Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
01-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTopEmHat View Post
By destiny, don't you mean Hell? Doesn't God send us to Hell if we don't believe in him?
From what the bible says...

Everyone is going to hell. It's not God's bidding. When you are saved, you are rescued from that end.

II brook II
Level 15
Subtract from II brook II's ReputationAdd to II brook II's Reputation II brook II is a novice
Send a message via MSN to II brook II Send a message via Yahoo to II brook II
01-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post
From what the bible says...

Everyone is going to hell. It's not God's bidding. When you are saved, you are rescued from that end.
exactly.

You have the choice one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Did I stutter?
I don't believe so.

Last edited by II brook II; 01-15-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
01-15-2008

You cannot choose what you believe. If I "chose" to believe in God, I would be lying to myself.

Elmo <3
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
01-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
God gave man the right to choose. Some people choose not to believe. Therefore, they choose their own destiny.

NOW, this brings up a hotttttt debate... that of pre-destination. Which i personally don't hold a view on yet because i haven't really thought about it and i would be spewing crap if i tried to talk about it. But seeing how i believe that God gave man free will, i guess you could say i'm leaning more toward going against pre-destination... but again, i don't really take a stance on it yet.
If god really knows everything (which is expressly stated in the Bible) than free will is an illusion, and some/most people were created just to go to hell.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
01-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
If god really knows everything (which is expressly stated in the Bible) than free will is an illusion, and some/most people were created just to go to hell.
Again, i've already stated i don't take a stand on predestination yet as i haven't looked into it as much as i'd like to. I honestly just don't know. I deal w/ laziness and this is something i need to get off the couch for.

Granted it pretty much boils down to either free will or predestination... i can't say which one. I'd be spewing out crap if i tried to take a stance as i couldn't defend either one effectively.