Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
06-05-2009

Make sure you have the fans set to 35%-45% or you'll melt your mobo. At least, that is how it goes with 4870s...
Al's sweet ass

Useful Idiot
I know you want this body
Subtract from Useful Idiot's ReputationAdd to Useful Idiot's Reputation Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica
06-05-2009

Well, I am going from a fanless (heatsink) card to this, so I'm probably just not used to it. It's not really loud, just relatively compared to my old one.

'00 Electric Green GT:
SCT X3 Flashed, BBK CAI, BBK Headers, O/R X Pipe, Cat Delete, MagnaPacks, T-45 Trans, Ford Racing 4.10s, Eibach Sportline Springs, Black 18" Saleen Wheels, 275/35 NT555s, Xentec HIDs
Build List:
Slotted Brembos w/ Hawk HPS Pads & SS Lines
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
06-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useful Idiot View Post
Well, I am going from a fanless (heatsink) card to this, so I'm probably just not used to it. It's not really loud, just relatively compared to my old one.
How's everything going then? And what parts do you still need?
Al's sweet ass

Useful Idiot
Subtract from Useful Idiot's ReputationAdd to Useful Idiot's Reputation Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica
06-06-2009

I'm getting ready to order my case, board, and CPU here soon. The free shipping got dropped from the case, so I'm waiting to see it they'll bring it back. Not going to do me any good ordering on a weekend, anyways. I'll get the CPU cooler, RAM and other miscellaneous stuff (few case fans, AS5, etc.) next week. Then the main build will be complete. I'm thinking about getting another 4850 (or maybe something better) in a month or so and doing some CrossFiring.

'00 Electric Green GT:
SCT X3 Flashed, BBK CAI, BBK Headers, O/R X Pipe, Cat Delete, MagnaPacks, T-45 Trans, Ford Racing 4.10s, Eibach Sportline Springs, Black 18" Saleen Wheels, 275/35 NT555s, Xentec HIDs
Build List:

Last edited by Useful Idiot; 06-06-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
06-06-2009

Quote:
I'm getting ready to order my case, board, and CPU here soon. The free shipping got dropped from the case, so I'm waiting to see it they'll bring it back. Not going to do me any good ordering on a weekend, anyways. I'll get the CPU cooler, RAM and other miscellaneous stuff (few case fans, AS5, etc.) next week. Then the main build will be complete. I'm thinking about getting another 4850 (or maybe something better) in a month or so and doing some CrossFiring.
Are you doing so much gaming that the power of CF is worth the cost?
Al's sweet ass

Useful Idiot
06-06-2009

Possibly. I'm gonna see what I can do with what I am getting first. I picked up a pretty good power supply and motherboard in case I do get into a decent about of gaming.

'00 Electric Green GT:
Build List:
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
06-06-2009

Quote:
Possibly. I'm gonna see what I can do with what I am getting first. I picked up a pretty good power supply and motherboard in case I do get into a decent about of gaming.
Make sure you post here... and get into CS:S.
Al's sweet ass

Useful Idiot
06-06-2009

Is the E6300 worth the $13 more for the higher FSB speeds and Virtualization Technology Support?

'00 Electric Green GT:
Build List:
II Dark Fury II
14,000 Feet.
Subtract from II Dark Fury II's ReputationAdd to II Dark Fury II's Reputation II Dark Fury II is a novice
Send a message via AIM to II Dark Fury II
06-06-2009

this might answer it? i would go for it, because for $13 more you get 300 more MHZ

EDIT: lol @ the picture, thought it was the E6300 Core 2 Duo not the pentium
Useful Idiot
06-06-2009

Should be about the some for OC'ing, right? Same voltages and what not. I'm looking to get 3.5GHz or out of it.

'00 Electric Green GT:
Build List: