Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
04-11-2006

[QUOTE=ganksta child]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exp10s10n
i think the difference between us and apes as far as DNA goes is 99.4 percent and look how different we are.QUOTE]

Just to let you know, our closest animal in terms of DNA is the chicken.

Ganksta. . . . the chicken?

And seriously. . . what do I do with Ala Baba back there? This is so far out there that it is funny to me and I have a hard time banning him

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Ala akba
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Ala akba's ReputationAdd to Ala akba's Reputation Ala akba is a novice
04-11-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
This is so far out there that it is funny to me and I have a hard time banning him
For your kindness you will be spared.

Death to all Americans!
the educat0r
Level 22
Subtract from the educat0r's ReputationAdd to the educat0r's Reputation the educat0r is a novice
Send a message via AIM to the educat0r
04-11-2006

Oh well, my science book is wrong. Sorry about the chicken post.

Ala abka, go die. Your first post was, I live terrorism and Americans die. Completely off topic = spamming.
Exp10s10n
The 9th Level of Hell
Subtract from Exp10s10n's ReputationAdd to Exp10s10n's Reputation Exp10s10n is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Exp10s10n
04-11-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganksta child
Oh well, my science book is wrong. Sorry about the chicken post.

Ala abka, go die. Your first post was, I live terrorism and Americans die. Completely off topic = spamming.
well at least he was off topic in the off topic section

Captain 67
Yarrrr
Subtract from Captain 67's ReputationAdd to Captain 67's Reputation Captain 67 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Captain 67
04-11-2006

[QUOTE=MarkedAchilles]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganksta child

Ganksta. . . . the chicken?

And seriously. . . what do I do with Ala Baba back there? This is so far out there that it is funny to me and I have a hard time banning him
Sure you have a problem...I don't

Come blow me up.
:boat:
ReVeLaTioN
Level 25
Subtract from ReVeLaTioN's ReputationAdd to ReVeLaTioN's Reputation ReVeLaTioN is a novice
04-11-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Not all of them went to extinct. There are many out there still around.

As for humans, we were just better than those. As the apes you see now were better than the other apes.

But we did not come from monkeys. We both shared a common ancestor and split from that.
Where are all of these 'link','lucy', creatures you guys speak of? All I've seen of them is digitally animated pictures that claim to 'model' what they think the animal might have been like. I didnt know they were still running around - sarcasm.

I'm starting to get extremely sick of these debates...they go no where. However, I would like to ask the athiests in this debate a question. Why are they debating. If they convince us, then nothing else happens. Nothing more then what would happen to us normally (in there eyes). Our lives might be more 'free' (from the athiests POV) but nothing would happen that wasnt already going to happen (after we die, according to the athiests...). In contrast, the reason the christians debate is this. 1. God says to spread his word and witness. 2. If we convert you guys, you will go to heaven instead of hell (and live a more enriched life, but thats beside the point...).

I was just thinking about that today and wanted to see what your opinions on it were.
A man's errors are his portals of discovery. -- James Joyce
ScW_Sparky
Level 28
Subtract from ScW_Sparky's ReputationAdd to ScW_Sparky's Reputation ScW_Sparky is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ScW_Sparky
04-11-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeLaTioN
I'm starting to get extremely sick of these debates...they go no where. However, I would like to ask the athiests in this debate a question. Why are they debating. If they convince us, then nothing else happens. Nothing more then what would happen to us normally (in there eyes). Our lives might be more 'free' (from the athiests POV) but nothing would happen that wasnt already going to happen (after we die, according to the athiests...). In contrast, the reason the christians debate is this. 1. God says to spread his word and witness. 2. If we convert you guys, you will go to heaven instead of hell (and live a more enriched life, but thats beside the point...).

I was just thinking about that today and wanted to see what your opinions on it were.
Of course they go no where. What did you expect? People are way to stubborn to give up their beliefs.

As for the athiest thing... My reason for debating is to help people. It makes people actually think (which is a good thing ).

A couple questions about why you debate... You debate to spread his word and to make him known right? I'm pretty sure everyone has heard and knows a little bit about God so what are you accomplishing? Everything I've seen you post seems to either be criticizing evolution or the big bang or give bull shit reasons why God exists (example: your miracle thread) so you don't seem to be spreading his word very well anyways. The second reason is to try and convert us. Instead of forcing information down our throats and trying to make us sheep, why don't you let us decide whether or not we believe in God? I know for a fact that some people refuse to beleive in God because of the fact that so many people try and force them to. Also how many people have you converted on H2F?

www.myspace.com/sparkyrapes

[youtubesig]VV6In1K8zKk[/youtubesig]
ReVeLaTioN
Level 25
Subtract from ReVeLaTioN's ReputationAdd to ReVeLaTioN's Reputation ReVeLaTioN is a novice
04-11-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScW_Sparky
Of course they go no where. What did you expect? People are way to stubborn to give up their beliefs.

As for the athiest thing... My reason for debating is to help people. It makes people actually think (which is a good thing ).

A couple questions about why you debate... You debate to spread his word and to make him known right? I'm pretty sure everyone has heard and knows a little bit about God so what are you accomplishing? Everything I've seen you post seems to either be criticizing evolution or the big bang or give bull shit reasons why God exists (example: your miracle thread) so you don't seem to be spreading his word very well anyways. The second reason is to try and convert us. Instead of forcing information down our throats and trying to make us sheep, why don't you let us decide whether or not we believe in God? I know for a fact that some people refuse to beleive in God because of the fact that so many people try and force them to. Also how many people have you converted on H2F?
You made some good points in that post...The reason why I seem to be "craming" it down your throats is because I just don't understand how people can be so ignorant. I just don't understand. If you had experienced how great God is and how much he can and does do for people you would probably do the same thing. I doubt I have converted any people on H2F (because there is about 15 tops that are consistently in this section) but I have however made an example for other out spoken christians. Maybe if fellow christians see me speaking out on God's behalf then they might want to jump in too. The right debating strengthen's ones faith.

BTW, I did convert someone in this section. It wasnt about Christianity but I converted i think 2 people about the false Pangea theory...in my opinion the only time I have actually beaten MarkedAchilles (he claims otherwise).
the educat0r
Level 22
Subtract from the educat0r's ReputationAdd to the educat0r's Reputation the educat0r is a novice
Send a message via AIM to the educat0r
04-11-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeLaTioN
You made some good points in that post...The reason why I seem to be "craming" it down your throats is because I just don't understand how people can be so ignorant. I just don't understand. If you had experienced how great God is and how much he can and does do for people you would probably do the same thing. I doubt I have converted any people on H2F (because there is about 15 tops that are consistently in this section) but I have however made an example for other out spoken christians. Maybe if fellow christians see me speaking out on God's behalf then they might want to jump in too. The right debating strengthen's ones faith.

BTW, I did convert someone in this section. It wasnt about Christianity but I converted i think 2 people about the false Pangea theory...in my opinion the only time I have actually beaten MarkedAchilles (he claims otherwise).
I am one of them. I was strongly considering the pangea theory, but he changed that quick.
ReVeLaTioN
Level 25
04-11-2006

In answer to whoever was asking me the questions...

Anyway, I came on h2f to learn a little more about a video game I like....then I discover a thread, full of athiests telling lies and mistruths about the bible and our lord. That is the only reason I started and continue to debate this stuff...