Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
02-13-2011

I bet if fedor fought in the ufc he would get destroyed. well not destroyed, but he'd loose. its lame that he lost again but it happens ha, look at machid's.

I haven't seen the fight yet, and I wanna see arlovski get ko'd again lmao
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
02-13-2011

No matter how many times he lost, he'd stand a great chance at taking the UFC title. Machida can't be compared to Fedor. Lyoto went 10 fights without a loss, Fedor went 30. As if he didn't defeat UFC heavyweight champs in their prime. Several times.

Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovsky, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Not to mention how many people he dismantled in Pride. Four time world champion in Sambo, six time Russian Sambo champion, etc. A guy with that type of laundry list of achievements should just be allowed to fight on unless he chooses to stop.

I like big-foot, and yeah the second round was a nightmare for Fedor, but just let it go three rounds.

How many UFC fights continue even after someone's eye is totally fucked? Same for WEC. This isn't some random Heavyweight bout either. I understand that it might be considered preferential treatment for a doctor to look at his injury different because of who he is, but come on dude. Statistically speaking, he probably would have won that 3rd round. He's been under people bigger then Antonio Silva, and managed a win.

Maybe I'm being biased because he's my favorite fighter, but I'm the kind of fan who wants to see fights to the death. It's the Roman in me.

P.S. - Fedor, Overeem, Antonio Silva, Brett Rogers, Werdum, and a few more Strikeforce fighters would completely own UFC's heavyweight division.

Last edited by Smuttny; 02-13-2011 at 02:04 PM.
madmax89
Level 26
Subtract from madmax89's ReputationAdd to madmax89's Reputation madmax89 is a novice
02-13-2011

I blame Fedor's management M1. They have been sucking him dry for years. THey control everything he does and only set up fights that make them the most money without giving a shit whats best for him. Thats the reason that in the last years he would only have like 1 fight a year because they would spend all this fucking time looking for promotions who would actually be crazy or small enough to let M1 co promote their shit. Strikeforce agreed to this and so did Affliction before this. Small companies need fighters as big as Fedor so theyre willing to do this co promotion shit. UFC would never let that stand. They would never give co promotion rights in exchange for a fighter no matter how big or popular he is. They would only lose money in that. When Dana offered a contract to Fedor. It was for 5 million dollars a fight plus an immediate match with Brock Lesnar who was the champ at the time. The only thing they wouldnt give is co promotion rights to M1. That is why Fedor wasnt signed. 5 million dollars and an immediate title shot in the biggest promotion in the world would be amazing for Fedor and i gurantee he would have fucked Brock and would have become the champ. But none of that shit makes any money for M1 and being the selfish ass motherfuckers that they are, they refused, in the process fucking over Fedor and going with Strikeforce to make money for themselves. He needs to fucking leave their asses and go to UFC.
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax89 View Post
I blame Fedor's management M1. They have been sucking him dry for years. THey control everything he does and only set up fights that make them the most money without giving a sh.t whats best for him. Thats the reason that in the last years he would only have like 1 fight a year because they would spend all this f..king time looking for promotions who would actually be crazy or small enough to let M1 co promote their sh.t. Strikeforce agreed to this and so did Affliction before this. Small companies need fighters as big as Fedor so theyre willing to do this co promotion sh.t. UFC would never let that stand. They would never give co promotion rights in exchange for a fighter no matter how big or popular he is. They would only lose money in that. When Dana offered a contract to Fedor. It was for 5 million dollars a fight plus an immediate match with Brock Lesnar who was the champ at the time. The only thing they wouldnt give is co promotion rights to M1. That is why Fedor wasnt signed. 5 million dollars and an immediate title shot in the biggest promotion in the world would be amazing for Fedor and i gurantee he would have f..ked Brock and would have become the champ. But none of that sh.t makes any money for M1 and being the selfish ass motherf..kers that they are, they refused, in the process f..king over Fedor and going with Strikeforce to make money for themselves. He needs to f..king leave their asses and go to UFC.
I agree completely.

For anybody who doesn't know much about M1:

This is the tool representing his interests. Bullshit. He needs to manage his own career with his brothers and hop on the Dana train.
madmax89
Level 26
Subtract from madmax89's ReputationAdd to madmax89's Reputation madmax89 is a novice
02-13-2011

I just wanna say. Look back a bit to GSP vs Koscheck. Koscheck walked away with a broken orbital and a swelling that was the same if not worse. That fight went for 5 rounds. UFC doesnt stop pussy shit.
riot
Level 41
02-13-2011

Fedor got dominated!! I like him and all, but he was starting to get his ass kicked. he was doing good at first but, it seems like Silva found his rhythm and was just taking him out in the stand-up. The second round was pretty brutal though haha.

and Arlovski got knocked hard.

oh and I know Strikeforce has some good talent, but Brett Rogers? f..k no! Brett Rogers is garb. Fedor? hmmm, perhaps. Overeem? f..k yeah! I don't know why Dana hasn't offered him a contract yet. and Werdum is doing good I guess, we'll see after this tourney. I think he might deserve another shot at the UFC, he's 2-2?

I say before Fedor retires, he tries fighting at 205.

all in all though, it might just be Fedor who doesn't wanna fight anymore.

---

OH! when someone finds a pic of Arlovski out cold with his eyes wide open, post it!

and yeah, fuck Fedor's management! I totally agree with you on that.

Last edited by riot; 02-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.
riot
Level 41
02-23-2011

alright. since this thread has been so fkn dead for the last week or so, I got a q for you guys. if jones beats shogun, who will be jones' kryptonite (who would beat him)?

I hope shogun knocks the f..k out Jones first of all... but I think, I'd go with machida or rampage.

edit: who's streaming this Saturday?
madmax89
Level 26
02-23-2011

Im streaming like always. Jones will probably beat Shogun and as for who might be able to take him out, honestly i dont think anybody. Phil Davis is looking pretty good but i doubt he would handle Jones' moves.
riot
Level 41
02-26-2011

downloaded a Duke Roofus Muay Thai instructional video.. maybe I'll learn a few things .

and can somebody hook a brother up with a stream?
madmax89
Level 26
02-26-2011

Hahahaha. Im fucking glad it was a draw and Fitch got robbed. Fucking hate that guy. He always does the same bitch ass shit.