Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
cleeeeeeeeeetus!
Level 45
Subtract from cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s ReputationAdd to cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s Reputation cleeeeeeeeeetus! is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cleeeeeeeeeetus!
12-20-2005

I guess the bottom line is that everyone has their own opinion, and a few of those opinions are very hard to alter. We just gotta learn to accept and respect everyone else's opinions.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
12-20-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeoncleetus
I guess the bottom line is that everyone has their own opinion, and a few of those opinions are very hard to alter. We just gotta learn to accept and respect everyone else's opinions.
No! That's wrong and I HATE YOU FOR YOUR OPINION!!11

Elmo <3
cleeeeeeeeeetus!
Level 45
Subtract from cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s ReputationAdd to cleeeeeeeeeetus!'s Reputation cleeeeeeeeeetus! is a novice
12-20-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
No! That's wrong and I HATE YOU FOR YOUR OPINION!!11
But I <3 you, lemon!
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
12-20-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeoncleetus
But I <3 you, lemon!
I <3 you too. Lets have gay premarital sex and be twice the sinners!

Elmo <3
cleeeeeeeeeetus!
Level 45
12-20-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
I <3 you too. Lets have gay premarital sex and be twice the sinners!
You... read my mind.
Andromada
Level 13
Subtract from Andromada's ReputationAdd to Andromada's Reputation Andromada is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Andromada
12-21-2005

^^theyre going to hell jk.i am christan, not really serious about it. but not having sex before marrige is almost impossible.
Get a life other than Halo
Vrbas
i'm around
Subtract from Vrbas's ReputationAdd to Vrbas's Reputation Vrbas is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Vrbas
12-21-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
I see where you're coming from.

.Ghost and Vrbas feel that it's morally wrong, but they haven't justified that belief (at least to me). I can't stand it when a person holds an unjustified belief that limits me from doing what I should be free to do.

The only reason people think it's wrong is exactly what you're talking about: society bringing kids up to think it's wrong. That's bullshit.
I have told you time and time again why it is morally wrong OUTSIDE as well as INSIDE my beliefs. I refuse to repeat what i've said soo many times. Besides, if none of us knows the answers to life, what standards do we have to go by other than OUR OWN. We all have our relative beliefs and we ALL believe what WE want to. Therefore, we give ourselves our own morals, in a sense or follow morals according to a belief. But remember, unless you believe the same thing, those morals don't apply to you. Thus proving my point that nothing can be justified unless 2 individuals hold the same belief. And if you're looking for a more "justifiable" answer, quit looking because you're never going to find one. Remember, your attitude is "For me to believe anything it must be justified with 100% proof that it is real, the truth, whatever." And with that attitude you will find nothing you are looking for.

Here's my advice to you man, loosen up a bit. Use JUST A LITTLE faith. I know you don't understand what i'm saying or any thing i've said in the past for that matter but if there is one thing i'd like you to do it is just to open up a bit. Be more "accepting". USE faith. Without it life is pointless.

Colostomizer, i know you are a smart guy. I know you know what you are talking about most of the time when you post. But for some reason, you come across to me as a "know it all" who is just out to prove others wrong. Haha, it's pretty funny i'm sure. You probably view me the same way don't you. Look, the point i'm trying to make is that each and every one of us holds SOME SORT of belief that WE think is right. Not one of us can justify that 100% no matter how hard we try. Where does that get us in these debates? No where. No one wants to be wrong. No one wants to accept defeat. Man is prideful, bottom line. I really don't know what i'm trying to get at here. But i guess what i'm trying to say is just be more considerate of what other people believe. I know you live to question others beliefs and you are always up for a challenge, but dude c'mon, be considerate. You have your beliefs and you will never change (from what i can see), i have my beliefs and i will never change (from what i can see). Why are we debating when both of us know it's going to do nothing but loop us in a neverending circle of debate? Why must one argue just for the sake of arguing? It doesn't make sense to me at all. I admit i made the mistake of even entering this b/c i to am being prideful right now. I don't want to say i'm wrong and someone else is right. Not necessarily b/c i am. But you know what? How do we know who is right? Absolute vs Relative my friend. I pray that we will ALL find the answer.

For me, this debate is finished. I have posted all i believe and it has all been stated, in what i think, a reasonably clear format. Understand what i believe and move on. I have done that for you Colos. I realize where you are in life and how you feel because i was there once. I understand you to a degree. So what do i do? I accept you for who you are and what you believe. I'm not going to try and change you. Though i admit i have tried. I'm sorry for forcing any beliefs on you. I don't know the answer to life. I don't know everything. I'm still looking (in a sense). But i have found something that I believe is the Truth and is worth holding on to. I hope you find what you are looking for in life. Good luck, i will be praying for you

Last edited by Vrbas; 12-21-2005 at 06:21 PM.
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-21-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas
I have told you time and time again why it is morally wrong OUTSIDE as well as INSIDE my beliefs. I refuse to repeat what i've said soo many times. And if you're looking for a more "justifiable" answer, quit looking because you're never going to find one. Remember, your attitude is "For me to believe anything it must be justified with 100% proof that it is real, the truth, whatever." And with that attitude you will find nothing you are looking for.
With my attitude towards life, I can know everything I need to. I know for a fact that I exist and that I can interact with the perceived world of my personal reality, and those two things are about all I need to know.

Quote:
Here's my advice to you man, loosen up a bit. Use JUST A LITTLE faith. I know you don't understand what i'm saying or any thing i've said in the past for that matter but if there is one thing i'd like you to do it is just to open up a bit. Be more "accepting". USE faith. Without it life is pointless.
I honestly do have some measure of faith. I think that a little faith is necessary to live a meaningful life. I haven't written my will because I have some faith that I'll wake up tomorrow (there is also evidence to suggest that I won't die while I'm sleeping tonight). I have some faith that you might one day accept what I think is right, and that's why I continue arguing about this (there is evidence to suggest that you can change your beliefs). I only have a problem with faith when it is the sole justification for a belief (merely believing that something is so doesn't make it so). You've got to believe that people can change their opinions and beliefs when confronted with new evidence, or there is no point in arguing ever. I think it's possible that you can convince me you're right (it doesn't seem very likely, but I think it's possible). Follow your own advice and don't give up on me. Keep the debate going.

I know for a fact that I'm not closeminded because I've been able to change my beliefs based on new evidence. Most people aren't able to, and you've told me that you aren't able to either. "I don't care what anybody says. I believe."

Quote:
Colostomizer, i know you are a smart guy. I know you know what you are talking about most of the time when you post. But for some reason, you come across to me as a "know it all" who is just out to prove others wrong. Haha, it's pretty funny i'm sure. You probably view me the same way don't you. Look, the point i'm trying to make is that each and every one of us holds SOME SORT of belief that WE think is right. Not one of us can justify that 100% no matter how hard we try. Where does that get us in these debates? No where. No one wants to be wrong. No one wants to accept defeat. Man is prideful, bottom line. I really don't know what i'm trying to get at here. But i guess what i'm trying to say is just be more considerate of what other people believe. I know you live to question others beliefs and you are always up for a challenge, but dude c'mon, be considerate. You have your beliefs and you will never change (from what i can see), i have my beliefs and i will never change (from what i can see). Why are we debating when both of us know it's going to do nothing but loop us in a neverending circle of debate? Why must one argue just for the sake of arguing? It doesn't make sense to me at all. I admit i made the mistake of even entering this b/c i to am being prideful right now. I don't want to say i'm wrong and someone else is right. Not necessarily b/c i am. But you know what? How do we know who is right? Absolute vs Relative my friend. I pray that we will ALL find the answer.
I'm really not just out to prove others wrong, and I don't think you are either. I know that I don't "know it all," I realize that there's quite a bit I don't know. Of course, I'd like for everyone to view things in a way that I consider right. And I especially want for people to see things in a way that I consider right if their views will potentially limit my rights. If you had your way, I wouldn't ever have premarital sex, right? Doing whatever you want, as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of others, is a right that I think we should all have. That's why I so vehemently argue some topics. I refuse to be considerate of everyone else's beliefs in every case, I'd rather go case-by-case. That's reasonable, isn't it? What if some guy believes that he should kill me because of the way I look? Should I be considerate of his beliefs? You've got to go case-by-case. In this case, I see your beliefs which would limit me from doing what I think I should have the right to do, so I'm not going to say, "Well, you have your beliefs and I have mine. Whatever." I'm going to try and convince you that I'm right.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
12-21-2005

Quote:
I have told you time and time again why it is morally wrong OUTSIDE as well as INSIDE my beliefs. I refuse to repeat what i've said soo many times. Besides, if none of us knows the answers to life, what standards do we have to go by other than OUR OWN. We all have our relative beliefs and we ALL believe what WE want to. Therefore, we give ourselves our own morals, in a sense or follow morals according to a belief. But remember, unless you believe the same thing, those morals don't apply to you. Thus proving my point that nothing can be justified unless 2 individuals hold the same belief. And if you're looking for a more "justifiable" answer, quit looking because you're never going to find one. Remember, your attitude is "For me to believe anything it must be justified with 100% proof that it is real, the truth, whatever." And with that attitude you will find nothing you are looking for.

For me, this debate is finished. I have posted all i believe and it has all been stated, in what i think, a reasonably clear format. Understand what i believe and move on. I have done that for you Colos. I realize where you are in life and how you feel because i was there once. I understand you to a degree. So what do i do? I accept you for who you are and what you believe. I'm not going to try and change you. Though i admit i have tried. I'm sorry for forcing any beliefs on you. I don't know the answer to life. I don't know everything. I'm still looking (in a sense). But i have found something that I believe is the Truth and is worth holding on to. I hope you find what you are looking for in life. Good luck, i will be praying for you
All he's saying, Vrbas, is that you haven't given a definitive reason why sex is inherently wrong outside of your own values and a list of possible consequences.

Maybe .Ghost is just rubbing off on us, but we want to make sure that you're saying "these are my opinions and personal values, they don't apply to everybody", rather than "SEX IS BAD M'KAY". I'm fairly certain you're for the former, so don't think I'm antagonizing you or anything.

Elmo <3
The Colostomizer
REP FOR THE REP GOD
Subtract from The Colostomizer's ReputationAdd to The Colostomizer's Reputation The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000 The Colostomizer IS OVER 9000
12-21-2005

Cursed Lemon, I don't think he's coming back, and it seems more likely to me that he was saying, "SEX IS BAD M'KAY." He was trying to explain why sex was bad within my values.