Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
NorCalRox
Level 12
Subtract from NorCalRox's ReputationAdd to NorCalRox's Reputation NorCalRox is a novice
11-01-2006
Default Should We Keep "Under God" In The Pledge?

In 2002, the Pledge of Allegiance was considered "unconstitutional" because it had "under God" in it. People believe the pledge seems to force one to believe in God, and that it contradicts with the 1st Amendment. The pro-pledgers believe that the "God" in the pledge isn't necessarily the Christian God, but can be considered your own personal God, whether it be Muslim, or Hindu, or whatever you believe. Especially since recent polls imply that 80-90 percent of Americans believe in a God in one form or another.

Give me 3 reasons (more if you like) on why we should or should not keep "under God" in the pledge.

Llama
Look at Clock
Subtract from Llama's ReputationAdd to Llama's Reputation Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000 Llama IS OVER 9000
11-01-2006

There are a couple of threads on this topic. I say just let the people say it, if they please. If they don't, then they can just step outside. I personally don't think it's a big deal. People just make it into a big deal.

Anyways, you don't live in NorCal. I effing live in Nor Cal. (where are you from?)
I GaRbAg3 MaN I
Level 45
Subtract from I GaRbAg3 MaN I's ReputationAdd to I GaRbAg3 MaN I's Reputation I GaRbAg3 MaN I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I GaRbAg3 MaN I
11-02-2006

I = Atheist, and as a atheist I find it ridiculous that people actually argue over this subject. Who the fuck cares, its not a bid deal, its 2 words. If you dont want to say them then don't. Its your own choice, just get it off the fucking ballot. Its a waste of voters time.
Darth Hulk
Level 34
Subtract from Darth Hulk's ReputationAdd to Darth Hulk's Reputation Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Darth Hulk Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Hulk Send a message via Skype™ to Darth Hulk
11-02-2006

If they want it in, then that's fine, however it should immediately relinquish everyone in this country from ever being compelled to say it if they don't feel like saying it.

TMNT
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
11-02-2006

1. It wasn't there before.

2. It wasn't there before.

3. IT WASN'T THERE BEFORE.

Elmo <3
Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
11-02-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon View Post
1. It wasn't there before.

2. It wasn't there before.

3. IT WASN'T THERE BEFORE.
^True.

I wish it could stay on there...but if people are offended by it...then the government needs to take it off.

Then again...I'm pretty sure the Federal Reserve is privately owned...and they print the money (or so I was taught). So we may not get a say in the matter...one way or the other.

Either way...I don't really care if it stays on the money. It's not like it's God's most valuable treasure...or anything.

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
11-02-2006

I could care less on this one. More important fish to fry for the government.

As for this forum, yes it shouldn't be on there. Separation of church and state. Plus what god wants currency labeled with a reference to them?

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
11-02-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
I could care less on this one. More important fish to fry for the government.

As for this forum, yes it shouldn't be on there. Separation of church and state. Plus what god wants currency labeled with a reference to them?
I know, right??

Like...he doesn't even get his picture on it or anything...it just says his name in print...while some Dbag-ex-president gets to show his face to everyone.

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
11-02-2006

i personally dont think it should be in there....but i really dont care.

i am an atheist and i still say under god
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
11-02-2006

It messes up the whole rhythm... But it certainly shouldn't be a focus. It was put in in response to those "godless communists", but that isn't really an issue now. The only thing is that some people might get carried away. It's practically a crime to wish people a merry Christmas in public. Happy Holidays, it's more politically correct. Bah... Politic Correctness needs to take a long walk off of a short universe.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar