Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
xX SYF Xx
Level 15
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 247
Subtract from xX SYF Xx's ReputationAdd to xX SYF Xx's Reputation xX SYF Xx is a novice
#31
11-03-2006
Default

love does exits cuz its an emotion and as for it being perfect....well...ppl say a lot about love good and bad. imo if the "love" is mutual then u are deffinetly riding a high cloud.....but if you cant go any higher then theres only one place u can go and thats down....so love is awesome but love can hurt you as well. so i guess love isnt perfect because it can hurt you


[youtubesig]eL9t3C-DIDI[/youtubesig][youtubesig]ccWrbGEFgI8[/youtubesig]

Quote:
me say you balls is small, me say you voice is high, me say you a 48 in hardcore with 20 accounts kys
^^^ AcKTioN getn ownd

send FR to lx AnC13nT xl 4 customs =)
customs > matchmaking
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Lammie's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: dazed and confused
Posts: 6,063
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
#32
11-03-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX SYF Xx View Post
love does exits cuz its an emotion and as for it being perfect....well...ppl say a lot about love good and bad. imo if the "love" is mutual then u are deffinetly riding a high cloud.....but if you cant go any higher then theres only one place u can go and thats down....so love is awesome but love can hurt you as well. so i guess love isnt perfect because it can hurt you
Do you think that emotions are substantial enough as a concept to be considered "real"? Aren't they, as Gooses said, merely chemical reactions?
Thank you.




Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Lammie's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: dazed and confused
Posts: 6,063
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
#33
11-03-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcontrall View Post
lets see if lammie will actually respond to my WHOLE post, or just quote me and not respond to anything but throwing insults my way.
<Sigh.> I've replied to every concept you've presented me. If you think I have missed something that I should reply to, please post it again and I will either make a reply or quote myself where I replied to that.

For the record, after reading your little spout with Kali, I'd hope you understand that you were the one who started the arguement between me and you.

P.S.- Kali, I seem to remember you saying you were an athiest, is that true?
Thank you.




Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
KaLi
Level 14
KaLi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 218
Subtract from KaLi's ReputationAdd to KaLi's Reputation KaLi is a novice
#34
11-03-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammie View Post
<Sigh.> I've replied to every concept you've presented me. If you think I have missed something that I should reply to, please post it again and I will either make a reply or quote myself where I replied to that.

For the record, after reading your little spout with Kali, I'd hope you understand that you were the one who started the arguement between me and you.

P.S.- Kali, I seem to remember you saying you were an athiest, is that true?
Yeah, sorry about the argument.

But yes, I consider myself a weak atheist.

Last edited by KaLi; 11-03-2006 at 06:33 AM.
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Lammie's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: dazed and confused
Posts: 6,063
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
#35
11-03-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLi View Post
Yeah, sorry about the argument.

But yes, I consider myself a weak atheist.
Hmm.

Do you have AIM? If you do, I'll get on and we can chat it up.
Thank you.




Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Rebal771's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Liverpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,256
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
#36
11-03-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammie View Post
I'm posting this here because the people in this section are more intelligent than the people in the regular debate section. Ben or Eric, you could move this later if you'd like, but I'd really appreciate that it stay in Religion Debate until at least after this weekend.

I'm writing an essay on the nature of love and basically explaining how its existence is questionable in the first place and certainly not necessary assuming it does exist. I'd like some help formulating concise arguements against love.

Right now I'm arguing that society makes love out to be too perfect of a goal to ever be fully achieved in the way it's described.

Any thoughts on love that you have, feel free to put down.
Ok...I thought I might diversify this thread a little bit.

You know...actually ANSWER the question...rather than sit here and argue with contra...lol. BTW...dude...let me just put it bluntly. Contra...you're a smart guy...but your grammar sucks. And when that sucks...your opinion sounds clouded, misleading, or down right ignorant to us. I'm sure you mean well and all...but it's hard to understand you sometimes......or if it's not, and it means exactly what I'm reading...then you say some stupid stuff.

Either way...he's doing homework...and you're arguing with him. Do you need to prove a point? Cause I don't think now is the time. Wait until another thread comes up or something.

(Will edit in a sec...gotta change computers.)

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,428
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
#37
11-03-2006
Default

I got too upset last night with Lammie. Yes I dont have the best grammer because I am to lazy to grammer/spell check my posts. I will from now on. Anyways thats all my bad.
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Lammie's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: dazed and confused
Posts: 6,063
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
#38
11-03-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcontrall View Post
I got too upset last night with Lammie. Yes I dont have the best grammer because I am to lazy to grammer/spell check my posts. I will from now on. Anyways thats all my bad.
Don't worry about it, but I don't want you to feel like I was avoiding responding to your comments. Is there anything you wanted me to respond to?
Thank you.




Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
xX SYF Xx
Level 15
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 247
Subtract from xX SYF Xx's ReputationAdd to xX SYF Xx's Reputation xX SYF Xx is a novice
#39
11-03-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammie View Post
Do you think that emotions are substantial enough as a concept to be considered "real"? Aren't they, as Gooses said, merely chemical reactions?
its really hard to say cuz wen was the last time u saw a dog cry? never happens but they can do it.....so yes i do think theyre real cuz your mind creates it and everyone can relate to it. but on a more tech. note yes it is just chemicals in your body


[youtubesig]eL9t3C-DIDI[/youtubesig][youtubesig]ccWrbGEFgI8[/youtubesig]

Quote:
me say you balls is small, me say you voice is high, me say you a 48 in hardcore with 20 accounts kys
^^^ AcKTioN getn ownd

send FR to lx AnC13nT xl 4 customs =)
customs > matchmaking
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off