Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
03-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebRaG View Post
micro evolution is possible, macro evolution is impossible, proved by modern DNA studies.

micro evolution is the change in DNA structure that can lead a single species to differ from each other. for example, you take half of the world and divide it. the humans on the east and west. say you are not allowed to cross borders under any circumstances. after a while the east peepz wont be able to mate with the west people just from their DNA changing over thousands of years.. you've formed a new species, but the dna is still there.. you won't have any humans on the east or west gaining new organs such as a swim bladder or wings, we wouldn't adapt, its not in our DNA to grow wings, its phisically impossible.

all of that would lead to a conclution that darwins theory is wrong, however, it is right to some extent there is micro evolution and new species can be formed, but new Genus' can't be formed. that would prove darwins "tree of life" false it would make it look somewhat simillar to an actual web of life. that started with many different organisms, and then all of those organisms might have changed a tiny bit, MAYBE forming new species, but nonetheless no new genus' or phylum or ect.
You have a LOT more reading before you can post in this thread. . . .

try reading the rest and then you can edit your post to correct yourself.

EDIT: And holy cow, I just re-read your post. . . have you even had a biology class yet?

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621

Last edited by MarkedAchilles; 03-28-2007 at 03:03 PM.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
04-18-2007

Buckshot Come Here!!!

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Steve Da Egg
Tech Support Section
Subtract from Steve Da Egg's ReputationAdd to Steve Da Egg's Reputation Steve Da Egg is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Steve Da Egg
04-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Buckshot Come Here!!!
Ah my bad dude. I didn't realize it was already stickied. And I think Mr. Buckshot needs a PM.
MarkedAchilles
04-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Da Egg View Post
Ah my bad dude. I didn't realize it was already stickied. And I think Mr. Buckshot needs a PM.
Nope did it for you.

Bodozer
single and ready 2 mingle
Subtract from Bodozer's ReputationAdd to Bodozer's Reputation Bodozer is a novice
04-20-2007

What is the point of emotions? Do other animals have them? Are they just results of higher intelligence?
SB One Up
Level 23
Subtract from SB One Up's ReputationAdd to SB One Up's Reputation SB One Up is a novice
04-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodozer View Post
What is the point of emotions? Do other animals have them? Are they just results of higher intelligence?
i would never take any one serious that has the avatar and the sig that you have

created by brokenman
#heldhostile
my FOTW's >>> http://steamcommunity.com/id/oneuppwns
Bodozer
single and ready 2 mingle
Subtract from Bodozer's ReputationAdd to Bodozer's Reputation Bodozer is a novice
04-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB One Up View Post
i would never take any one serious that has the avatar and the sig that you have
Elaborate.....
MarkedAchilles
04-21-2007

Higher intelligence as you say lets us name these feelings.

Those feelings in other animals give them an advantage socially and biologically over other groups and species. A group working together is better than a bunch of individuals working by themselves.

Steve Da Egg
Tech Support Section
Subtract from Steve Da Egg's ReputationAdd to Steve Da Egg's Reputation Steve Da Egg is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Steve Da Egg
05-20-2007

I was reading creationist propaganda, and I stumbled upon a point that made me stop and think for a second. They were stating that natural selection would in fact select for smaller craniums because they would have more trouble being birthed. The only thing I could think about is that the mother would adapt in various ways or evolve too increasing the size of the birth canal. Bipedal organism have enough trouble giving birth with the positioning of the hips. Could you clarify this for me?
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
05-20-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Da Egg View Post
I was reading creationist propaganda, and I stumbled upon a point that made me stop and think for a second. They were stating that natural selection would in fact select for smaller craniums because they would have more trouble being birthed. The only thing I could think about is that the mother would adapt in various ways or evolve too increasing the size of the birth canal. Bipedal organism have enough trouble giving birth with the positioning of the hips. Could you clarify this for me?
Natural Selection would favor a smaller cranium, and it did. Our extinct cousins, the Neanderthal, had larger heads. If I recall, they were 10-15% larger. That is still a 100% crap point. Neanderthals survived for a long time. Neanderthal mothers had the ability to stretch their 'vaginas' during birth, just as human mothers do. There are actually women who don't become fully dialated during birth. It results in some nasty tearing, but it's not necessarily fatal. The arguement you read sounded like it came from someone who hadn't taken a middle-school sex-ed class.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .