Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010

Display Modes Thread Tools
StObrist
Level 28
Subtract from StObrist's ReputationAdd to StObrist's Reputation StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin' StObrist is osageballin'
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
The competition in this contest is very high, there were a lot of good vids that were strong in certain areas, yet didn't cut the top 7 in that respected category.
I understand that, but when a judge tells me "The only original gameplay in this competition is Look Before You Leap 3." when it's simply not true is kind of off-putting.
S a L a Y a

killerxjake
Level 11
Subtract from killerxjake's ReputationAdd to killerxjake's Reputation killerxjake is a novice
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTw View Post
Best Intro Award
- Shocktology 2, Franetic Array

Most Original Award
- Blackbox, Look before you leap 3

Best Cinematography Award
- Look before you leap 3, SQ

Best Gameplay Award
- Tizoxic M1, Roadblock's M1, Dutchy's...too many good gameplay lol, in the end I think it might just go to look before you leap 3 cuz people wont know who to choose for in gameplay and will go for them.

Best Editing Award
This is really hard
Blackbox, Dutchy's, Franetic Array, and .exe could all win this one.

Best Overall Video
- Dutchy's, Franetic Array, Blackbox, Look before you leap 3
I'm pulling for Blackbox and Look Before You Leap 3, they seem to be underdogs against Dutchy and Franetic.
an open mind, what an amazing site
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StObrist View Post
I understand that, but when a judge tells me "The only original gameplay in this competition is Look Before You Leap 3." when it's simply not true is kind of off-putting.
Let me rephrase, Look Before You Leap 3 is the only video in the contest whose gameplay stands out to with as much originality as the level of originality in some of the other video entries' production style. I didn't see any other videos with original enough gameplay to compete with some entries' production style, with the exception of LBYL3.

That's just my personal opinion having watched all the entries.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-22-2010 at 05:41 PM.
QsK Carnage
Level 33
Subtract from QsK Carnage's ReputationAdd to QsK Carnage's Reputation QsK Carnage is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QsK Carnage
07-22-2010

Stevie wonder could tell you LBYL3's gameplay stood out from every other video in the competition.

It deserves to be nominated in the original category.

Ridonkulous
Level 11
Subtract from Ridonkulous's ReputationAdd to Ridonkulous's Reputation Ridonkulous is a novice
07-22-2010

All these montages are so sick
Tom
Level 34
Subtract from Tom's ReputationAdd to Tom's Reputation Tom finally popped his Bubble Shield Tom finally popped his Bubble Shield Tom finally popped his Bubble Shield Tom finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Tom Send a message via Skype™ to Tom
07-22-2010

LBYL3 for a clean sweep with M2 a close second.
Zhestal
Mondo Cool
Subtract from Zhestal's ReputationAdd to Zhestal's Reputation Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000 Zhestal IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Zhestal Send a message via Skype™ to Zhestal
07-22-2010

This competition had so many sick montages. And go dutchy!
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
07-22-2010

Best Intro: Frenetic Array/M2
Most Original: The Animatage/LBYL 3
Best Cinematography: Look Before You Leap 3
Best Gameplay: Contractus/Roadblock
Best Editing: M2/Contractus

Best overall video: Contractus

I honestly can't just make .. 1 decision .. so much tages for my tiny little brain
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
LoS Br33zY
Level 11
Subtract from LoS Br33zY's ReputationAdd to LoS Br33zY's Reputation LoS Br33zY is a novice
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
The only original gameplay in this competition is Look Before You Leap 3, so I'm not going to hold anything against Bipolar Nick because of that. Besides, since clips are generally very similar (with some exceptions), that award generally applies to presentation.

-Intro was 100% originality and executed very well

-Score was refreshingly original. I can't think of another video that used a score similar to this video.

-The stylish video filter was very original

-1 22 to 1 43, he has this really cool and distinct timewarp/cutting style that is very original. He does this throughout the body as well; very cool

-Because he muted all the clips and added sound effects manually, the absence of some normal sound effects and the emphasis of certain effects rendered a very creative way that you experience his footage

-The credits were about as original as the intro; who does that kind of stuff these days? Only Bipolar Nick, apparently.

His video is incredibly original.
Wasn't it Godson's Farewell montage that had custom beam rifle sounds, a very unique soundtrack, and some very original effects? The only problem with it was that it was apparently unfinished.
Gamertag: LoS Br33zY
Seraphic
Level 30
Subtract from Seraphic's ReputationAdd to Seraphic's Reputation Seraphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Seraphic
07-22-2010

I was running customs today and smite joined.

Me: So, stage any clips recently?
Smite: You're just jealous and butthurt cause you didn't get nominated for best gp and cause my clips sh.t all over yours
Me: I didn't enter in the competition
Smite: I wouldn't expect you too with your sh.tty ass gameplay, besides theres no proof I was staging. Your just butthurt kid.
Me: Its been proven dumbass. Explain the clip where a guy spawned 3 times on a spawn that doesn't exist, or the sh.t on non existent gamertags.
Smite: ...
Smite: YOUR JUST JEALOUS CAUSE I MADE THE TOP 10 AND GOT NOMINATED AND YOU DIDN'T!!!

*gets booted from the game

And now he's trying to tell people that we kicked him cause WE were staging, LMAO

OT: Best gp - Dutchy M2, even though 3 should have made it over SQ
Best Intro - Triggers down
Best Editing: ... tough call for me, everything was so good, I'll go with R3
Most original: Black box (lol'd @ question reality)
Best Cinematography: Frenetic array

Best overall - Dutchy M2

Just my opinion :P. Really excited to see how this one pans out

put the f**kin lotion in the basket