Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
im defending the point that you should be able to own a gun. anyone can as long as they aren't given to felons. or anyone outside the u.s. those aren't regulations those are the current laws. regulations is when obama will say the 2nd amendment is outdated and should be changed
A couple decades is outdated. Our whole constitution is outdated. Now if each law and amendment should be kept or not is up for debate.

Gun laws are fine. But it should not be harder to buy a car than it is to buy a gun.

The amount of paperwork I had to sign buying a new car this year was almost double what it was from 3 years ago. I estimate about 15 documents.

To buy a gun . . .. far fewer.

Now, I own 7 guns. 5 rifles and 2 handguns. I think that regulations should be MUCH tighter on guns.

And idiot that thinks this is a big deal, should not be able to get a gun. If you are unable to file as much paperwork and go though as much background checks as you do to buy a new car I do not want you owning a gun and you do not have the maturity or mental capacity to own a gun responsibly.

Oh, and I hate all the idiots that tried making this a political issue. Really where in the FUCK are these peoples priorities in life? A gun is your main issue, and guns were never a main part of Obamas political campaign or a priority now that he is in office. I bet at least 10,000 idiots did not vote for Obama because they were scared shitless and witless because they thought he was going to take their guns away.

Anyone that is that scared about gun laws, SHOULD have their guns taken away.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621

Last edited by MarkedAchilles; 02-19-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Tsunami
Level 50
Subtract from Tsunami's ReputationAdd to Tsunami's Reputation Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana Tsunami taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to Tsunami
02-19-2009

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
SyKaNe
Level 35
Subtract from SyKaNe's ReputationAdd to SyKaNe's Reputation SyKaNe is a novice
02-19-2009

The reason, I believe, for the one week waiting period is because perhaps the person ordering the gun is trying to get it so they can commit suicide with it or go out and kill somebody quickly. The one week period will give them time to assess situation and not make haste and do anything irrational.
DECLINE OF CIVILIZATION

Rabid Assassin
Level 13
Subtract from Rabid Assassin's ReputationAdd to Rabid Assassin's Reputation Rabid Assassin is a novice
02-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
A couple decades is outdated. Our whole constitution is outdated. Now if each law and amendment should be kept or not is up for debate.

Gun laws are fine. But it should not be harder to buy a car than it is to buy a gun.

The amount of paperwork I had to sign buying a new car this year was almost double what it was from 3 years ago. I estimate about 15 documents.

To buy a gun . . .. far fewer.

Now, I own 7 guns. 5 rifles and 2 handguns. I think that regulations should be MUCH tighter on guns.

And idiot that thinks this is a big deal, should not be able to get a gun. If you are unable to file as much paperwork and go though as much background checks as you do to buy a new car I do not want you owning a gun and you do not have the maturity or mental capacity to own a gun responsibly.

Oh, and I hate all the idiots that tried making this a political issue. Really where in the f..k are these peoples priorities in life? A gun is your main issue, and guns were never a main part of Obamas political campaign or a priority now that he is in office. I bet at least 10,000 idiots did not vote for Obama because they were scared sh.tless and witless because they thought he was going to take their guns away.

Anyone that is that scared about gun laws, SHOULD have their guns taken away.
One all politicians lie and dispite what people think obama lies just the same! Plus I think obamas Gun policy is a better reason than why most stupid F**kin people voted for him just because he is black! If you have seen what obama voted for in illinois, and what the gun laws are u would know that one of obamas main focuses is guns! they only reason it is not a big deal with him right now is because of the economy, people would be pissed if obama was worring more about guns than the economy!
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-19-2009

I do know what he voted for in Illinois, as I am from Iowa.

Guns were not his priority there either.

Why you so scared you are going to have to fill out paperwork for a gun? Reading and writing really isn't that hard. You are doing it right now.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Rabid Assassin
Level 13
Subtract from Rabid Assassin's ReputationAdd to Rabid Assassin's Reputation Rabid Assassin is a novice