Descope 16 57.14%
No Loadouts 24 85.71%
No Sprint 17 60.71%
Other 5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
02-26-2014

what if they would take a more realistic approach towards button glitches? I mean, we have assassination animations now. Why not make some kind of instant kill ''bxr'' animation that really comes down to who does it the fastest. idk.
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
piglet
lil p
Subtract from piglet's ReputationAdd to piglet's Reputation piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000
02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
what if they would take a more realistic approach towards button glitches? I mean, we have assassination animations now. Why not make some kind of instant kill ''bxr'' animation that really comes down to who does it the fastest. idk.
they could, but if 343 is even really receptive with how older players were disgruntled by their halo formula, i'm doubtful. halo 4 just seems to try to cater for too many people and ended up losing most of them in the process. not sure what to think about that game at all, really

that would be neat, seeing as they added on bungie's ideas with oddball/flag ones. just seems unlikely between their work and how many halo's have since been released without button glitches

Last edited by piglet; 02-26-2014 at 05:33 AM. Reason: i'm drunk thread
Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet View Post
they could, but if 343 is even really receptive with how older players were disgruntled by their halo formula, i'm doubtful. halo 4 just seems to try to cater for too many people and ended up losing most of them in the process. not sure what to think about that game at all, really

that would be neat, seeing as they added on bungie's ideas with oddball/flag ones. just seems unlikely between their work and how many halo's have since been released without button glitches
If you're talking about the pistol/ flag combo and playing football with the oddball Bungie should have kept those ideas to themselves.

The reason why button glitches worked so well was because it wasn't known to everybody from the start. When I first started playing I had no idea you could BxR, doubleshot or BxB or anything. It took playing with those upper tier players and getting into the competitive game types for me to learn them. But once you learned them you had to learn how to use them correctly. You had to BxR fast enough to kill your opponent, but too fast canceled the beatdown from causing damage. Doubleshotting took very precise timing, it wasn't just R-R-X. If you publicly add button combos it becomes part of the game from the start. People will just button mash those combos all day whether it's MLG National Champs or your first game in Team Slayer. It could work, and would be fun but it wouldn't work the same as H2 or H1. Imagine looking at your controls when you get Halo 5 and it says BXR, or instant kill, right on there. Weird.

EDIT: I really just want Halo to go back to it's simplistic roots. The more they add the more people leave.
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.

Last edited by Doodlepop; 02-26-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlepop View Post
The reason why button glitches worked so well was because it wasn't known to everybody from the start. When I first started playing I had no idea you could BxR, doubleshot or BxB or anything. It took playing with those upper tier players and getting into the competitive game types for me to learn them.
I think it could work if they would just make it really difficult to master the preciseness, timing, and distance from your opponent needed to win in a ''BxR battle''. Just because something is a stated possibility from the beginning like you said doesn't mean it's automatically easy to master.

For example: I've been played Mortal kombat a lot with friends lately and I still can't do most of the fatality's lol. And for those you can even pause the game and look up the exact way to do them. They can be very tricky button combo's, and so could those of H5 be I hope/think.
join the revolution.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Dutchy; 02-26-2014 at 09:51 AM.
LuckyDutch
Level 24
Subtract from LuckyDutch's ReputationAdd to LuckyDutch's Reputation LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000 LuckyDutch IS OVER 9000
02-26-2014

1. No loadouts
2. 1-50 ranks
3. No sprint
4. Button glitches
5. Clans

Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
02-26-2014

Quote:
I think it could work if they would just make it really difficult to master the preciseness, timing, and distance from your opponent needed to win in a ''BxR battle''. Just because something is a stated possibility from the beginning like you said doesn't mean it's automatically easy to master.

For example: I've been played Mortal kombat a lot with friends lately and I still can't do most of the fatality's lol. And for those you can even pause the game and look up the exact way to do them. They can be very tricky button combo's, and so could those of H5 be I hope/think.
Im not trying to say it's easy to master, just that the fact that you had to find out from others how to do it. That spread out the skill gap a lot if you ask me.
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.
Dkahre
Threshold
Subtract from Dkahre's ReputationAdd to Dkahre's Reputation Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000 Dkahre IS OVER 9000
Send a message via ICQ to Dkahre Send a message via Skype™ to Dkahre
02-26-2014

5.Super bouncing
4. Nade launching
3. Descope
2. No sprint
1. No loadouts
Kiko Mia
E93 カブリオレ
Subtract from Kiko Mia's ReputationAdd to Kiko Mia's Reputation Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000
02-26-2014

Scarecrow, thnx for all those beatuiful colours. This Multi Poll looks like THF is more active then ever!

Scarecrow
Vol So Hard!!!
Subtract from Scarecrow's ReputationAdd to Scarecrow's Reputation Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Scarecrow Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko Mia View Post
Scarecrow, thnx for all those beatuiful colours. This Multi Poll looks like THF is more active then ever!
Thank you! Im just trying to keep the talk of Halo alive <3
Support THF
Follow https://twitter.com/The_Halo_Forum
Like https://www.facebook.com/TheHaloForum
Sub https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloForumChannel
Watch http://www.twitch.tv/thehaloforum

Sub to me also :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScarecrowIzAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABUSEDGOAT View Post
IMaggot's footage is extremely solid, and Scarecrow has the clips almost no one else has.
Quote:
HaloMaggot and Scarecrow seem the be the dynamic duo if its about getting original clips :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by komoto5 View Post
ritchie(maggot) is fun to make fun of because he's fat and does cocaine and he overselpt at mlg dallas last year and jesse(scarecrow) well hes just hella tight
piglet
lil p
Subtract from piglet's ReputationAdd to piglet's Reputation piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000 piglet IS OVER 9000
02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlepop View Post
If you're talking about the pistol/ flag combo and playing football with the oddball Bungie should have kept those ideas to themselves.

The reason why button glitches worked so well was because it wasn't known to everybody from the start. When I first started playing I had no idea you could BxR, doubleshot or BxB or anything. It took playing with those upper tier players and getting into the competitive game types for me to learn them. But once you learned them you had to learn how to use them correctly. You had to BxR fast enough to kill your opponent, but too fast canceled the beatdown from causing damage. Doubleshotting took very precise timing, it wasn't just R-R-X. If you publicly add button combos it becomes part of the game from the start. People will just button mash those combos all day whether it's MLG National Champs or your first game in Team Slayer. It could work, and would be fun but it wouldn't work the same as H2 or H1. Imagine looking at your controls when you get Halo 5 and it says BXR, or instant kill, right on there. Weird.

EDIT: I really just want Halo to go back to it's simplistic roots. The more they add the more people leave.
nah i mean the flag/oddball-specific assassinations that 343 added onto bungie's introduction of them on reach. the oddball tossing does really defeat a lot of the strategy of what we know as oddball, though. if you couldn't play the ball before death without throwing it, i don't think you should be able to. being able to throw the oddball to where you might respawn after being killed with it is really counter-intuitive to the importance of holding/protecting it. predicting your teammmates/your respawn is skillful, but not really enough to defend that mechanic imo. the flagnum wasn't the worst idea, but the inability to drop (or disable this in gametype settings) is, it's almost like a punishment compared to the earlier games. not being able to drop the flag to put in shots or pass it is straight up dumb

i agree with the rest though, button combos heighten the skill ceiling. they add more possibility to individual skill and can turn around a lot of battles, which is great. as much as we'd love them to be re-introduced, it seems unlikely. not sure how they'd work in deliberate combos into a new-age fps like the first two games did accidentally. they seem to be taking their own path with things, but they're not totally out-of-sync with how their work has been received

Last edited by piglet; 02-26-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: sorting