Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-23-2007

Well just to spark some more conversation. . .

Immediate speciation:

Walbachia. Google it. I am not going to waste time since I am drunk explaining it. It is a microbe that induces immediate genetic inheritable changes that results in immediate speciation. An example of environmental mediated speciation that can be seen as macro evolution i an instant.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
QuadPrism
Level 28
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QuadPrism
02-23-2007

ok since theory states creatures have evolved from other creatures - humans from apes - then y isnt there a middle species between apes and humans?
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
02-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadPrism View Post
ok since theory states creatures have evolved from other creatures - humans from apes - then y isnt there a middle species between apes and humans?
I suggest you delete your post before MarkedAchilles sees it. In his inebriated state, there's no telling what he'll do.
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
02-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Well just to spark some more conversation. . .

Immediate speciation:

Walbachia. Google it. I am not going to waste time since I am drunk explaining it. It is a microbe that induces immediate genetic inheritable changes that results in immediate speciation. An example of environmental mediated speciation that can be seen as macro evolution i an instant.
Marked is drunk lol.

Even with you being drunk you still have good spelling and grammer lol. nice.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadPrism View Post
lol

Its a good thing I sobered up

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

COLOSSUS KitsoN
Level 30
Subtract from COLOSSUS KitsoN's ReputationAdd to COLOSSUS KitsoN's Reputation COLOSSUS KitsoN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to COLOSSUS KitsoN Send a message via MSN to COLOSSUS KitsoN
02-28-2007

holy crikey this is interesting stuff here but its allll to messed up to tell where anything came from or "started" becuz it was to long ago to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF its Sparks View Post
Your names Colin
Your badass
Your guaranteed to win
Enough said
But the above is cool

MarkedAchilles
03-23-2007

When did the plates start moving? 3.8 billion years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science...eut/index.html

Spootnuke
Reminiscing
Subtract from Spootnuke's ReputationAdd to Spootnuke's Reputation Spootnuke is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Spootnuke
03-24-2007

Actually, Monkey to man theories are someone else's ideas. Charles Darwin saw it as one species changing into different forms all across the Galapagos Islands. Take for instance the finches he studied. They just traded bad characteristics for good ones, like take for instance the finch that has a hard beak in order to get into hard-shelled seeded fruit and the Smaller finches the come out during the summer with a lighter body. Of course I don't want to jump onto Spontaneous Generation debates, but no one still has a "correct" theory on how the Finches first got there.
Bambi
RebRaG
Level 28
Subtract from RebRaG's ReputationAdd to RebRaG's Reputation RebRaG is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RebRaG
03-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Everything is evidence for evolution. What he proposed was natural selection. How it works is individuals with better characteristics reproduce more than ones with not as good characteristics.

Species do not evolve in a linear fashion. That t-shirt I know you are wearing right now with the monkey walking up to a man is not evolution. Evolution is a bush not a line. There are many paths. 99% of the species that have existed have gone extinct. There are lots of species that were ideal for a portion of time and then went extinct from competition or ecological changes of millions of years, not thousands.

Darwin did not include time in his study. His studies led other to a long time wich was commonly thought even before him. He himself did not have those opinions until he confered with others.

Darwin wrote many books, many of the categorial as you said but they were to show the changes in species as they were isolated from eachother for different reasons. How genetic change (thanks to Mendel) was expressed in species visually. Take two species isolate them for a million years and just to chance they will change into two species that cannot breed successfully.

The proof has come mainly with genetic analysis, fossil analysis, and morphological analysis. Broad topics. Try to be a bit more specific you D.A.
micro evolution is possible, macro evolution is impossible, proved by modern DNA studies.

micro evolution is the change in DNA structure that can lead a single species to differ from each other. for example, you take half of the world and divide it. the humans on the east and west. say you are not allowed to cross borders under any circumstances. after a while the east peepz wont be able to mate with the west people just from their DNA changing over thousands of years.. you've formed a new species, but the dna is still there.. you won't have any humans on the east or west gaining new organs such as a swim bladder or wings, we wouldn't adapt, its not in our DNA to grow wings, its phisically impossible.

all of that would lead to a conclution that darwins theory is wrong, however, it is right to some extent there is micro evolution and new species can be formed, but new Genus' can't be formed. that would prove darwins "tree of life" false it would make it look somewhat simillar to an actual web of life. that started with many different organisms, and then all of those organisms might have changed a tiny bit, MAYBE forming new species, but nonetheless no new genus' or phylum or ect.
lolwut?
RebRaG
Level 28
Subtract from RebRaG's ReputationAdd to RebRaG's Reputation RebRaG is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RebRaG
03-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spootnuke View Post
Actually, Monkey to man theories are someone else's ideas. Charles Darwin saw it as one species changing into different forms all across the Galapagos Islands. Take for instance the finches he studied. They just traded bad characteristics for good ones, like take for instance the finch that has a hard beak in order to get into hard-shelled seeded fruit and the Smaller finches the come out during the summer with a lighter body. Of course I don't want to jump onto Spontaneous Generation debates, but no one still has a "correct" theory on how the Finches first got there.
what very few midia outlets told you is that once the birds started cross breeding again, the trait for the soft beaks came back because the DNA was still in their structure
lolwut?