Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Scuzzy
Level 30
Subtract from Scuzzy's ReputationAdd to Scuzzy's Reputation Scuzzy is a novice
12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfreak61 View Post
If I were you I'd just build one, but I have access to tons of lumber, you might not.
Yeah, I would only have access to the lumber if I get my summer construction job back. So until summer, building one is out.

LostWithin, I appreciate that, but I can't have that, I have 2 shelves up on both walls that are housing stuff and I will show you the regular pictures when I can next week so you'll see what I am talking about. However, one of the first things I am going to do when I'm home is take the necessary measurements and see what I can and cannot fit in there.

EDIT: Also, with the L-shaped desk, I see a lot of them are 50+"x50+"x28-31" (LxWxH). My only question with this is, are they measuring with the corner piece included or just the pieces that attach to the corners? For example with This Desk Here, does the 47.5" refer to the edge (where the keyboard is) to the end of the corner piece (assuming there's a straight line following the straight edge opposite from where you measure) or does it just refer to the edge (where the keyboard is) to the end of that specific table piece NOT including the rounded corner edge? Any help here?

Last edited by Scuzzy; 12-09-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Al
EXPECTO PATRONUM
Subtract from Al's ReputationAdd to Al's Reputation Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Al
12-09-2009

All measurements are from edge to edge. End to end and front to back.

l Call Me JK l
Level 41
Subtract from l Call Me JK l's ReputationAdd to l Call Me JK l's Reputation l Call Me JK l is a novice
Send a message via AIM to l Call Me JK l Send a message via Skype™ to l Call Me JK l
12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostWithin View Post
My mom has had that desk for 2 years and it still works and looks great.

as for the host

i never get host anyway so it doesn't matter to me.
13.3inch Macbook Pro 2010
2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8Gb DDR3 1066Mhz Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
90Gb SSD
24inch ASUS 1080P HD Gaming Monitor
22inch ACER 1080P HD Computer Monitor

Add FollowTheLead(JK loves H2) on XBC

LostWithin
Level 31
Subtract from LostWithin's ReputationAdd to LostWithin's Reputation LostWithin is a novice
Send a message via AIM to LostWithin Send a message via MSN to LostWithin Send a message via Yahoo to LostWithin Send a message via Skype™ to LostWithin
12-09-2009

I get host airday
Scuzzy
Level 30
Subtract from Scuzzy's ReputationAdd to Scuzzy's Reputation Scuzzy is a novice
12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al 15 View Post
All measurements are from edge to edge. End to end and front to back.
Thanks for being really useful Al. I have some other stuff I would like to talk to you about if you have some free time any time after Thursday (got my Econ final at 2 and will be studying all night tonight and all day before the test tomorrow). You have AIM?
Steggy
Spiderman/10
Subtract from Steggy's ReputationAdd to Steggy's Reputation Steggy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Steggy
12-10-2009

With a budget like that, you'd probably just want to go with the glass l desk from target. Decent price, good length return policy if it shits the bed on you, and it does what you need it to do. If you are looking to spend a bit more, I purchased this desk over the summer and could not be happier.

http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=prod1700536&history=rb0pt1ay|pro dPage~15^freeText~bush+fairview^paramValue~true^re fine~1^region~1^param~return_skus^return_skus~Y

ooh. looks like the price went back to normal. Used to be 240 + 35 for shipping, but because of officemax's fuckups i ended up getting the desk with free shipping for only 210