Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
[]D[][]V[][]D
Level 28
[]D[][]V[][]D's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dekalb,Illinois
Posts: 1,057
Subtract from []D[][]V[][]D's ReputationAdd to []D[][]V[][]D's Reputation []D[][]V[][]D is a novice
#51
01-08-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
In my universe, everything I believe is 100% correct, no matter how ridiculous it sounds!

By the way, I really get the feeling from this thread (and some others that I've been observing in the corner ) that most of the Christian support, with exception to Vrbas, is mostly based from ignorance.

If you are a Christian, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT POST DUMB CIRCUMSTANTIAL ARGUMENTS THAT HAVE MAJOR FLAWS IN THEM. You may be a Christian, but it doesn't mean you gain my respect. Thanks!
I would hardly call myself ignorant.


E Nomini Patri
Level 21
E Nomini Patri's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 566
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
#52
01-08-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by []D[][]V[][]D View Post
I would hardly call myself ignorant.
Everybody is ignorant, it is not an insult to be called ignorant. It simply means there is a lack of communication, information you have not been made aware of through no fault of your own.


Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#53
01-08-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
Everybody is ignorant, it is not an insult to be called ignorant. It simply means there is a lack of communication, information you have not been made aware of through no fault of your own.
The definition of the word ignorant on this forum has been corrupted and overused.

It has been used as an insult for years.

And in most occasions is a consequence of a person's lack of action to educate themself about the subject they are trying to argue or converse about.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
[]D[][]V[][]D
Level 28
[]D[][]V[][]D's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dekalb,Illinois
Posts: 1,057
Subtract from []D[][]V[][]D's ReputationAdd to []D[][]V[][]D's Reputation []D[][]V[][]D is a novice
#54
01-08-2008
Default

Well let me change what i said, im hardly purposefully ignorant.


TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
TooMuchButtHair's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California!
Posts: 3,659
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
#55
01-08-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAbernathy View Post
I guess you would, if that was the thought process of many atheist, then yes. I mean isn't if many people agree/see things a specific way that makes them correct or valid?
Something is valid only if it's justifiable. Justifiable able to be justified: capable of being shown as reasonable or merited according to accepted standards. Scientifically, something valid only if it's reproducable. In religion, something is valid if someone claims it is. The idea of something being testable isn't even considered because faith alone is good enough.

Quote:
From experience on this forum, I would conclude that most members of the United Atheist Alliance are slanderous towards Christians(or those who believe).
No, you're just a fucking moron. You've slandered me on several occasions for no reason - I just returnded the favor.

Quote:
Under that, I could conclude that the majority of atheist across the world in general display a disregard to those who follow a religion.
You base your idea of several hundred million people on the experience(s) you've had with less than 5? You really are a dumb fuck.

Quote:
I believe the fact religion is as wide spread, and believed by billions, that, that notion would give religion validity.
Appeal to authority fallacy.

100% of the human population believed the world to be flat, yet it wasn't a valid claim at all. Just because something is popular does not mean it is right.

Quote:
If that is not the case, then I guess 90% of the world who believe in a religion are stupid and shouldn't contribute to the furthering of the human race? Correct?
Sweet zombie jesus: slippery slope, strawman, non sequitur, appeal to the populace, and several others. Did some wizard curse you with the inability to form a cogent and non-fallacious thought, or did said wizard decide to replace your mind with that of a toad's? Either scenario would explain a lot - I know it's embarrassing, but do tell.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Vrbas
i'm around
Vrbas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,548
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
#56
01-08-2008
Default

I'm still curious butthair.... my question.
McDevy
Soshified
McDevy's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Skag Gully
Posts: 10,941
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
#57
01-08-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
I'm still curious butthair.... my question.
A couple of people have answered your question. Read back.
Vrbas
i'm around
Vrbas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,548
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
#58
01-09-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT IS FOLLY View Post
A couple of people have answered your question. Read back.
Hmmm?
lookinfor1v1
Level 28
lookinfor1v1's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,041
Subtract from lookinfor1v1's ReputationAdd to lookinfor1v1's Reputation lookinfor1v1 is a novice
#59
01-09-2008
Default

Angry atheists bashing misconceptions about Christianity.
What else is new?


II JumpiN II


It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.
Mohandas Gandhi

Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God.
Tom Stoppard
JCAbernathy
Level 29
JCAbernathy's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,711
Subtract from JCAbernathy's ReputationAdd to JCAbernathy's Reputation JCAbernathy is a novice
#60
01-09-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Something is valid only if it's justifiable. Justifiable able to be justified: capable of being shown as reasonable or merited according to accepted standards. Scientifically, something valid only if it's reproducable. In religion, something is valid if someone claims it is. The idea of something being testable isn't even considered because faith alone is good enough.



No, you're just a f.cking moron. You've slandered me on several occasions for no reason - I just returnded the favor.



You base your idea of several hundred million people on the experience(s) you've had with less than 5? You really are a dumb f.ck.



Appeal to authority fallacy.

100% of the human population believed the world to be flat, yet it wasn't a valid claim at all. Just because something is popular does not mean it is right.



Sweet zombie jesus: slippery slope, strawman, non sequitur, appeal to the populace, and several others. Did some wizard curse you with the inability to form a cogent and non-fallacious thought, or did said wizard decide to replace your mind with that of a toad's? Either scenario would explain a lot - I know it's embarrassing, but do tell.
Aight dude, I've said things in previous post that have been directed towards you in a negative manner, I apologize. I just hope we can continue our "debates" in a respectful and non-condescending nature from here on out.

 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off