Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
12-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im BigTigga H0 View Post
You know just as well as any of us that that isn't true.

Every week there is countless number of adolescents DRAGGED or SHOVED to church.

For some reason, my parents have not felt it necessary to take me. Ever since I told them my true feelings about religion and the baptist church they just don't put out the effort to go.

Epic Win for me, I think.
That's why you should at least check your post.

Silly Tigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
12-24-2007

I had an argument with my uncle about this yesterday; I was greatly outnumbered, but he wasn't able to answer the question "what's wrong with promoting atheism?" without thinking for a second first, then not replying with an answer, but he wanted to say "Because it's wrong." That would have stirred up a bit of the Christmas spirit we were basking in.
Busy, busy, busy
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-26-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
Isn't a large premise of the movie trying to say that "free will is bad"? Or am i misunderstanding what Craig was searching for...
*patience*
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
12-26-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
*patience*
In the movie, free-will is one of the things the Magysterium (aka Catholic Church) is trying to supress. There is a pirate-like group of nomads who are portrayed as the good guys, and their motto is nothing less than, 'free will and free thought for all'.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Vrbas
i'm around
12-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
In the movie, free-will is one of the things the Magysterium (aka Catholic Church) is trying to supress. There is a pirate-like group of nomads who are portrayed as the good guys, and their motto is nothing less than, 'free will and free thought for all'.
Thank you for the clarification, i asked because i wasn't sure as i have yet to actually SEE this movie (only read up on it), nor have i read this man's books. I plan to do so soon.
Im BigTigga H0
Poe Wrote On Both...
Subtract from Im BigTigga H0's ReputationAdd to Im BigTigga H0's Reputation Im BigTigga H0 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Im BigTigga H0
12-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI View Post
That's why you should at least check your post.

Silly Tigga
Lol. Thanks for that. I was thinking of the Boost Mobile commercials and "Oh don't tell me what I should know!" and just started laughing.

So has anyone of us been through all the books yet? I know Vrbas was going to start, and I'm about to very soon. ButtHair, I believe you mentioned you were going to.

Can we clarify more on this subject now guys?

NiceGuy, I would like to hear more about how the discussion with your uncle went. I need some ammo.
GT :: Private Tigga
AIM :: BigTiggaPwnz

.radium
Level 11
Subtract from .radium's ReputationAdd to .radium's Reputation .radium is a novice
12-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance View Post
How do you kill something that doesn't exist?
How do you kill that which has no life?
Vrbas
i'm around
12-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by .radium View Post
How do you kill that which has no life?
How can you kill what's not your creation?

These loops are fun, even if you don't have a very good foothold with your question *coughmecough*
lookinfor1v1
Level 28
Subtract from lookinfor1v1's ReputationAdd to lookinfor1v1's Reputation lookinfor1v1 is a novice
01-10-2008

I can't beleive TMBH, you THINK you've proven me wrong and won the argument b/c I've allegedly failed to answer your statments/argument, yet you make no reference of when this occurs.
The reasons I made my response to this thread were:

1. To clarify why Christians were Boycotting the movie (It promotes th books and prompts children to read them)
2. Explain why its wrong for kids to read the books, and why its wrong for pullman to distort Christianity and display contempt towards the religion with hatred, discriminatory messages, and a complete mutilation of that which is good and true.

II JumpiN II

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.
Mohandas Gandhi

Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God.
Tom Stoppard

Last edited by lookinfor1v1; 01-10-2008 at 02:23 PM.
lookinfor1v1
Level 28
Subtract from lookinfor1v1's ReputationAdd to lookinfor1v1's Reputation lookinfor1v1 is a novice
01-10-2008

I've finished re-reading the last book and i'm disgusted at the way pullman distorts the facts about Christians/Christianity in general, and attack a religion in order to promote his.

II JumpiN II

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.
Mohandas Gandhi

Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God.
Tom Stoppard

Last edited by lookinfor1v1; 01-10-2008 at 02:07 PM.