Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
09-02-2012
Default The longest hours of my life.

Don't know where else to vent about this....

On Thursday afternoon I was walking home from the train station to my apartment. I had plans to hang out with my little sister Ashley's boyfriend Greg, so I called her. We were small-talking and cracking jokes when I heard her drop her phone. A few seconds passed, and I thought she might have broken it. I listened closely and heard someone yell "call an ambulance!". My heart dropped when I realized I had no idea where she was, and could have been in midtown manhattan around her job or college. The only choice I had was to sprint home and see if anyone in my family knew where she was.

I was half an avenue away. 15 seconds of running. Then I saw the crowd.

There were 100+ people on my corner, huddled around a wrecked minivan, women screaming and crying everywhere I looked. I pushed through the crowd and saw my sister behind the van in a puddle of her own blood, being held by my neighbor Christina. Her breathing was so faint, all she could do was moan and grab at our hands in fear. I kept yelling her name, begging for her to keep fighting. She didn't recognize me or my voice, and eventually lost consciousness. I lifted her onto a stretcher with two firefighters while my neighbors tried to explain to my aunt and uncles what happened. My cousin Bianca had fainted, and my other family members weren't doing much better. I did all I could to reassure them that Ashley would be fine before the ambulance doors closed.

The paramedics did everything they could to keep her stable before we reached the emergency room. They rushed her off as I watched 10-20 medical staff swarm around her. I did everything I could to reach my mother, but she had left on vacation that morning, and was still airborne heading to Florida. I stood on the sidewalk, bathed in my sister's blood....helpless. I've never been more afraid. She didn't deserve this. I'd have done anything to put myself in her place.

This was Thursday at 6PM. It took them over an hour to stabilize her, but thanks to God, or whoever was looking out for my sister, she made it. Ashley is still in critical condition. She has two collapsed lungs, a broken pelvis, four broken ribs, a laceration to her liver, over 50 stitches between her eyelid, skull, elbows, etc. No internal bleeding. No brain trauma. I feel as if I have so much to be thankful for, so many people I am indebted to forever. The nightmare is over, and as my family moves towards the future, all I care about is making sure she has a better life then ever before.

A woman ran a red light, struck the back of a volunteer ambulette minivan, which fishtailed, jumped the curb and send my sister flying into a 4 foot tall metal station. It has two latches, and two buttons. One set for the fire department, and one for the police. Ashley hit it so hard it lifted out of the concrete and caved in completely. My neighbor Peter (whom I met that day) made sure that all of his friends who witnessed it wrote statements, and ensured that the police obtained the right security footage to decipher what happened. I owe him so much.

Ashley started speaking again this morning. Her memory is foggy from all the morphine, but when she heard what happened, her response was "holy crap" and a laugh. She's my hero. I'll never let a day pass by again without being grateful for her, my family, my friends. You could be gone in the blink of an eye. I've been altered in a way I can never reverse. My appreciation for life itself is deeper then I could have ever imagined. The next few months of my life will be dedicated to bringing that driver to justice, and making sure my sister gets every dime she deserves.

It's only been three days, and I suppose I'm still in shock, but I am grateful. Hearing her speak again made me the happiest I have ever felt in my life. If you gain anything from reading this, I hope it's an appreciation for the ones you love. Never take them, nor anything for granted.
myzo
Spamming Noob
Subtract from myzo's ReputationAdd to myzo's Reputation myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000 myzo IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to myzo
09-02-2012

Dude.

I don't even man.

Stay strong dude.

Glad she is hanging in there.

Sent from my iPhone using faggotry 2.
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
09-02-2012

Sorry to hear that, Smutt. How did your mom take the news? She fly right back?
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
09-02-2012

<3

justice will be served, i'm happy that your sister wasn't robbed of life
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
Marzo
Level 30
Subtract from Marzo's ReputationAdd to Marzo's Reputation Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Marzo wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
09-02-2012

I'm so glad that your sister made it. There are some really stupid drivers. The fact that your sister pulled through, and that you did emotionally, is amazing. I wish luck to you and your family.

"Praise the Lard!"
HAble
Praying for tidal waves..
Subtract from HAble's ReputationAdd to HAble's Reputation HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000 HAble IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to HAble
09-02-2012

I was expecting a delayed plane / train story or something, damn was I wrong.

Crazy story, man. I hope it all turns out well and your family gets back on their feet
Xyox is gay
XYOX
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from XYOX's ReputationAdd to XYOX's Reputation XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000 XYOX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to XYOX
09-02-2012

Can't imagine that happening to my sister, ridiculous story. Fucking awesome that she pulled through, I hope you can bring the driver to justice and best of luck with everything man.
She only comes to me in my dreams
So sleep becomes routine
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

She only comes to me in my dreams

So sleep becomes addicting
It's not healthy, it's what makes you right
It's not healthy, it's what makes you...

Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
Sorry to hear that, Smutt. How did your mom take the news? She fly right back?
She found out on the runway as she landed and almost had a heart attack. Her boyfriend kept her sane, and the airline gave her a free ticket home. She flew back immediately and was in the hospital by 10PM, four hours after the accident.

The female driver who caused it tried to lie, after clearly being caught, with nearly 100 eye witnesses, and camera footage from three different angles. She was completely sober. Haven't seen her yet, she's in jail right now, but I'd love to look her in the eyes and know how she really feels about all of this. I won't say anything else about her until then.

The Daily News had three journalists collaborate to write a 4 paragraph article, in which they mistakenly blamed the ambulette driver for the entire thing. Said that he was racing to beat a red light, and that none of my sister's injuries were "life threatening". They couldn't have been more wrong.

Thank you guys. I'm staying strong for my family. Going to meet up with the detective assigned to our case tomorrow.
Tobes
don't wanna meet ya daddy
Subtract from Tobes's ReputationAdd to Tobes's Reputation Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000
09-02-2012

Pretty tough to read. I can't even imagine the complete overwhelming fear of possibly losing someone you love like that. Relieved to hear she's pulling through.
Thomasxp5
Art thou feeling it now?
Subtract from Thomasxp5's ReputationAdd to Thomasxp5's Reputation Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Thomasxp5 Send a message via MSN to Thomasxp5
09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuttny View Post
The Daily News had three journalists collaborate to write a 4 paragraph article, in which they mistakenly blamed the ambulette driver for the entire thing. Said that he was racing to beat a red light, and that none of my sister's injuries were "life threatening". They couldn't have been more wrong.
That is some bullshit.

WATCH MAI FINAL MAWNTAGE