"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 20 10.00%
"Line Of Sight" - Created by Abused Productions 9 4.50%
"Look Before You Leap 3" - Edited by Gary UK/Clay 40 20.00%
"Status Quo Team Montage" - Produced by Prestigious Films 16 8.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
ImyourPhobia
Level 26
Subtract from ImyourPhobia's ReputationAdd to ImyourPhobia's Reputation ImyourPhobia is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ImyourPhobia
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
I think he is really serious.
I know, that is the sad thing
Projects I've done that don't completely suck:
Sebsation
Atrophy 2
Archonize
Level 29
Subtract from Archonize's ReputationAdd to Archonize's Reputation Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana Archonize taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Archonize Send a message via MSN to Archonize
08-01-2010

This has got to be one of the funniest threads ever. Angles add a cinematic effect to the film (hence the name cinematography,) gameplay is not cinematic.

Invite me for any Casual or Competitive MCC customs
XbL - Archonize
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-01-2010

Cloverfield had excellent cinematography, even though it relied on the first person perspective to tell the story. Same with (imo) exe.

cin·e·ma·tog·ra·phy (sn-m-tgr-f)
n.
The art or technique of movie photography, including both the shooting and development of the film.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything in that definition that binds how cinematic a movie is to 3rd person camera work.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
ImyourPhobia
Level 26
Subtract from ImyourPhobia's ReputationAdd to ImyourPhobia's Reputation ImyourPhobia is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ImyourPhobia
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post
Cloverfield had excellent cinematography, even though it relied on the first person perspective to tell the story. Same with (imo) exe.

n.
The art or technique of movie photography, including both the shooting and development of the film.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything in that definition that binds how cinematic a movie is to 3rd person camera work.
This isnt Hollywood this is Halo 3.

EDIT: What Liam said
Projects I've done that don't completely suck:
Sebsation
Atrophy 2

Last edited by ImyourPhobia; 08-01-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Woodland King
Level 32
Subtract from Woodland King's ReputationAdd to Woodland King's Reputation Woodland King is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Woodland King Send a message via MSN to Woodland King
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphic View Post

n.

That's correct, but i think in a game where you can't really control the 1st person aspect of the cinematography, it has to be ignored. Sure you can pick clips, but the only video that should ever be praised for 1st person cinematography is .exe, just because it's a beautiful film, especially with the syncing in some scenes.

Because of that lack of control, it seems more appropriate to me to ignore the 1st person aspect of halo 3 montages in this round, especially since .exe isn't in this one.

NyCeSHoT
Level 26
Subtract from NyCeSHoT's ReputationAdd to NyCeSHoT's Reputation NyCeSHoT is a novice
08-01-2010

I wish people would just vote, and let that be that. There is no point in trying to validate why you voted for what you voted for. Its being done to try and sway voters. Stop trying to make people hop on your bandwagon.

(Used "you" & "your" not talking to no specific person. That may be the wrong "your" but f..k it lol)
drschlies
Level 11
Subtract from drschlies's ReputationAdd to drschlies's Reputation drschlies is a novice
08-01-2010

I don't know if I fully agree with eamonn but he kinda makes a point. cinematography might not be the right word for this comp, but then again you guys do have a definition of it. so whether or not it's technically the right word, there is a clear definition to base your vote on

btw please vote for contractus people, the opening angles are so cool and it's really different from the other entries

Last edited by drschlies; 08-01-2010 at 10:24 AM.
ReziLienT
Level 28
Subtract from ReziLienT's ReputationAdd to ReziLienT's Reputation ReziLienT is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ReziLienT
08-01-2010

Voted for M2. Exus mapped out every angle.
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland King View Post
That's correct, but i think in a game where you can't really control the 1st person aspect of the cinematography, it has to be ignored.
Yes you can. exe is proof that you can. You also need to take the second half of the definition into account, which is its development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland King View Post
Because of that lack of control, it seems more appropriate to me to ignore the 1st person aspect of halo 3 montages in this round, especially since .exe isn't in this one.
I agree, though I think cinematography is poorly defined in the OP, and some of the nominations poorly chosen. My post was targeted toward everyone who was facepalming eamonn because, on the whole, he was right.

put the f**kin lotion in the basket
iSkRiLLZ
Level 14
Subtract from iSkRiLLZ's ReputationAdd to iSkRiLLZ's Reputation iSkRiLLZ is a novice
08-01-2010

Voted M2. LBYL3 was a close second for me.