Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
11-29-2009

Best external HD deal?

At least 500GB.
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Best external HD deal?

At least 500GB.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148404

Only because of WD's Advanced RMA process.
Al's sweet ass

Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
11-29-2009

I see lots of deals at dell. I saw a 1tb external for $80 last week.

Put Slickdeals.net as a bookmark, they post so much great stuff on there.

Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
11-30-2009

Top one is looking good.

640GB for 70, free shipping. I want it to keep movies on, would something like a 640GB external be good for that?
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
11-30-2009

Quote:
Top one is looking good.

640GB for 70, free shipping. I want it to keep movies on, would something like a 640GB external be good for that?
Depends on how many movies you plan on DLing and what quality. I personally use a 2TB for movies because, well, I need it for how many I have and the HD quality I DL. If you only DL AVI files then yes, you have room for like 600+ movies in there.
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
11-30-2009

Quote:
Top one is looking good.

Yup.

640GB = 9.14GB per dollar
1.5TB = 15GB per dollar

For $30 more, I'd get the 1.5TB. It's good future proofing (for Blu Ray, when that diffuses widely), or if you just DL a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii load of movies / high res movies.
Al's sweet ass

Delay
Level 44
11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
Depends on how many movies you plan on DLing and what quality. I personally use a 2TB for movies because, well, I need it for how many I have and the HD quality I DL. If you only DL AVI files then yes, you have room for like 600+ movies in there.
I was planning on burning movies straight from DVDs and putting them on the external. But I only have about 100ish movies.
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
11-30-2009

Quote:
I was planning on burning movies straight from DVDs and putting them on the external. But I only have about 100ish movies.
100x4GB=400GB.

The 640GB will suffice, unless you need >240GB spare.
Al's sweet ass

Delay
Level 44
11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSlayer View Post
100x4GB=400GB.

The 640GB will suffice, unless you need >240GB spare.
Yeah. I'm actually seeing some good <100 deals on 1TB, I'll post them here in a few.