Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#291
05-20-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Da Egg View Post
I was reading creationist propaganda, and I stumbled upon a point that made me stop and think for a second. They were stating that natural selection would in fact select for smaller craniums because they would have more trouble being birthed. The only thing I could think about is that the mother would adapt in various ways or evolve too increasing the size of the birth canal. Bipedal organism have enough trouble giving birth with the positioning of the hips. Could you clarify this for me?
That is one in a million circumstances that it could have selected for and it did happen in some cases as previously stated.

What happened with us was a selection for premature birth and development after birth. We are pre-natal apes. We are born at the level of prematurity not seen in other apes, we are identical to infant chimps and then post-birth development takes us to our point and theirs to their own.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
White Rabiit
Level 12
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 137
Subtract from White Rabiit's ReputationAdd to White Rabiit's Reputation White Rabiit is a novice
#292
05-22-2007
Default

How did we come about getting an Adam's apple and what benefit does it serve us?
One pill makes you smaller and one pill makes you large and the one that your mother gives you don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice......I think shed know
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
E Nomini Patri's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 566
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
#293
05-31-2007
Default

Why is evolution still only a theory? You evolutionists act so clever when the very thing you cling to still has no proof at all in its favor.


Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#294
05-31-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
Why is evolution still only a theory? You evolutionists act so clever when the very thing you cling to still has no proof at all in its favor.
Evolution has been scientific fact for over a hundred years. It is both a fact, and a theory. It's a fact because people alive today have actually seen it happen, and it remains a theory because every day we increase our knowledge base about it.

If you want proof of evolution, look in any middle-school text book. I'd refer you to some actual scientific journals were the micro-evolution studies actually occurred, but seeing as you didn't even know evolution has been observed by human eyes, I think it's probably way over your head.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
E Nomini Patri's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 566
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
#295
05-31-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Evolution has been scientific fact for over a hundred years. It is both a fact, and a theory. It's a fact because people alive today have actually seen it happen, and it remains a theory because every day we increase our knowledge base about it.

If you want proof of evolution, look in any middle-school text book. I'd refer you to some actual scientific journals were the micro-evolution studies actually occurred, but seeing as you didn't even know evolution has been observed by human eyes, I think it's probably way over your head.
But the Flying Spaghetti Monster created everything as is when he sprinkled parmesan cheese up his ass...

I want Achilles to answer so I can see how well he knows his shit. I have a couple problems with your answer but they are managable, however maybe a bit misleading.

Where's Lemon...?


Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#296
05-31-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
But the Flying Spaghetti Monster created everything as is when he sprinkled parmesan cheese up his ass...
What does that have to do with evolution?

Quote:
I want Achilles to answer so I can see how well he knows his s**t. I have a couple problems with your answer but they are managable, however maybe a bit misleading.
What are your problems with my answer, and how were they misleading?
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
E Nomini Patri's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 566
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
#297
05-31-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
What does that have to do with evolution?
Probably nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
What are your problems with my answer, and how were they misleading?
True or false? Science deals with proofs.
True or false? Once a theory always a theory.


Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#298
05-31-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
True or false? Science deals with proofs.
True. But then again, science deals with everything. Proofs are only a small part of science.

Quote:
True or false? Once a theory always a theory.
False. Every scientific law was at one time just a theory. Quantum mechanics and relativity come to mind as being things that were theories this century, and were later proven to be fact.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
E Nomini Patri's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 566
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
#299
05-31-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
True. But then again, science deals with everything. Proofs are only a small part of science.
Name one scientific proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
False. Every scientific law was at one time just a theory. Quantum mechanics and relativity come to mind as being things that were theories this century, and were later proven to be fact.
Theories become laws? Can you support this please?

So Quantum mechanics and relativity were only theories before they became facts? You have a lot of explaining to do.


Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#300
05-31-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
Name one scientific proof.
The burden of proof is on YOU to disprove scientific FACT. The burden is NOT on me to prove something you should have learned in the 8th grade. Evolution has been observed IN ACTION a TON.

Quote:
Theories become laws? Can you support this please?
Wait, what is to support? Do you even know what the scientific method is? Write it out on paper, and then you'll clearly be able to see just how/why a law must be a theory before it can actually be a law.

Quote:
So Quantum mechanics and relativity were only theories before they became facts? You have a lot of explaining to do.
You're nuts! I didn't say they were the only theories that became laws, I just used them as two famous examples. I have no explaining to do at all. You just need to get an education instead of just listening to pundits.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off