Display Modes Thread Tools
KinZee
Everyday I see my Dream
Subtract from KinZee's ReputationAdd to KinZee's Reputation KinZee is a novice
12-13-2009

do it & report back!

lolol

XBL: K I N Z E E E E

:: Intel i7 860 @ 4.2Ghz :: Corsair H80 + Push/Pull Panaflos :: EVGA P55 FTW :: 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 @ 2000mhz :: XFX 4870 1GB 850/1100 ::
3x OCZ Vertex 30GB RAID0 :: WD 1TB Blue :: PC P&C 750W Quad Silencer :: Rocketfish :: Samsung 2233SW + Asus VH226H :: Logitech Z4's :: MX Revolution :: G15 :: Windows 7 x64
Tobes
don't wanna meet ya daddy
Subtract from Tobes's ReputationAdd to Tobes's Reputation Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000
12-13-2009

I wouldn't do it. One of these guys showed up at my house one day too, offered what sounded like awesome internet, TV, and phone to my parents. Being completely uneducated about this sort of thing, they accepted. I'm supposed to have a 20 meg connection, yet I lag on on XBL, and "server could not be found" (or whatever FF says) is a common sight in my browser. f.ck AT&t. I'm still trying to convince them to go back to Charter.

No, he didn't smell like cabbage.
bjorn_248
Bumbling Buffoon
Subtract from bjorn_248's ReputationAdd to bjorn_248's Reputation bjorn_248 is bustin' chills and getting paided bjorn_248 is bustin' chills and getting paided bjorn_248 is bustin' chills and getting paided bjorn_248 is bustin' chills and getting paided bjorn_248 is bustin' chills and getting paided bjorn_248 is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to bjorn_248 Send a message via Skype™ to bjorn_248
12-14-2009

I wouldn't go for it. As far as I know, T1 is the method (which eventually effects the bandwidth) in which information is encoded in the line. If he said you're only getting T1, you're basically getting limited by that data rate. I don't really know what I'm talking about, so please be friendly about correcting me =).

Also, this makes it even more amazing to me how ridiculous the connection here at my school is. I download files anywhere from 2MB/s (megabytes) to 20MB/s and upload them at 37MB/s (this is only for mediafire...I have no idea why). Whenever I upload files to anywhere else, the speed is around 20Mbps (Megabits). The craziest thing is, the University of Florida is a huge school with a huge campus and a sh.tton of people using the internet here, yet I still get those speeds. I can basically download 4 things on 4 separate devices at 12MB/s, and still play halo with no lag at all (I have done this). Honestly, it's the best internet connection I have ever witnessed. Need proof?

[IMG][/IMG]
Errare humanum est

Atiemark <3

Mac Encoding

Render Farm

IRC Server

ENCODING PROGRAM
low strife
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from low strife's ReputationAdd to low strife's Reputation low strife is a novice
12-14-2009

On shared college internet, you very often find that your upload speed is far higher than your download speed. Of the plethora of bandwidth being used, download is obviously going to be higher than upload. And because they almost always have a symmetrical line (T3, OC3 or maybe OC12 if it's nearish to a city or a rich college), upload will be much less unused.

As for the OP, why the f..k would a police station need a direct connection to the node of an ISP? Even then, I highly doubt the line would go much faster than 1gbps (they might have multiple 1-gig lines, but even then, I don't think total bandwidth would surpass 10gbps). There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, there is always some chokepoint (either it's bad peering, your bandwidth cap, or bandwidth caps set by the server).
↓↓Download all Montage Contest 2 Videos in one location!↓↓

↓↓Download a massive collection of Halo videos here!↓↓

Gage
VIP just not in the group
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
12-14-2009

I don't know why they need it... but they have it.
I will talk to him again later and clarify.