Display Modes Thread Tools
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
01-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
To me, Catholicism seems to be more about repenting for sins committed (and being forgiven that way), while protestantism is more about being forgiven without said pennace.
Well, alot of Catholics i know (mostly on my father's side) are what i guess you could call "loose" in their faith. By that i mean they take advantage of grace. They are the types that willingly go out and sin on Fridays and Saturdays, and repent on Sundays... repeat, repeat. I'm not making a generalization, i've just witnessed a number of "these" Catholics (i don't really know how you coin them).

Anyways, i find that to go against what the Word of God says...

Romans 5:20-21

But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1-2

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Granted, there are a number (and i'm not going to quote because i don't know) of Catholics out there that are avid about their faith. That is, they aren't necessarily legalistic, but they are considered fervent when it comes to their beliefs and the practice thereof. Always intrigued me.

PS, just curious (legit question)... where did you obtain this notion that protestants don't repent/ask for forgiveness?

Last edited by Vrbas; 01-22-2008 at 09:44 PM.
lookinfor1v1
Level 28
Subtract from lookinfor1v1's ReputationAdd to lookinfor1v1's Reputation lookinfor1v1 is a novice
01-23-2008

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

II JumpiN II

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.
Mohandas Gandhi

Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God.
Tom Stoppard
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
01-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfor1v1 View Post
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
This is a prime example of why you should gtfo of the debate forum.
I bloodypingu I
Lurker At The Threshold
Subtract from I bloodypingu I's ReputationAdd to I bloodypingu I's Reputation I bloodypingu I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I bloodypingu I
01-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfor1v1 View Post
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW... Seriously, why the FAWK are you still in the Debate section?

"Music to me, might not be music to most"
-Buckethead