.4.
Armor value decreased from 2 to 1.

Hydralisk
Life decreased from 90 to 80.