Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Van Winkle
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Van Winkle's ReputationAdd to Van Winkle's Reputation Van Winkle is a novice
12-21-2005

It depends on what your beliefs are. I believe I should not have sex before I'm married, but it's none of my business what everyone else's beliefs on the subject are.

x Van Winkle x
Being good enough is never good enough!
IMpatiently awaiting Xbox 360 UGH!
MikeMan27
Level 37
Subtract from MikeMan27's ReputationAdd to MikeMan27's Reputation MikeMan27 is a novice
12-21-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkillers12
I Go Both Ways
LOL. I know it's on topic, but this is about sex and someone had to quote him...just sounded funny to me.
McGiggles
Level 28
Subtract from McGiggles's ReputationAdd to McGiggles's Reputation McGiggles is a novice
Send a message via AIM to McGiggles
12-27-2005

tonight i have been reading and posting in this religious section for about 2 hours. before those two hours i wouldve had sex with anyone attractive if i had the chance to. now, i feel as if i am more mature. I have actually found a closer relationship with god and seen my wrongs in my life. I would only have sex with a woman if i was in love with her and she was in love with me and we had a mutual agreement to it. It seems like we would be married if we were in this situation, but if we weren't, i would still do it. i dont think it would be wrong.
II Greco II
Level 13
Subtract from II Greco II's ReputationAdd to II Greco II's Reputation II Greco II is a novice
12-27-2005
Default wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC
thats why man invented condoms son
those viruses are smaller than the pores of a condom and even with the condom you can get them
II Greco II
Level 13
Subtract from II Greco II's ReputationAdd to II Greco II's Reputation II Greco II is a novice
12-27-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
comeoncleetus, sex was originally designed for procreation. But, I do not find using something for reasons other than what was originally intended to be inherently wrong (it can be wrong, like if you use a baseball bat to beat the shit out of someone, but sex is not an example of that). If I'm going to have sex for pleasure before wanting kids, I'm not going to have intercourse at all. So, I'm not going to worry about condoms. You see, the girl's pleasure is important to me too. If I have sex that's great for me and crappy for the girl, I'm going to be very disappointed and unsatisfied. The best sex a girl can have is oral sex, so that's what I'd go for.
you must belive in God because you said this:
Quote:
sex was originally designed for procreation.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
12-27-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithsquirrels
you must belive in God because you said this:
Sex's FUNCTION is for reproduction.

Elmo <3
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
12-27-2005

The environment designs stuff all the time.

It creates a billion slightly different types of one thing and then the differences that give each a slight advantage live on or reproduce more and the rest are out done and eliminated unless they find another successfull niche to live in.

Its a shotgun approach to design. Chance.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
The KillZoNe
Georgias Finest
Subtract from The KillZoNe's ReputationAdd to The KillZoNe's Reputation The KillZoNe is a novice
Send a message via AIM to The KillZoNe
12-27-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGiggles
tonight i have been reading and posting in this religious section for about 2 hours. before those two hours i wouldve had sex with anyone attractive if i had the chance to. now, i feel as if i am more mature. I have actually found a closer relationship with god and seen my wrongs in my life. I would only have sex with a woman if i was in love with her and she was in love with me and we had a mutual agreement to it. It seems like we would be married if we were in this situation, but if we weren't, i would still do it. i dont think it would be wrong.
I agree completely.... That sums up my opinion. Im athiest and even if i wasnt i wouldnt let religion interfere with what i do in life... i just dont agree with letting religion change how you live. Believe and be involved but dont be controlled..
II Greco II
Level 13
12-27-2005
Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftierPantz
umm, sry but vrbas u completely butchered that verse, its romans 3:23
he did use 3:23
II Greco II
Level 13
12-27-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas
That's not what Christianity is about. We do NOTHING in order to be saved. It is all God. No works, no amount of good deeds, no amount of anything will count toward one bit of earning our way to Heaven. Ephesians 2:8 says "For it is by GRACE you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." You must understand, we have no power to get into Heaven. We can do nothing and say nothing. We are powerless to open the Gates of Heaven. But God gives us a chance to enter in. You see, God is a Just God, and His only response to sin is wrath. Sin cannot go unpunished. If God were to merely look over our sin and say "oh well, i'll let that one pass", He would be violating Justice.

Ever since the Garden of Edan when Adam and Eve sinned, we became a fallen race in need of a Savior and Redeemer. Every single baby that was born was born with sin b\c of the lineage connected to Adam. Jesus was born of a virgin, and that was Mary. With the virgin birth, Jesus could take his first breath without sin. And since He was 100% God and 100% man at the same time, he was nothing short of perfect and all powerful. Jesus was God's chosen Redeemer, His only Son (i know you don't believe that but the Trinity is just that: Father, Son, Holy Spirit). The only way to save God's people was to propitiate (appease/satisfy) God's wrath. To do that, Jesus had to pay the price for each and every sin that was ever committed. Upon the cross, Jesus experienced the FULL wrath of God by taken upon Him every sin of every single person. God poured out His wrath upon Jesus and with all the sins being put on Jesus' slate, all had been accounted for and all sins had been washed away. Jesus became the median between us and God. Without Him and God's grace, we would stand no chance of entering into His perfect Kingdom.

Does this mean we can live in sin since deeds don't matter? - Romans 6:1-2 "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" Rms 6:6-7 "For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin-because anyone who has died has been freed form sin."

Now i'm sure this raises some question like "Well then why do Christians continue in their sin after Salvation?". James 3:14-19 "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clother and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you welll; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, 'You have faith; i have deeds.' Show me your faith without deeds, and i will show you my faith by what i do. You believe that there is one God. Good! even the demons believe that-and shudder"

I know that's not what you said you believe but that's what I believe and all those who accept Christianity as Truth.

you quoted my bible teacher in all that