Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
01-09-2012
Default Atheist and Psychotic Conspiracy-driven Believer Debate

It's a long read but it gives you a good example of just how crazy these people really are. I'm Mario, btw.

Spoiler!

Also, this one is not related to religion but it shows what lack of logic and rational thought does to a human being.

Spoiler!

Here is a private message convo we had after the second debate. Not in the mood to screen cap and upload so just a copy/pasta:

Spoiler!

The arrogance and/or ignorance is flaring up again.

Spoiler!

Here is a recent convo I had with a local Pastor (Tito)

Spoiler!

Last edited by JustMarioBros; 06-18-2012 at 10:06 AM.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
01-09-2012

The conversation ended with her last reply: " It is all part of a game and although you aren`t into the whole "conspiracy" hoopla, it is all still a major possibility. And above all conspiracies, NWO is definitely at the top of the list.".
myzo
Spamming Noob
Subtract from myzo's ReputationAdd to myzo's Reputation myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to myzo
01-09-2012

Reading, be back in a couple hours.

Read through most of it, her random capitalization of words was pissing me off.

and for as dumb as she was, she managed to keep a fairly level head, which in other conversations like this I have read hasn't happened.

Last edited by myzo; 01-09-2012 at 05:55 PM.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
01-09-2012

Be sure to give us your input. It's nice when people get involved with debates like these. I like to see things from other person's point of view.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzo View Post
Read through most of it, her random capitalization of words was pissing me off.

and for as dumb as she was, she managed to keep a fairly level head, which in other conversations like this I have read hasn't happened.
Same here, but I didn't want to get sidetracked after every post so I didn't bring up the caps-lock thing lol.

I just can't wrap my head around how someone can truly, honestly feel that they hold special powers inside that show them god is real. Or when people say they speak to god, or in her case, god's energy is inside her. How the fuck do you come up with this?

I'm telling you, the brain is a hell of a machine and if you look hard enough, it will convince you that you have found what you were looking for.
SizZLe
No More Locked Doors
Subtract from SizZLe's ReputationAdd to SizZLe's Reputation SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000 SizZLe IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to SizZLe Send a message via MSN to SizZLe
01-09-2012

I've read about half of it so far and I'm liking what I'm seeing; at least from you anyway. This is what religion can do to people. It's a bit frightening when you take a step back and realize how indoctrinated some people are. So you claim a god is responsible for the universe and all of its intricacies? Fine. I just don't buy into the whole burn to a crisp eternally IF YOU DON'T BELIEVEEEE thing. Seems a bit rash and completely illogical to me. But that's where the debate sparks; logic. We use it, they don't. Neither side can win.

Last edited by SizZLe; 01-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
01-09-2012

The shit that BLEW MY MIND was when she said " I am not discriminating your views because everyone has a beautiful mind and their own ways of philosophical thinking, but how do you live without the fear of something higher then you?"

.... Really though? Is it really ok to live life in fear? EVERYONE who claims to be religious or believes in god sin on a daily basis, don't go to church and so on. All because god will forgive you and repent your sins as long as you confess to god and ask for forgiveness. What's the damn difference? We live the same life, with the same moral code, we both know right from wrong... oh wait, difference is that I can enjoy sex before marriage, I don't have to waste my sunday sitting in church surrounded by a bunch of hypocrites, and I don't waste my hopes and dreams on a made up character hoping that he will answer my prayers one day.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
01-09-2012

Also note how she agrees evolution is real but only because it recycles spirits. Which obviously explains how evolution works.
freak
#1 butt eaterô
Subtract from freak's ReputationAdd to freak's Reputation freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000
01-09-2012

i really think you need to just not associate with her. she has been systematically brainwashed her entire life, almost to a point of no return. it's like stockholm syndrome.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
i really think you need to just not associate with her. she has been systematically brainwashed her entire life, almost to a point of no return. it's like stockholm syndrome.
Funny thing is that I haven't spoken to her since high school. We just bumped into each other on facebook and then she posted that status... believe me I try to stay far away from people like this.