Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#271
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
ditto for your argument. you have come full circle and accomplished nothing but for all of us to agree that opinions/values are like assholes, everyone has one.

So, we are back to square one, you believe what you want and I believe what I want and therefore we should all live by "LIVE and LET LIVE" over and out.

Discussion over.
No, because your view is not "this is how I feel on the subject". Your view is "this is definitively WRONG for everybody".


Elmo <3
NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#272
12-19-2005
Default

Go ahead and be a virgin until you marry, bud. Meanwhile, we'll be finding out who we want to be the rest of our lives with through experimentation.

By the way, sex with people before marriage doesn't cause disease, people not using proper precautions like condoms cause disease.
Busy, busy, busy
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#273
12-19-2005
Default

I die a little bit on the inside every time I read one of .Ghost's responses to this thread. On the other hand, you've got Cursed Lemon who brings light into the world with every post he makes. Thank you, Cursed Lemon, thank you for helping to balance out .Ghost. You're a lifesaver.

.Ghost, it is wrong to "live and let live" if the other guy wants to limit your rights. If you had your way, nobody would have premarital sex, and that interferes with me.

Let's get a couple things straight. Sex does not by itself cause disease and unwanted pregnancy. You told me to visit a free clinic and watch the videos about STDs, how about I visit a free clinic and get tested with my partner? If neither of us already have STDs, and we remain faithful to each other, we can have all the sex we want and not worry about AIDS, right? Also, there are other ways to have sex besides intercourse. If you're having sex for pleasure, intercourse is one of the worst things to do for the girl. The guy is going to be happy with pretty much everything, but if pleasure is important to both of you and you don't want to have to worry about pregnancy, have oral sex. Simple.

You know how you said that you can't get STDs if you only have sex with one person your entire life, and you're the only person they've had sex with? You're wrong. STDs don't come from multiple partners. Once again, you don't know what you're talking about. Avoid STDs by getting tested with your partner.

We're not saying that having sex with your wife and your wife only is wrong (I don't know why you keep bringing that up), we're saying there's nothing wrong with having sex with someone you don't plan on marrying.

Religion has been the most prolific source of violence in the history of mankind. The recent conflicts in Palestine (Jews v. Muslims), the Balkans (Orthodox Serbians v. Catholic Croatians; Orthodox Serbians v. Bosnian and Albanian Muslims), Northern Ireland (Protestants v. Catholics), Kashmir (Muslims v. Hindus), Sudan (Muslims v. Christians and animists), Nigeria (Muslims v. Christians), Ethiopia and Eritrea (Muslims v. Christians), Sri Lanka (Sinhalese Buddhists v. Tamil Hindus), Indonesia (Muslims v. Timorese Christians), and the Caucasus (Orthodox Russians v. Chechen Muslims; Muslim Azerbaijanis v. Catholic and Orthodox Armenians) are merely a few cases in point. In these places religion has been the explicit cause of literally millions of deaths in the last ten years. And when I say explicit, I mean that if you had taken away religion, or given all these peoples the same religions, millions of deaths would have been avoided. I'm not saying that religion has caused every death in these regions, I am however saying that millions of people have died simply because they had different notions about the afterlife. If you can't accept this, you're ignoring facts.

Cursed Lemon said it best when he refuted your point by saying, "No, humans are programmed to SURVIVE." That is not what you were saying. You were saying we're programmed to be immoral. Well, I'm not going to let you blow smoke up my ass, and it didn't work on Cursed Lemon either. What are you basing that statement off of? Are you posting for shock value?

The point you made about "no consequences" further demonstrates your utter lack of understanding. Murder, by definition, kills someone. Sex, by definition, does not necessarily mean STDs and unwanted pregnancy. What I'm saying, and what Cursed Lemon is saying, is that having responsible sex (no risk of STDs or unwanted pregnancy) is fine.

I'm now going to summarize your points and briefly refute them again. Or I'll just say you're stupid. Hopefully, after reading this, you will refrain from posting anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
If you have sex with only one (1) partner, you will probably not get any sexually transmitted diseases. Kinda hard if either of you have never had sex, except with each other.
I've already pointed out why this is stupid and irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Condoms break and slip off and liquid seaps out and onto your hands and unless you are increadibly clean and wash up so well, your hands would then have the germs, etc. Look at a box of condoms, it does not guarantee 100% lack of pregnancy. So, if you can or there exists the possibility of pregnancy, then condoms are not a sure thing. And for those lucky souls that have done many things many times and have had no consequences, all I can say is I will hope their luck does not run out. It's all fun and games until you have an STD or baby or abortion.

Try going to an STD treatment clinic, watch some of the videos that they have, read some of the literature and see some of the pictures of what STD's can make your organ look like. If your lucky so far, great, if your luck should turn, then your opinions will turn also. Our opinions usually are a product of our experience and so therefore not very qualified. We should always, consider what else is going on in the World and the consequences.

Marriage also gives total responsibility to both the MAN who was having pleasure and the woman he was with for the resulting child. Child support is good but not good enough, if all we ever did was throw money at a child, then we would have a bunch of child animals running around. Children need to be nurtured, educated, fed, entertained and taught how to live in a community/society. So, if you are married you are SUPPOSED to take full responsibility for the children that you create. I know that even married couples fail sometimes to do this correctly, however, that is the intent. Good intentions are always met with realities, unfortunately, because we as humans are very imperfect i.e. we are lazy, irresponsible, pleasure seekers.
All of these consequences you're talking about are the results of irresponsible sex and can be avoided by practicing responsible sex. And the part in bold points out that you said the failure of some parents to raise their kids is the intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
AIDS is not the #1 killer in Africa because people are religiously waiting to have sex after marriage.
I laughed when I saw this. Really, where do you come up with this stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Also, a marriage creates a bond (should, not guaranteed) that will make both parties feel more secure and less lonely as they go through life while waiting for death to arrive at their doorstep. If both parties are truly not selfish, egotistical maniacs, then you enter marriage with the intention of being a partner with each other, not a burden, not an abuser, not a user, but a PARTNER in life. Life is tough, really tough and having someone to go through it with you, makes it easier. Just like gang members seek a "family" and "acceptance" so do all of us humans. I just would rather do it through marriage and children than as a gang member.
I would like to know what this has to do with anything. It certainly isn't relevant to premarital sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Also, sex with no feeling, just for pleasure, will leave you feeling empty, we as humans have emotions and need to feel loved and wanted. When all we do is act like "free" prostitutes then we will have an empty heart and soul.

Ask any prostitute if they feel emotionally secure and loved. A lot of prostitutes are also on drugs so that they can "forget" about their reality.
Once again, where are you coming up with this crap? Do you have personal experience with prostitutes on drugs, or are you just making this up as you go along? Sex for pleasure might leave you feeling empty because you're confused and ignorant, but it can be a fine experience for people who don't have irrational stigmas associated with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
Now, when two (2) people and I am assuming of any gender, get together for pure pleasure and they are consenting adults and NO children result as a consequence and they don't mind having to live with the consequences of gonorrhea, chlamydia, warts, herpes, HIV/AIDS, etc. then yeah, BRING ON THE PLEASURE MAN!!! I love 15 minutes of joy and 20 years of downing 17 pills a day as my HIV/AIDS cocktail. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. we could also do this pleasure thing with 3, 4 or more of those consenting adults.
Responsible sex. That's all I have to say.

.Ghost, read this post carefully. Realize that you don't know what you're talking about and try to gain some knowledge on the subject. Until then, stop posting!

Milk Man, this topic is for guys like you. People like .Ghost just have to die off or come to their senses on their own.

Last edited by The Colostomizer; 12-20-2005 at 06:00 PM.
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#274
12-19-2005
Default

OMG, you are nothing more than a bored, troublemaker, who is looking not to debate but to force your opinion down someone elses throat. It is people like you that want people like me to die off. You are the reason that they make movies like the Silence of the Lambs. You need a mussle my friend. You also, need to stop posting your hate. YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE FORUMS YOU BIGOT!! Bored and loney people need a life, you should get one........SOON!!
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#275
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ghost
OMG, you are nothing more than a bored, troublemaker, who is looking not to debate but to force your opinion down someone elses throat. It is people like you that want people like me to die off. You are the reason that they make movies like the Silence of the Lambs. You need a mussle my friend. You also, need to stop posting your hate. YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE FORUMS YOU BIGOT!! Bored and loney people need a life, you should get one........SOON!!
I'm actually not bored or lonely, and I'm quite content with the life I have right now, at least for the time being (I'd like to find out how you know what kind of life I have though). I suppose you might call me a troublemaker. I'd rather convince you I'm right than force my opinion down your throat. And I know it's people like me that want people like you to die off. I already said that. I'm not sure what I have to do with Silence of the Lambs, and I'm also not sure what a "mussle" would do for me. Maybe you can clarify. I'd also like to know what makes me a bigot. I'm not posting hate, I have been pointing out that you have very limited knowledge on this subject, and that you probably shouldn't be in this debate for that very reason. That seems reasonable to me.

Is it at all possible that you posted that rant because you saw that I was right but didn't want to admit it? You sure sound defeated to me.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#276
12-19-2005
Default

So after your remarks about how he needs to stop attacking, you attack him?

Way to be the bigger man.
Busy, busy, busy
cleeeeeeeeeetus!
Level 45
cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Under the albatross
Posts: 5,741
Subtract from cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s ReputationAdd to cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s Reputation cleeeeeeeeeetus! is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cleeeeeeeeeetus!
#277
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
We're not talking about the potential consequences of an act, we're talking about whether the act itself is right or wrong. I can sit here and tell someone they shouldn't eat food ever again because they might choke, but that's irrelevant.
No you're right, it's relevant because it's a good analogy. I guess I didn't really look at it that way.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
The Colostomizer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 290,211
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
#278
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNiceGuy
So after your remarks about how he needs to stop attacking, you attack him?

Way to be the bigger man.
You were talking to .Ghost, right? (Just making sure.)
Deadly Buni
Ezekiel 23:19-21
Deadly Buni's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,060
Subtract from Deadly Buni's ReputationAdd to Deadly Buni's Reputation Deadly Buni is a novice
#279
12-19-2005
Default

With better birth control AND condoms the chances are good the girl won't become pregnant, considering there are periods in which she is most fertile, and where she isn't so fertile. If you take the nessacary precautions pregnancy is not likely. Being a virgin doesn't make you a better person, and neither does sleeping with lots of people.

Having sex before marriage is MY choice and yours is being sexually in active, I don't like super Christians because they are narrow minded fools. They don't like you if you aren't one of them. Beating off is healthy and so is sex, it burns calories and gives pleasure. For both sexes.



NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#280
12-19-2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
You were talking to .Ghost, right? (Just making sure.)
Yes. I was. I realized that would be confusing after I realized you posted before I did.
Busy, busy, busy
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off