Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Useful Idiot
I know you want this body
Subtract from Useful Idiot's ReputationAdd to Useful Idiot's Reputation Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica
05-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSlayer View Post
^ Math Fail.

$54.99-$36.99=$18

That money would be best spent on something else.

^ Math Fail.

All insults on the both of us for not noticing the price tags aside, Staying with the CPU that you are RMA'ing seems like the smart choice. OC'ing it is also a good idea. Dark Fury can recommend you a good AMD CPU cooler that shouldn't be more then $20 and will easily give it better clocks then the stock clock's of the Windsor. Or, you could stick with what you have and get a small OC. Not what I would recommend, but it is your call.

I especially recommend getting a cooler if you'll go with the DDR2 800 for $35.99 that I suggested which you'll hopefully OC to 1066 if you purchase.

The 2MB L2 cache is important though. That 1MB boost would've made a difference when playing games...
Yeah, after shipping the RMA would cost me ~$26. Then the Windsor is $20 more, so like a $46 difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedLinE View Post
Useful, you're getting most of what I have gotten.

But the PSU should be a single +12V Rail...Go with Corsair or PC Power & Cooling...You can get a 500W for like 70$ I do think.

Newegg is having a sale on the GIGABYTE MA790X-UD4P with the Phenom II X4 940, which is what I've got....for like $230.
I want to just get a Phenom, but it's out of my price range. Maybe sometime down the road. One of the reasons I'm getting a board that supports AM3. Only thing I've bought so far is the video card and processor, so I'm still thinking about the other stuff.

'00 Electric Green GT:
SCT X3 Flashed, BBK CAI, BBK Headers, O/R X Pipe, Cat Delete, MagnaPacks, T-45 Trans, Ford Racing 4.10s, Eibach Sportline Springs, Black 18" Saleen Wheels, 275/35 NT555s, Xentec HIDs
Build List:
Slotted Brembos w/ Hawk HPS Pads & SS Lines
II Dark Fury II
14,000 Feet.
Subtract from II Dark Fury II's ReputationAdd to II Dark Fury II's Reputation II Dark Fury II is a novice
Send a message via AIM to II Dark Fury II
05-30-2009

just to throw this out here, a Phenom build is only 50-100bucks cheaper than an i7 build.
low strife
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from low strife's ReputationAdd to low strife's Reputation low strife is a novice
05-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Dark Fury II View Post
just to throw this out here, a Phenom build is only 50-100bucks cheaper than an i7 build.
It all depends what kind of deal you can get on the i7. If you can get it for $190 at Microcenter, then it's $50-100 pricier. If you can't, then it's around $200 more expensive.
↓↓Download all Montage Contest 2 Videos in one location!↓↓

↓↓Download a massive collection of Halo videos here!↓↓

Useful Idiot
Subtract from Useful Idiot's ReputationAdd to Useful Idiot's Reputation Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica
05-30-2009

Either way, it's out of my budget. I hear you can recommend me a cheap AMD CPU cooler, Fury.

'00 Electric Green GT:
SCT X3 Flashed, BBK CAI, BBK Headers, O/R X Pipe, Cat Delete, MagnaPacks, T-45 Trans, Ford Racing 4.10s, Eibach Sportline Springs, Black 18" Saleen Wheels, 275/35 NT555s, Xentec HIDs
Build List:
low strife
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from low strife's ReputationAdd to low strife's Reputation low strife is a novice
05-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useful Idiot View Post
Either way, it's out of my budget. I hear you can recommend me a cheap AMD CPU cooler, Fury.
You only need one if you're overclocking or you're getting a BE chip (which doesn't come with a cooler).
↓↓Download all Montage Contest 2 Videos in one location!↓↓

↓↓Download a massive collection of Halo videos here!↓↓

Useful Idiot
05-31-2009

I don't know jock about overclocking, but I am interested. I've read its pretty simply to do.

'00 Electric Green GT:
Build List:
xRedLinE
Level 16
Subtract from xRedLinE's ReputationAdd to xRedLinE's Reputation xRedLinE is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xRedLinE Send a message via MSN to xRedLinE
05-31-2009

It's done through the BIOS menu....Just set your clocks to something.

Also, you my cpu cooler came stock with mine..idk if yours did.

Phenom II X4 BE 940 3.0Ghz │ MA790X-UD4PEVGA GTX260 C216WD SE16 500GBLG22X DVD/CD Burner PC P&C 750WG.Skill 1066Mhz 4GB2x Yate Loon 120mm Blue LEDRazer DeathAdderSaitek EclipseAntec 300 Sennheiser HD555Samsung T220 & a Dell 19" Astro A40 Mixamp

CUTEST THING EVARRR
Useful Idiot
05-31-2009

Yeah, it came with one, but is not important to get an aftermarket one when OC'ing?

'00 Electric Green GT:
Build List:
xRedLinE
Level 16
Subtract from xRedLinE's ReputationAdd to xRedLinE's Reputation xRedLinE is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xRedLinE Send a message via MSN to xRedLinE
05-31-2009

I thought you said you weren't overclocking?

Phenom II X4 BE 940 3.0Ghz │ MA790X-UD4PEVGA GTX260 C216WD SE16 500GBLG22X DVD/CD Burner PC P&C 750WG.Skill 1066Mhz 4GB2x Yate Loon 120mm Blue LEDRazer DeathAdderSaitek EclipseAntec 300 Sennheiser HD555Samsung T220 & a Dell 19" Astro A40 Mixamp

CUTEST THING EVARRR
Useful Idiot
05-31-2009

I said I'd be interested in dabbling with it.

'00 Electric Green GT:
Build List: