Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
02-15-2010
Default MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Last edited by riot; 11-16-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Scarecrow
Vol So Hard!!!
Subtract from Scarecrow's ReputationAdd to Scarecrow's Reputation Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Scarecrow Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
02-26-2010

I thought there was already a MMA/UFC thread?

RAMPAGE > ALL
Support THF
Follow https://twitter.com/The_Halo_Forum
Like https://www.facebook.com/TheHaloForum
Sub https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloForumChannel
Watch http://www.twitch.tv/thehaloforum

Sub to me also :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScarecrowIzAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABUSEDGOAT View Post
IMaggot's footage is extremely solid, and Scarecrow has the clips almost no one else has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
HaloMaggot and Scarecrow seem the be the dynamic duo if its about getting original clips :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by komoto5 View Post
ritchie(maggot) is fun to make fun of because he's fat and does cocaine and he overselpt at mlg dallas last year and jesse(scarecrow) well hes just hella tight
Gift of Gab
Level 23
Subtract from Gift of Gab's ReputationAdd to Gift of Gab's Reputation Gift of Gab is a novice
02-26-2010

It'll be interesting how Rampage does against Rashad at 114. He's said his heart isn't in this anymore, and he looked big at the 110 weigh in (as in fat...not muscular).

CitizenZenSin
Level 28
Subtract from CitizenZenSin's ReputationAdd to CitizenZenSin's Reputation CitizenZenSin is a novice
03-02-2010

rampage will do fine. When rashad fought thiago silva he did not look impressive. Hopefully he won't bumrush a takedown in the first minute and him and rampage will just stand and trade and see who wins.

Yea cain was impressive but also nogiera just did not come with it....i'd like to see cain fight junior dos santos. i hope mir takes carwin out

Bummed about the Vera Jon Jones fight cause i really like both those guys.

Also looking forward to miguel torres on march 6th on Vs.

and even tho he's my favorite fighter could not be less thrilled about Silva vs Maia in abu dahbi. Really wanted to see silva destroy chall sonnen...

I got featured on Insider Moves on Inside Xbox this week
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenZenSin View Post
rampage will do fine. When rashad fought thiago silva he did not look impressive. Hopefully he won't bumrush a takedown in the first minute and him and rampage will just stand and trade and see who wins.

Yea cain was impressive but also nogiera just did not come with it....i'd like to see cain fight junior dos santos. i hope mir takes carwin out

Bummed about the Vera Jon Jones fight cause i really like both those guys.

Also looking forward to miguel torres on march 6th on Vs.

and even tho he's my favorite fighter could not be less thrilled about Silva vs Maia in abu dahbi. Really wanted to see silva destroy chall sonnen...
Yeah, Rashad didn't look that great against Silva. I think Silva could've taken the win if he didn't spend a whole round showboating like a faggot! I hope Rampage will destroy the shit out of Evans. So bad.

and I thought the same about Velasquez, in the mean time he should fight Dos Santos since Mir and Carwin are fighting for the interim title. Whoever won in the Dos Santos and Velasquez fight would go on to fight whoever wins against whoever is the current heavyweight champ.

I can't believe bowles lost his belt that quick haha. I'm excited to see the California Kid fight soon.

And as for Anderson... it's gonna be same total domination. haha
CitizenZenSin
Level 28
Subtract from CitizenZenSin's ReputationAdd to CitizenZenSin's Reputation CitizenZenSin is a novice
03-21-2010

Tonight on Versus Brandon Vera vs Jon Jones. Two of my favorite fighters :<. Sucks that someone has to lose. Hopefully they don't hurt each other to bad.

I think Junior dos Santos is on the card too.

CitizenZenSin
Level 28
03-31-2010

SPOILERS

UFC 111 was pretty lame. I doubt i ever get excited about a GSP fight again. Between him and Fitch it was just a bunch of sweaty mens rolling around on each other. Maybe if it wasn't ben saunders or dan hardy, like some other wrestling meathead, but those two are capable of some exciting fights. I already liked Dan hardy but now i'm a big fan of the guy. I respect GSP's game plan but it was boring as fuck other than those two submissions hardy toughed out. Mir came in with the wrong game plan.

JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
04-03-2010

I can't stand Hardy. I'm glad he lost and was out classed on 111. May not have been the most exciting fight evarrr but it sure showed that Hardy isn't unstoppable.

Also, did not see Mir losing. My jaw dropped when that shit happened.
CitizenZenSin
Level 28
04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros View Post
I can't stand Hardy.

Also, did not see Mir losing. My jaw dropped when that sh.t happened.
Out of curiosity what is it about hardy you dislike? I dig his fight style, the fine arts degree(he might have dropped out b4 getting it), the training with buddhist monks, and the general personality of the guy, that thing he does with micheal buffer is highly amusing to me.

I'm beginning to activly dislike GSP. His fight with Fitch was somewhat entertaining, his fight with Penn was a let down, more take him down bs, couldn't finish alves, couldn't finish hardy. The guy is an awesome wrestler but that shit just isn't entertaining for 5 rounds. If he had horrible standup it'd be one thing but as he showed against fitch and somewhat alves GSP has good standup. I wanna see a fight not a wresting match ya know.

There's another ruffhouse fighter who'll probably get a shot at gsp, paul daley, but like every UK fighter the guy has no ground game. So it's pretty easy to predict what will happen in that fight. After daley the division is officially cleaned out. Maybe Paulo Thiago(Brazilian cop guy), but he's already lost to fitch. Hardy vs Thiago would be a good fight.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Mir against either the loser of Velasquz/dos santos or roy nelson if he wants to start all over. I haven't heard anything since the loss but i really feel bad for the guy. He just got worked like a rookie.

JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenZenSin View Post
Out of curiosity what is it about hardy you dislike? I dig his fight style, the fine arts degree(he might have dropped out b4 getting it), the training with buddhist monks, and the general personality of the guy, that thing he does with micheal buffer is highly amusing to me.

I'm beginning to activly dislike GSP. His fight with Fitch was somewhat entertaining, his fight with Penn was a let down, more take him down bs, couldn't finish alves, couldn't finish hardy. The guy is an awesome wrestler but that sh.t just isn't entertaining for 5 rounds. If he had horrible standup it'd be one thing but as he showed against fitch and somewhat alves GSP has good standup. I wanna see a fight not a wresting match ya know.

There's another ruffhouse fighter who'll probably get a shot at gsp, paul daley, but like every UK fighter the guy has no ground game. So it's pretty easy to predict what will happen in that fight. After daley the division is officially cleaned out. Maybe Paulo Thiago(Brazilian cop guy), but he's already lost to fitch. Hardy vs Thiago would be a good fight.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Mir against either the loser of Velasquz/dos santos or roy nelson if he wants to start all over. I haven't heard anything since the loss but i really feel bad for the guy. He just got worked like a rookie.
Idk, mostly his attitude I guess and how he carries himself. I personally like his fighting style too but idk, I just don't like the guy.

A win is a win, no matter how it is achieved (as long as it's legit). Whether it was entertaining to the crowed or not, GSP showed skill and out skilled his opponent. Like Joe Rogan always points out, everyone who boo's during a fight are all a bunch of meat heads who look for a 10 second 1st round knock out. They aren't there to appreciate the nature and technicality of the sport. Sure I do like crazy knockouts and stand up brawls but at the same time I recognize how much skill it takes to be good in the UFC, let alone be a great Champ like GSP. I think GSP not being able to finish an opponent only shows how good of a fight the opponent was, not how GSP couldn't/didn't perform great.

Mir does deserve another shot at Brock, but I honestly can't wait for the next HW Championship fight. Should be pretty action packed.