Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
03-20-2011

WTF! did shogun even train for this fight or what!? and what's up cro cop twisting his legs when he gets knocked out? haha
WRC Aaron
Level 42
Subtract from WRC Aaron's ReputationAdd to WRC Aaron's Reputation WRC Aaron is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WRC Aaron
03-20-2011

lol

XBC - llAaronll
riot
Level 41
03-20-2011

I honestly think Jones is gonna have the belt for a while. I think someone with a strong ground game can take him out... I honestly think Machida would be able to take him

Shogun didn't even look the same way he did when he fought Liddell/ Machida

Last edited by riot; 03-20-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
03-20-2011

Jon Jones is just too much for anyone in the UFC. Too athletic, too creative, way too confident. He pulls the trigger when he has to, he can't be outwrestled. Unless somebody jumps off a cage to kick him in the face or submits him, he's gonna continue to rape all faces.

And honestly, he's got the longest reach in UFC history....it shows. Nobody can fight him normally, you've got to train for him like he's a 4000 year old dragon.
madmax89
Level 26
Subtract from madmax89's ReputationAdd to madmax89's Reputation madmax89 is a novice
03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuttny View Post
Jon Jones is just too much for anyone in the UFC. Too athletic, too creative, way too confident. He pulls the trigger when he has to, he can't be outwrestled. Unless somebody jumps off a cage to kick him in the face or submits him, he's gonna continue to rape all faces.

And honestly, he's got the longest reach in UFC history....it shows. Nobody can fight him normally, you've got to train for him like he's a 4000 year old dragon.
There needs to be a Silva vs Jones fight. This dude might be the only one who might take down Silva.
Derek SGR
American Psycho
Subtract from Derek SGR's ReputationAdd to Derek SGR's Reputation Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Derek SGR Send a message via Skype™ to Derek SGR
03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuttny View Post

Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, and Anderson Silva all have a very good chance. Don't believe the hype yet, he beat up an old guy with bad knees for the belt when was just out and out a better fighter in every way and he's young with no injuries. No only that, Jones has been in the ring three times as much as Shogun in the same time period. Shogun was out for nine months, not training. Jon Jones was training, then fighting, then training, then fighting, then training, then fighting, then training. He still hasn't had a real test of an opponent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiøT View Post
I honestly think Jones is gonna have the belt for a while. I think someone with a strong ground game can take him out... I honestly think Machida would be able to take him

Shogun didn't even look the same way he did when he fought Liddell/ Machida
OLD SHOGUN IS OLD. When he fought Liddell, Chuck was already washed up and done, Dana singed him for one more fight. Machida was the perfect loser in that situation. Shogun is essentially someone who perfectly countered Machida's style.

No offense meant, but a lot of you guys don't know jack sh.t when you think you do. The UFC isn't all the MMA there is guys. Now they Dana bought Strikeforce we can see some real HW and LHW matches.

Look at his opponents

Brad Brenar - Can
Carlos Eduardo - Can
Anythony Pina - Can
Ryan Verette - Can
Parker Porter - Can
Moyses Gabin - Can
Andre Gusmao - Can
Stephan Bonnar - First legitimate televised fight against a scrub/wash-up/nobody from TUF1. Bonnar hasn't won shit and after this loss they cut him, can.
Jake O'Brien - Who?
Matt Hamill -DQ'd. He was winning the fight but Hamill is still young himself and not nearly as good a wrestler and certainly not a good striker. Plus he's deaf, that's got to be a disadvantage during a fight.
Brandon Vera - Irrelevancy at it's finest. Too big and slow to be a LHW and to small and "weak" to be a HW
Vladimir Matyushenko - EU fighter, I got nothing on him.
Ryan Bader - Sub of the night on this one, people were hyping Ryan Bader coming into this fight if I remember and he isn't old and washed up but he's not established either.
Mauricio Rua - Fuckin' old.

---

---
*EVEN SHADOWS HAVE SHADOWS*
"I'm a living, fuckin, legend. The rest of y'all just walking dead" - Murs

Last edited by Derek SGR; 03-20-2011 at 02:29 PM.
WRC Aaron
Level 42
Subtract from WRC Aaron's ReputationAdd to WRC Aaron's Reputation WRC Aaron is a novice
Send a message via AIM to WRC Aaron
03-20-2011

Shut up. I train UFC ya don't know shit.
XBC - llAaronll
Derek SGR
American Psycho
Subtract from Derek SGR's ReputationAdd to Derek SGR's Reputation Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana Derek SGR taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Derek SGR Send a message via Skype™ to Derek SGR
03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl Aaron lx View Post
Shut up. I train UFC ya don't know sh.t.
Do you happen to go to Shoryuken.com and read their MMA thread? Train dat UFC is a fucking meme over there.

Also the UFC cut Cro-Cop after that loss last night, he really is garbage without his roids.

Speaking of roids, I'd really like for Josh Barnett to come to the UFC, I guess he can always go to Japan...

---

---
*EVEN SHADOWS HAVE SHADOWS*
"I'm a living, fuckin, legend. The rest of y'all just walking dead" - Murs
madmax89
Level 26
Subtract from madmax89's ReputationAdd to madmax89's Reputation madmax89 is a novice
03-20-2011

Sugar, this is Smuttny. You're fucking stupid.
riot
Level 41
03-20-2011

shogun is not old