Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic

Display Modes Thread Tools
PM
1 authentic experience
Subtract from PM's ReputationAdd to PM's Reputation PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000
11-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lahey View Post
No, it's a little girl and maybe a little boy, and I have no idea how they make that much ruckus, but they do stomp. I know walking, I know running, and I sure as shit know stomping. They occasionally jump from whatever height, be it a bed or couch. So fun to keep you up until 2-3 am and wake you up at 4:30 am. If this shit happens again after my landlord really talks to them as in HEY YOU CAN GET KICKED OUT then I will ask for them to be removed, I gotta fight for my sanity and this is an apartment complex with rules.
>seriously considering kicking a young family out of their housing bc ear plugs are too big of a hassle

jk sounds infuriating
dawnie!
taken by empty
Subtract from dawnie!'s ReputationAdd to dawnie!'s Reputation dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000
11-08-2014

Even having kids, when the kids upstairs are being a loud shit head it makes me want to rage. I don't know how many times I've said "fucking Farhan" and "Holy fuck that baby" since I moved here.
Al
EXPECTO PATRONUM
Subtract from Al's ReputationAdd to Al's Reputation Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Al
11-08-2014

buy a house in the country problem solved

The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
11-09-2014

Yeah I don't want to be that guy PM, really. I like kids, at least most of them. But the fact of the matter is I don't get a second of quiet from the moment I get home, just differing levels of tolerable rumbling. When the stomping goes on, it can get so bad to the point where a glass ceiling light fixture covering will fall to the ground and shatter, as has been the case twice now. Luckily both were under rugs, otherwise some damage could have been done to the wood flooring. As mentioned before I can't hang things up, I've tried. I think that's a bit ridiculous, regardless of their situation. I grew up in a house and was taught not to run inside. Time and time again I hear stomping, then a loud series of crashes, then faint crying. I just wonder if in the 100+ times this has happened, the parents have thought, "Hey, they shouldn't run around in a two bedroom apartment. They keep getting hurt and knocking things over." When this shit happens I sometimes dart out from under the light fixture that has fell, fearing it may happen again. Ridiculous levels of loud and impeding privacy and fucking safety of all things. Lines have to be drawn, sleep has got to be had. All I was seeking today was a new level of action besides submitting a couple noise complaints. When I submitted my third (of the 13+ months I've been living under them) noise complaint and told my landlord of the circumstances, she told they would be evicted under a three strike policy. While the outcome of that would certainly be in my favor, I don't want to be that guy. Despite having been up there 3-4 times in person, even showing them the broken glass of the light they had knocked down, I believe they can enforce a simple no-running/jumping-inside rule if the landlord tells them they will be booted otherwise. If not, I've ran out of sympathy at that point, so fuck them. They've been entitled assholes every time, as if asking kids not to run indoors is so against their nature it's moot to try. Kids will be kids they say. Parents should also be parents I say, especially when living in a large, 4 story apartment complex. You don't own shit, you rent it. It comes with rules and responsibilities to your surrounding neighbors. Otherwise you get kicked the fuck out acting like entitled shits, just like they were about to.

EDIT: Rambling more than I thought, higher than I thought, disregard most of that shit. Going to bed, expecting to be woken up by you know who in the morning. Although this last hour of silence has been heavenly.

Last edited by The Big Lahey; 11-09-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Madvillan
Kapitän Klugscheißer
Subtract from Madvillan's ReputationAdd to Madvillan's Reputation Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000 Madvillan IS OVER 9000
11-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
buy a house in the country problem solved
this, I hate living by other people lol.

Though most of the places I've lived in have been pretty chill. Dunno where I want my next house to be but it's definitely time for a change for me (many changes I'll say, even some oil changes! /badumtish)

I still haven't bought my console lol, busy with other shite
debating if I want to get CoNcast, Century sucks hardcore. Wish I had VZN FiOs in my area, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

I need to hit up the workout thread. *Some* of my injuries have subsided enough to where I can at least maintain physical activity for a moderate period of time.

Also did a timing belt/water pump on a Chrysler Pacifica yesterday, man I'm not even gonna TRY to front that thing kicked my ASS. What a terrible fuckin design but they seem to just run (this one was a good example, something like 160K and looked to have an OEM belt+pump and replaced with OEM). I can't imagine doing head gaskets on that thing. Omg.
Ian
Qu4dra reborn
Subtract from Ian's ReputationAdd to Ian's Reputation Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000
11-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lahey View Post
Yeah I don't want to be that guy PM, really. I like kids, at least most of them. But the fact of the matter is I don't get a second of quiet from the moment I get home, just differing levels of tolerable rumbling. When the stomping goes on, it can get so bad to the point where a glass ceiling light fixture covering will fall to the ground and shatter, as has been the case twice now. Luckily both were under rugs, otherwise some damage could have been done to the wood flooring. As mentioned before I can't hang things up, I've tried. I think that's a bit ridiculous, regardless of their situation. I grew up in a house and was taught not to run inside. Time and time again I hear stomping, then a loud series of crashes, then faint crying. I just wonder if in the 100+ times this has happened, the parents have thought, "Hey, they shouldn't run around in a two bedroom apartment. They keep getting hurt and knocking things over." When this shit happens I sometimes dart out from under the light fixture that has fell, fearing it may happen again. Ridiculous levels of loud and impeding privacy and fucking safety of all things. Lines have to be drawn, sleep has got to be had. All I was seeking today was a new level of action besides submitting a couple noise complaints. When I submitted my third (of the 13+ months I've been living under them) noise complaint and told my landlord of the circumstances, she told they would be evicted under a three strike policy. While the outcome of that would certainly be in my favor, I don't want to be that guy. Despite having been up there 3-4 times in person, even showing them the broken glass of the light they had knocked down, I believe they can enforce a simple no-running/jumping-inside rule if the landlord tells them they will be booted otherwise. If not, I've ran out of sympathy at that point, so fuck them. They've been entitled assholes every time, as if asking kids not to run indoors is so against their nature it's moot to try. Kids will be kids they say. Parents should also be parents I say, especially when living in a large, 4 story apartment complex. You don't own shit, you rent it. It comes with rules and responsibilities to your surrounding neighbors. Otherwise you get kicked the fuck out acting like entitled shits, just like they were about to.

EDIT: Rambling more than I thought, higher than I thought, disregard most of that shit. Going to bed, expecting to be woken up by you know who in the morning. Although this last hour of silence has been heavenly.
WE WILL DISREGARD NOTHING. Those kids sound like fucks.

I came here to bitch about my taste buds being fried. Most of the stuff I eat doesn't taste like much, or at least just tastes like a very dull version of the original. Hopefully that returns back to normal soon because I fucking love food.
Oh, you.
Al
EXPECTO PATRONUM
Subtract from Al's ReputationAdd to Al's Reputation Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000 Al IS OVER 9000
11-09-2014

I had no idea keurig brewed tea and hot chocolate

might have to get one now

Admiral Twitchy
Level 39
Subtract from Admiral Twitchy's ReputationAdd to Admiral Twitchy's Reputation Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana Admiral Twitchy taps Cortana
11-09-2014

Girls are psycho. Making some random kid that works at target famous

"And as the pain set in, so did the realization; you were never coming home."
"There's an elephant in the back of the room and he's standing in plain view. Everyone can see, that it looks just like me."
Wes
Subtract from Wes's ReputationAdd to Wes's Reputation Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000 Wes IS OVER 9000
11-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Twitchy View Post
Girls are psycho. Making some random kid that works at target famous
i could've been that kid :'(
Al
EXPECTO PATRONUM
11-09-2014

no you couldnt have