Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Zakku
dfojdk'af;djgldfgdfga
Subtract from Zakku's ReputationAdd to Zakku's Reputation Zakku is a novice
10-27-2007

I don't believe in God because there is no proof of Him, obviously. Also, I don't want to dedicate my life to the church on something/someone I don't even know exists for certain.
QuadPrism
Level 28
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QuadPrism
10-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
Theists (that would be YOU blane) answer it by saying "magic" while evidence shows: "Formation of the universe from nothing need not violate conservation of energy. The gravitational potential energy of a gravitational field is a negative energy. When all the gravitational potential energy is added to all the other energy in the universe, it might sum to zero." http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CF/CF101.html

You have no place calling arguments opposed to yours "stupid" when your position isn't even an argument in the first place. "It was MAGIC! POOF! Out of nothing!"
please define magic. and then state why what you believe is not considered "magic".
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
Send a message via MSN to E Nomini Patri
10-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadPrism View Post
please define magic. and then state why what you believe is not considered "magic".
1. the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces b: magic rites or incantations
2 a: an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source b: something that seems to cast a spell
--Merriam Webster

the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of incantation or various other techniques that presumably assure human control of supernatural agencies or the forces of nature.
--Dictionary.com

3. supposed supernatural power: a supposed supernatural power that makes impossible things happen or gives somebody control over the forces of nature. 4. practice of magic: the use of supposed supernatural power to make impossible things happen
--Encarta

So if you're talking about supernatural agencies using miraculous power over nature to make impossible things happen, you're obviously talking about magic. This includes deities creating the universe out of nothing, using Golem spells to create Human beings, walking on water like you see on Criss Angel's show (as well as levitation etc etc), conjuring enough water to flood a planet, talking donkeys and serpents, burning bushes, parting seas, building arks, killing Harry Potter's parents with wooden sticks, delivering presents to children worldwide in one night, hiding painted eggs around yards, slipping quarters under pillows at night...

You get it now.

As for you telling me to say why what I believe is not considered magic? Well tell me what I do believe first because otherwise it is unfair for me to answer.

Livin in the ATX sonnnn...
Graphic Design Portfolio | GT: RVG E Nomini | Youtube Channel

Last edited by E Nomini Patri; 10-31-2007 at 09:24 PM.
E Nomini Patri
Level 21
Subtract from E Nomini Patri's ReputationAdd to E Nomini Patri's Reputation E Nomini Patri is a novice
10-31-2007

Quad you busy?

ixTweaKxi
Level 49
Subtract from ixTweaKxi's ReputationAdd to ixTweaKxi's Reputation ixTweaKxi is a novice
Send a message via AIM to ixTweaKxi
11-01-2007

Too many people have died in the topic of religion. I believe the morals of christianity, but i dont believe the bs of it, like creation of earth in 7 days. and how christians pretty much took the bible, with a angry pissed off god, and rewrote it to a happy god.
Apathy Overload
I wreck Trials HD
Subtract from Apathy Overload's ReputationAdd to Apathy Overload's Reputation Apathy Overload is a novice
11-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixTweaKxi View Post
Too many people have died in the topic of religion. I believe the morals of christianity, but i dont believe the bs of it, like creation of earth in 7 days. and how christians pretty much took the bible, with a angry pissed off god, and rewrote it to a happy god.
No, he's still pissed off in the Bible. Most Christian's just don't read it enough to know it.

If you like Halo 2, watch my montage here:
http://halomontage.com/video/viewvid...-try-nastalgia

moose r smelly
fapping bbl lol
Subtract from moose r smelly's ReputationAdd to moose r smelly's Reputation moose r smelly is a novice
Send a message via AIM to moose r smelly
11-04-2007

We don't know that Earth is the only populate planet. There are an unimaginable amount of other planets in the universe.

I'm not atheist, I'm agnostic. I just can't bring myself to believe that there is some all-knowing entity that is some how able to know every little thing that every person does and judges them on those things. The big bang theory, which I also don't believe in, isn't any less rational than "god" just creating everything out of nothing.

There is no proof for or against god really.
wsup den
Stricken X
Level 25
Subtract from Stricken X's ReputationAdd to Stricken X's Reputation Stricken X is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Stricken X
11-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfabetSoop View Post
Guy: "Well, how'd everything get here?"
Me: "Who knows? Nobody. Who said it had to be made? I'm happy just thinking it's always been here."
Guy: "Something had to have created it all. Nothing can just be there without being created."
Me: "What or who created your god, then? You just said that nothing can just be there without being created. Is there an inifinite string of gods who just make other gods?"
Guy: *sits in silence*
haha so true
Il Brand New lI add for H2

E Nomini Patri
Level 21
11-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomini Patri View Post
1. the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces b: magic rites or incantations
2 a: an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source b: something that seems to cast a spell
--Merriam Webster

the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of incantation or various other techniques that presumably assure human control of supernatural agencies or the forces of nature.
--Dictionary.com

3. supposed supernatural power: a supposed supernatural power that makes impossible things happen or gives somebody control over the forces of nature. 4. practice of magic: the use of supposed supernatural power to make impossible things happen
--Encarta

So if you're talking about supernatural agencies using miraculous power over nature to make impossible things happen, you're obviously talking about magic. This includes deities creating the universe out of nothing, using Golem spells to create Human beings, walking on water like you see on Criss Angel's show (as well as levitation etc etc), conjuring enough water to flood a planet, talking donkeys and serpents, burning bushes, parting seas, building arks, killing Harry Potter's parents with wooden sticks, delivering presents to children worldwide in one night, hiding painted eggs around yards, slipping quarters under pillows at night...

You get it now.

As for you telling me to say why what I believe is not considered magic? Well tell me what I do believe first because otherwise it is unfair for me to answer.
QuadPrism I'm still waiting for your response. You've put it off for over a week. Do you concede that you believe in magic? Do your friends know you do?

own-dizzle
wus gud doee
Subtract from own-dizzle's ReputationAdd to own-dizzle's Reputation own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000 own-dizzle IS OVER 9000
11-05-2007

Well, I can see that there's a God, but I can't see there's a God. I've never really "felt" him do anything to me... I haven't seen anything "Godly" happen in my life. What I'm saying is, there isn't much proof out there that there's a God.