Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Videos > THF Movie Competition 2010
View Poll Results: Who's Got The Best Intro?
BiPoLaR NiCk Presents "The Final Montage" 11 4.51%
"Black Box" - Edited by s0r3 8 3.28%
"Dutchy Montage 2" - Edited by ExuS 61 25.00%
"Frenetic Array" - Edited by Mattisson 76 31.15%
Neighbor & Hysteria Dualtage - Edited by Phurion 35 14.34%
"Rewind 3" - Directed by Void 31 12.70%
"Shocktology 2" - Edited by TM22 22 9.02%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-23-2010

Word of wisdom: if you want votes, don't beg for them. That turns people off and will probably lose you votes.
ManchesterUtd77
Level 29
Subtract from ManchesterUtd77's ReputationAdd to ManchesterUtd77's Reputation ManchesterUtd77 is stuck in campaign mode
07-23-2010

Who cares who put the most effort in?

Just because someone worked longer and harder it doesnt necessarily mean they'll have the most appealing intro.

We are voting on the "Best Intro" not "The Most Difficult Intro"
BaGeLzz
Level 28
Subtract from BaGeLzz's ReputationAdd to BaGeLzz's Reputation BaGeLzz is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BaGeLzz
07-23-2010

It was a hard choice but Neighbor/Hysteria since Vidol did some omfg shit in durr

ManWithoutModem
Level 32
Subtract from ManWithoutModem's ReputationAdd to ManWithoutModem's Reputation ManWithoutModem is a novice
07-23-2010

vidol went hard with the 3d, but i took into account the real life stuff too so I had to vote for Fray because Mattisson did an amazing job.
Atiemark
Level 26
Subtract from Atiemark's ReputationAdd to Atiemark's Reputation Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Atiemark
07-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeHe 2the Ment View Post
This isn't about who put what amount of hours into their work, it's about the best execution.

I am not saying Markus isn't worthy of the nomination, much less the win, but if anything saying "who put the most heart into their intro" (BiPoLaRNiCk) is basically the same thing.

The Dutchy M2 intro was mostly fading text with syncing to shots in various clips and a regular 3D "Dutchy" ontop of a Vue landscape with a couple of candles. Wooo. Yes, Atiemark's intro fit well with Dutchy's M2, but it doesn't deserve the win.

If you're saying it took you so long to do that, then you must be really busy with Carnage's & Chaos' Dualtage. Think how long it took ViDoL to do his? Even if it didn't take long, it's because he's more skilled and thus as a result, wins this category.
sorry "harley" but i think you might be slightly wrong here and there hm?

also to crest and others:
I know that evereything that matters in this competition is the final result.

you are right, i created my last post basically just so i could maybe get more votes, so i could maybe get a part of the 50$ and finally earn something with 3d work lol

I will edit my post and remove the appeal to vote for it purely because of the time i put into it, because thats not what the ppl here let decide fow whom to vote for
sorry

Last edited by Atiemark; 07-25-2010 at 07:16 AM.
In My Crossfire
Level 30
Subtract from In My Crossfire's ReputationAdd to In My Crossfire's Reputation In My Crossfire finally popped his Bubble Shield In My Crossfire finally popped his Bubble Shield In My Crossfire finally popped his Bubble Shield In My Crossfire finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via Skype™ to In My Crossfire
07-23-2010

In my opinion, it isn't about who put the most time into something, it's about who's comes out as the better intro.
Would you choose something that took 1 hour to make, that looked well done, over something that took 3 hours to do, but really had a lot of mistake, or wasn't nearly as good as the other one?

It's all about the idea and follow through, not about time. Although most of these intro's are really sweet and most likely took a lot of time.

May the BEST intro win.
Woodland King
Level 32
Subtract from Woodland King's ReputationAdd to Woodland King's Reputation Woodland King is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Woodland King Send a message via MSN to Woodland King
07-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by In My Crossfire View Post
In my opinion, it isn't about who put the most time into something, it's about who's comes out as the better intro.
Would you choose something that took 1 hour to make, that looked well done, over something that took 3 hours to do, but really had a lot of mistake, or wasn't nearly as good as the other one?

It's all about the idea and follow through, not about time. Although most of these intro's are really sweet and most likely took a lot of time.

May the BEST intro win.
Except that's a bad comparison because even though normally you wouldn't pick the one with a ton of mistakes, Atie's intro was perfect from what i saw, had never been done before, had amazing fire for a FREE, 3D program for a video game, and still took awhile to do. Not to mention he had to basically give up the use of his computer to render.

Just saying.

Atiemark
Level 26
Subtract from Atiemark's ReputationAdd to Atiemark's Reputation Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000 Atiemark IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Atiemark
07-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Flood o View Post
Didn't vote for you because of this.

R3? YEAHHHHH.
its alright i removed it lol, evereybody calm down a bit.. including me..
o Flood o
Level 19
Subtract from o Flood o's ReputationAdd to o Flood o's Reputation o Flood o is a novice
Send a message via Skype™ to o Flood o
07-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atiemark View Post
its alright i removed it lol, evereybody calm down a bit.. including me..
Respect for that, but I still prefer R3 because of the long distance rocket. It takes a real man with true accuracy to aim and lead a rocket that precisely.

"We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt,
But how we survive is what makes us who we are."
The West Virginia Tage! <3
FraGTaLiTy
Level 48
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame FraGTaLiTy is on the rise to fame
07-23-2010

True talk: As stated in the OP, the introduction is defined as everything before the title, and including the title. When you vote for "best intro", take the entire introduction into consideration, not just the title, or the gameplay. All of it.