Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolannx3 View Post
separation of church and state!!!

evolution = no religious background, proven scientific findings, yada yada etc.
creation = BIG religious background, unproven arguments, no factual evidence, blah blah blah

shouldn't even be an argument because the u.s. has already determined NO church in schools =]

anyone who wants to argue that a CERTAIN belief system should be presented along with factual information should also want to include the belief system of EVERY other religion as well, and imho should be kicked in the tailbone

wait a second...how can people have tailbones if they dont have tails??? =p
(hope that doesn't go over anyone's head)

Dude.

You are not helping or contributing.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
JCAbernathy
Level 29
Subtract from JCAbernathy's ReputationAdd to JCAbernathy's Reputation JCAbernathy is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiShoP View Post
In my universe, everything I believe is 100% correct, no matter how ridiculous it sounds!

By the way, I really get the feeling from this thread (and some others that I've been observing in the corner ) that most of the Christian support, with exception to Vrbas, is mostly based from ignorance.

If you are a Christian, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT POST DUMB CIRCUMSTANTIAL ARGUMENTS THAT HAVE MAJOR FLAWS IN THEM. You may be a Christian, but it doesn't mean you gain my respect. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but just because you are the supposable Christian patriarch on this forum means absolutely nothing to me. And I seriously don't feel like I have to "earn" your respect in any form or fashion over a forum. So quit boasting yourself to a standard that no one really cares that you have or don't have.

P.S. My arguements I make regarding my belief in God and being a Christian are mine and mine alone. I have faith from my own personal experiences and don't need facts, like the ones you spew out, to enforce my faith anymore than it already is. You think personal experience and belief are invalid arguements. But you know what? I don't think when you ask people why they believe in God, they don't state fact, after fact, after fact of crap. They simply will state their personal experiences which further their bond with Christ. So please, before you slander those who base their belief off of this "ignorance" as you so politely put it, think about the masses, not just yourself.

McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAbernathy View Post
I'm sorry, but just because you are the supposable Christian patriarch on this forum means absolutely nothing to me. And I seriously don't feel like I have to "earn" your respect in any form or fashion over a forum. So quit boasting yourself to a standard that no one really cares that you have or don't have.

P.S. My arguements I make regarding my belief in God and being a Christian are mine and mine alone. I have faith from my own personal experiences and don't need facts, like the ones you spew out, to enforce my faith anymore than it already is. You think personal experience and belief are invalid arguements. But you know what? I don't think when you ask people why they believe in God, they don't state fact, after fact, after fact of crap. They simply will state their personal experiences which further their bond with Christ. So please, before you slander those who base their belief off of this "ignorance" as you so politely put it, think about the masses, not just yourself.
That is the masses..

Can't you see that 95% of Christian opinions on here are irrelavant ignorant comments?
tom31deecc FTW
Level 32
Subtract from tom31deecc FTW's ReputationAdd to tom31deecc FTW's Reputation tom31deecc FTW is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tom31deecc FTW Send a message via MSN to tom31deecc FTW
01-08-2008

Quote:

I have no numbers to back up what I'm saying but I'm pretty sure most people are religious because of indoctrination as a child.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:

This is the Debate forum. We need facts in order to find common ground.

I could say that, "It is my personal experience that all people of faith are missing part of their brain."

Can we move on and form a debate around that or use it as a valid argument for further conversation? No.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

JCAbernathy
Level 29
Subtract from JCAbernathy's ReputationAdd to JCAbernathy's Reputation JCAbernathy is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
This is the Debate forum. We need facts in order to find common ground.

I could say that, "It is my personal experience that all people of faith are missing part of their brain."

Can we move on and form a debate around that or use it as a valid argument for further conversation? No.
I guess you would, if that was the thought process of many atheist, then yes. I mean isn't if many people agree/see things a specific way that makes them correct or valid? From experience on this forum, I would conclude that most members of the United Atheist Alliance are slanderous towards Christians(or those who believe). Under that, I could conclude that the majority of atheist across the world in general display a disregard to those who follow a religion. I believe the fact religion is as wide spread, and believed by billions, that, that notion would give religion validity. If that is not the case, then I guess 90% of the world who believe in a religion are stupid and shouldn't contribute to the furthering of the human race? Correct?

Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
01-08-2008

Quote:
I guess you would, if that was the thought process of many atheist, then yes. I mean isn't if many people agree/see things a specific way that makes them correct or valid? From experience on this forum, I would conclude that most members of the United Atheist Alliance are slanderous towards Christians(or those who believe). Under that, I could conclude that the majority of atheist across the world in general display a disregard to those who follow a religion. I believe the fact religion is as wide spread, and believed by billions, that, that notion would give religion validity. If that is not the case, then I guess 90% of the world who believe in a religion are stupid and shouldn't contribute to the furthering of the human race? Correct?
You know why religion is so widespread? Because kids are brought up being taught religion.
JCAbernathy
Level 29
01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
You know why religion is so widespread? Because kids are brought up being taught religion.
Okay... and? You people who are atheist were probably brought up in a Christian or religious based household but decided to take a different stance on things. So what stops the billions of others from making that same choice? You can't base religions growth and acceptance just on childhood enforcement from parents. Thats like saying... Because children are forced to go to school, they should all be able to finish and go to college. But in reality they all don't. It is all personal choice, and from evidence shown in the world today, it clearly points that the majority want/like to believe in a religion. No one is holding a gun to every religious person's head and saying believe or die.

MarkedAchilles
01-08-2008

Quote:
You are not getting my point.

In this section, you have to base your points on things we can all agree on if you do not want things to get messy. Facts and observations.

That is all.

McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
01-08-2008

Quote:
Okay... and? You people who are atheist were probably brought up in a Christian or religious based household but decided to take a different stance on things. So what stops the billions of others from making that same choice? You can't base religions growth and acceptance just on childhood enforcement from parents. Thats like saying... Because children are forced to go to school, they should all be able to finish and go to college. But in reality they all don't. It is all personal choice, and from evidence shown in the world today, it clearly points that the majority want/like to believe in a religion. No one is holding a gun to every religious person's head and saying believe or die.
Intelligence.

Those who do not question authority and the way their environment is around them display a lack of intelligence.